Re: Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Im so confused by this.

WHY?!

And I completely missed that end part there -_-

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

That was good. Nearly got me.

Also, does this mean Raptor will have silver rails again?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Maybe? They essentially say both. :razz:

Tony Clark said:
They'll remain the same and will be returned back to their vibrant debut colors of 1994 and 2003, respectively.

And for reference for others, Raptor's rails were originally an unpainted grey in 1994, but painted to a matching green during a 2002 repaint:

4bt097n400000000s00100.jpg

k65g00079p00040014s0g0.jpg

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Hyde said:
Another side bit - Raptor and TTD will be getting a repaint for 2016, with the same color scheme for both. Will be nice having the Raptor TLC as complement to Valravn. :)

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article ... s?mobile=0

Do the artist impressions of the repaints both have the right colors? Hope not because they both look absolutely hideous, Raptor may as well get renamed McDonalds: The Ride and TTD's looks a bit garish and King Da Ka esque.

Casio

Mega Poster
cjbrandy said:
Do the artist impressions of the repaints both have the right colors? Hope not because they both look absolutely hideous, Raptor may as well get renamed McDonalds: The Ride and TTD's looks a bit garish and King Da Ka esque.

ThomVD said:
Yeah, TTD's looks vile. Why change the colour scheme if it was fab to begin with.

Read the bottom of the page: "If it wasn't obvious, I was kidding about the colors. They'll remain the same and will be returned back to their vibrant debut colors of 1994 and 2003, respectively." So no change!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And if you want to see video of the first support going up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GBEtOWIOyg[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A closer shot of the pre-lift turn around, complements of Tony Clark:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/662730682100113408[/tweet]

Lofty

CF Legend
I still can't get over the colour choice for this coaster - if the track was more of a darker orange and less **** brown, it'd look pretty fab.

Snoo

The Legend
^This.

The supports are a fantastic shade of blue but the spine and rails just.. are an offputting orange/brown to me.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^I agree. Something along the lines of Thunderbird, or even Raging Bull track would work much better.

ynfG2jD.jpg

Bad Photoshop edit, but I guess it works?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The issue if they did that would be that it would too closely rougaresemble Rougarou. Then the only real difference would be layout, trains, the gray stripe, and the shades of blue. To goons like us it wouldn't be an issue but the GP would be like, "ZOMG is this the one that goes straight down!?!?!?!11!!!??" getting in line for Rougarou all the **** time. Personally I think they should've done golden track with black supports, gold would look awesome on such a big, dominating coaster.

Not terribly excited to ride this one since I'm not the biggest fan of the whole dive machine concept but it should be a fun one to follow. Can't wait to see it go up!

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
I wouldn't have even made the color scheme orange, I would've gone for a dark magenta like the color shown in the Banshee concept art. Valravn is going to look beautiful when it's finished but the color doesn't fit the theme.

Lofty

CF Legend
The brown is absolutely vile.

The thing is, the brown won't look nice against a blue sky, it'll make it feel a bit dirty and 'old' actually, which is a shame. A golden track would have looked absolutely lovely.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Yeah the brown is horrible. It would work a lot better for something rustically themed like SDC's Wildfire, There are plenty of colour combinations the park hasn't done that would have looked fine.