What's new

CF-Live Dates 2016

If Heide at Plopsa is not open in September will you still go to the Live?

• No

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nealbie

CF Legend
That's not a bad idea Dan. Assuming we don't get kicked out for bad behaviour, the Live taking residence in one hotel would be fab.

Helpful for fancy dress too haha.

davidm

Strata Poster
Booked flights for Sweden ; (finally decided on the CF-date rather than earlier in the summer)... Liseberg on the Sunday then?

(into Skavsta late Friday night, out of GOT after some sight-seeing)

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Hey Guys, New to the site, keen to start getting to some of these European Parks, and Ghosterforce seems ideal, whats the update on this trip? getting a bit confused reading back through all the pages!

thanks

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
chainedbanana said:
Hey Guys, New to the site, keen to start getting to some of these European Parks, and Ghosterforce seems ideal, whats the update on this trip? getting a bit confused reading back through all the pages!

thanks
Hello!

GhosterForce will be a fully organised CF event. I will take care of ground transportation, park tickets and hotels. You take care of food, transport to/from the meeting/drop off point and any souvenirs etc. Numbers for GhosterForce are limited. I'm working on a final cost next week so the sign up will be avliable mid-April. Please do not book flights, time off work etc until your space has been confirmed!

The other Lives are "day trips" where you turn up on the day and meet up with the group and we spend the day together. The day trip Lives are open to everybody and you can make your arrangements now.

GHOSTERFORCE DRIVERS
From my reckoning, Stone Cold, myself, Conor and Mysterious Sue have offered to drive. If I've been basic and missed out a drive, please let me know by the end of this week! Driver volunteers are appreciated and must be over 25 (for cheaper insurance purposes).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ian said:
GHOSTERFORCE DRIVERS
From my reckoning, Stone Cold, myself, Conor and Mysterious Sue have offered to drive. If I've been basic and missed out a drive, please let me know by the end of this week! Driver volunteers are appreciated and must be over 25 (for cheaper insurance purposes).
Me cool)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah yes, that's the five I remember. Any other volunteers so I don't have to drive?!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I am going to drive. HOWEVER, got some plans. Ian, would it be okay to call you tomorrow evening about it?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You'll all be pleased to know that I removed my finger from my anus and knuckled down to do some work on the Lives today. Here's an update.

Paultons/Thorpe
Initial discussions under way. I'm not expecting anything grand at Thorpe but who knows, there might be something nice ;) Paultons will be fab - I promise. Expect the topic for this Live by the end of April. Dates are set so you can book your travel and hotels. Please do not purchase tickets for Paultons (well, you can if you like but you'd be silly to do so...) but go ahead and book Thorpe if needs be.

Kolmarden
Still not a dicky bird. By all means book your travel and hotel but hold off buying tickets. We've still got plenty of time to pre-book if I don't hear from them. Expect the topic in late May. FYI, I will be doing Liseberg on the Friday and Grona on the Sunday, if anybody else is visiting on those days, let me know cus I think parks are best enjoyed with fellow goons.

Plopsaland
Contact has been made. I don't think they do ERT but I might be able to wangle some cheaper entry tickets (with Waterpark combo). Feel free to make your travel and hotel plans. Topic to be posted in July. I will break with tradition and stay overnight on the Saturday so I can do the water park and maybe an extra park on the Sunday (TBC). I'm driving over and will have spare seats in my car (PM me if you want a space).

GhosterForce
This will be limited to 25 spaces (well, 20 as five spaces are reserved for the drivers). I have sent chaser emails to all the parks and asked the drivers to estimate hire car costs. Until I hear back from the parks and hotels I've contacted today, I can't give a cost just yet. I'm estimating that absolute top end worst case cost scenario would be £270 per person but I'm confident it will be a lot lower when all the figures are in. Sign up will hopefully appear later this month so please do not book flights etc until your space on the trip has been confirmed!

Alton Towers
I'm not going to bother contacting them. The social media team there know we exist but anybody else couldn't give a toss. Go ahead and arrange your travel and hotel. Expect the topic in late August. If driving, I suggest pre-booking the express parking or staying overnight. Last season it took me 50mins to exit the car park after the fireworks, and (if last season is to go by) they do not sell express parking on the day.

So yeah, there's no panic with any of the Lives at the moment. Everything will be posted here in due course.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I said that I might be able to get the Euro Live cost by the end of the week...and I failed. Sorry. I don't want to start taking deposits until I have a good idea of the costs because people might back out if it's too much. I want to make life easy for both you and me.

The good news is I've had responses from all of parks on the list except Kolmarden, Toverland and Efteling. Although I've just noticed a "failed to send" email from Efteling in my junk folder.

Bear with me...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
David B said:
Im new on here. Could anyone confirm if there is a meet at Thorpe Park in May?
Hi David, welcome to CF!

Yes, there will be a trip to Paultons Park and Thorpe Park on the 4th and 5th June respectively.

I think Ian is hoping to have more details ready by end of April.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hixee is right. The Paultons & Thorpe topic will be up soon.

For Paultons, the cheapest way to do it is for me to do online group rate - so expect a sign up page soon where all attendees will have to send me the money in advance.

(Re the Euro Live, prices are more or less there. I have to admit that the parks haven't been as generous as the Finnish, Swedish and Italian parks were in recent years. But don't worry, I'll strive to make it as affordable and fab as I possibly can.)

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I'm most likely up for Kolmården, because I happen to be in Stockholm around that time with nothing planned on the 20th :--D

mouse

Giga Poster
Was hoping to go to Paultons, but the weekend is just before a load of exams for me :(.

Alton however...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Sign up isn't available yet, Ian is still putting together costs i believe! Keep an eye out and it'll be up soon.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Is anybody who is going to Plopsa doing an extra park on Sunday? I'm tempted to do that live since the flights to Brussels are currently at 60€ for the weekend, which is as cheap as you can get to anywhere from Ljubljana :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
^i think a few of us were actually planning on chillaxing at the water park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk