What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Did anyone get a good view of the trains?
DHXYpQiWsAAqxw-.jpg

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Oh. My. ****ing. God. I'm in LOVE. Looks like Wicked Cyclone on steroids. The first drop on Goliath GAm is one of the best out there, I can only imagine this will top that considering this is taller and steeper. Coaster Mania can't come soon enough.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Woah, this looks quite grand. I really like the bits of it racing through its own structure, I think that's what really sets it apart from the other RMCs for me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, that looks incredible. Those first elements are so huge, and the finale racing through the dense wooden structure is going to be amazing.

Very impressed - bravo RMC and Cedar Point!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Wow! RMC maximized the old Mean Streak's potential out there! The quantity of airtime, the fast sections inside the wooden structure, the wicked inversions... it has it all!

Snoo

The Legend
I think it could have just been Vengeance personally. More of an impactful name.

The ride does look good tho. My main worry does remain however as the 2nd half will determine the ride. We all know the beginning will be incredible but it has to keep it up. Wicked Cyclone didn't, Wildfire didn't.. which may be why I prefer the shorter rides to the longer ones in general.

I have no complaints about this. It is long, relentless, and has a good mix of inversions and airtime hills. After looking at the POV, I don't think the pacing will suffer all that much, which was my major concern. I guess we'll see next May!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I know some of us were concerned about if the second half of the ride would ruin the pace, but I think it'll benefit from being enclosed in its own structure and keep that sense of speed going. I love how the first half is just over the top hills and turns, and the second half being tight transitions and bunny hops. Looks fantastic.

This is what, like, Cedar Point's sixth 200+ ft coaster? And their fifth coaster with a 90+ degree drop? They can't calm down, can't they!