What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Lift hill is starting to go vertical.

And don't worry about the colors - they'll fade to a nice orange in a few years. :razz:

The reason I think gold would have been the way to go would be because of one of the ride's main selling points: the records it's breaking. The mini-site for the coaster has tabs reading "Visions of Glory" and "Rise to Power," and the records page describes it as the "undisputed king of dive coasters." Themes I see resonating here are domination and victory. Gold and silver are commonly associated with winning and wealth, so they would be very appropriate for a coaster like this. Not like a cheesy cartoony yellowy gold, but like a deep, legit gold.

Could Valravn have a better color scheme? Probably. Could it be worse? Absolutely.

SilverBullet_Website_Header2.jpg

Better than all black, gray, or white. Nothing is worse than Silver Bullet and those nasty trains.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No ****, it was in reference to 'Merlin Grey', which is indeed a 'term' or 'name' to shades of grey uses by the parks, so in essence only has one term ;)

To be fair, it's tough at Cedar Point as they're coasters have about every color imaginable.

I'm waiting to pass judgement on the cooper/navy color combo until I see the actual structure. CGI renderings are tough at capturing color in its natural lighting environment - Diamondback at KI for instance came out a deeper red than what was advertised at the announcement.

render_Helix.jpg

I feel the actual track color could appear brighter in person, which would complement well with the navy supports. They are after all split complementaries!

cc5c59e5753b0b84e1cadd3fd26d945e.jpg

Here's a good photo of what I'm getting at - track looks a far brighter orange than the computer renderings lead on:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/664107163929985024[/tweet]

bottom track of the first drop/immelmann is now in place.

camera1.jpg

Yeah, footers!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz1ES6f-7KM[/youtube]