What's new

Celebrity Deaths 2009 Edition

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Same, I got a bit p***ed off I think it grew to 15 texts or something and I found out early in the morning when I was about to go to work!

mrclam

Giga Poster
AmandaPanda said:
^ I totally agree, and there is ANOTHER program on the BBC I think, dedicated to MJ, GET OVER IT!!! How many weeks was it now, jesus, it's not like this guy was a profit or something, I liked his music but not THAT much!

Personally - i wouldnt mind if he was actually still relevant.

But when was the last actually good record he released?!? 20 years ago? Long before most of the people on this forum were even born!!!!

I mean the only things which kept him in the public eye was that he was weird, had paid a LOT of money to make himself look like a white woman, had 3 children who look nothing like him (taking into account the NATURAL colour of his skin, and the fact that at least one looks like mccauly culkin) and MAY have had a thing for underaged boys (and by his own admission liked sleeping in the same bed as them).

But the media has somehow recently made him out to be some sort of messiah - as opposed to some freaky washed up hasbeen who enjoyed spending tiime with young boys....

I hate to think what'd happen when glitter dies.

National parades like when diana died?

^ Someone already said that one.

And yes, I can understand all the media hype about Jackson, I mean of course it's gonna go on for a while especially when they had the whole custody thing, the autopsy, and more investigations, but the war veterans are more important, and they could have at least dedicated a few days to them.

^ A heart attack at 36? Geez, that's pretty sad, and nothing common that you'd like, expect someone that age to die from.

EDIT- The article says he was 26, not 36.. That's even worse.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Oops thanks Taylor, I'll change it.

The same thing seems to have happened to a few players in football in training or during matches. Its happened to a few young players here in Ireland too.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently when you're born, there's something in your body that has a kind of regenerative time line. Repairs to damage/worn out tissue is limited.

It's different for everyone. Essentially it gives each person a set number of heart beats, etc.

No matter how fit you are, if you've pushed the number of times your heart can beat - you're stuffed. If you're unlucky enough to be a particularly fit person with a low regeneration factor, then you end your life earlier by exercising more.

Each time you work your heart, it breaks down muscle fibre which is rebuilt stronger - but at some point, it can't do it any more.

Although there are also hidden heart issues, thrombosis, etc can give an unexpected heart attack.

Very sad when it happens to somebody young.

^ So basically it's bad to workout because it makes your heart beat faster and then it won't be able to repair damaged tissue anymore?

And yes I know there are hidden heart conditions that can make people have heart attacks at any given time really, I mean look at that 8 year old that had a heart attack back in the 90's.. Crazy stuff, and very sad indeed.

BTW no problem Emmett, I enjoy being correct :p .

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ A heart attack at 36? Geez, that's pretty sad, and nothing common that you'd like, expect someone that age to die from.

EDIT- The article says he was 26, not 36.. That's even worse.

He was a rich footballer.

he probably did a lot of coke