What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Is there a mini wave-turn just before the final inversion?

And are there tighter restrictions on the new trains?
That is indeed a wave turn, and I actually liked it better as a smaller element than as a big one like Lightning Rod's. Did it by putting the C-channels on the curve like always but moving the connection point for the vertical rail ties towards the center and then back to the traditional overbank. Nice pop of air there, in the back you get yanked out of it pretty violently.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
First FrontierTown Hoe Down is tonight, expect to see more reviews coming out.

Meanwhile, I'll be cursing the late event planning of Cedar Point while in meetings.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I went to the hoedown last night, and I have to say, this ride is giving Maverick a run for its money! Its got everything that Maverick has (Speed, intensity, smoothness, twistiness), combined with the height and airtime of Magnum, and the restraints of TTD and Millenium Force! It combines some of my favorite rides and it ends up being my favorite ride in the park, and my favorite overall! The lap bar had to have been at least 1 centimeter away from my lap on this thing, so the airtime was insane!
As for my favorite element, I'd have to say either the outerbanked top hat, or the wave turn, or maybe even the airtime hill before the MCBR, as that was a really intense airtime hill!
Overall a phenomenal addition to the park! Worth the 1 hour 45 minute wait (with a break down)!

Matt N

CF Legend
I went to the hoedown last night, and I have to say, this ride is giving Maverick a run for its money! Its got everything that Maverick has (Speed, intensity, smoothness, twistiness), combined with the height and airtime of Magnum, and the restraints of TTD and Millenium Force! It combines some of my favorite rides and it ends up being my favorite ride in the park, and my favorite overall! The lap bar had to have been at least 1 centimeter away from my lap on this thing, so the airtime was insane!
As for my favorite element, I'd have to say either the outerbanked top hat, or the wave turn, or maybe even the airtime hill before the MCBR, as that was a really intense airtime hill!
Overall a phenomenal addition to the park! Worth the 1 hour 45 minute wait (with a break down)!
So I'm going to presume that Steel Vengeance is your number 1 coaster now, even though it's still listed as Maverick?

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster

was that in the normal queue? is it smoother than maverick?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
That whole section travelling underneath the support structure at night looks so ****ing cool, like you'll have no idea which way is up.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
was that in the normal queue? is it smoother than maverick?
Yes, it was in the same queue, and it was just as smooth, if not smoother than Maverick. Idk if it was just the wheel seat or me setting my RMC smoothness expectations too high :p, but it seemed like the train bounced a bit from the suspension maybe. However, that's the only complaint from me and it really wasn't noticeable after the first drop.
Can someone tell me if this is normal?

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Sounds nasty. Hope no one was badly hurt. I'm guessing it'll be down for a while as I'm sure RMC, Ceder Fair and possibly the local government will want to investigate.

Snoo

The Legend
Shame. I was heading up to meet up with Hyde and company tonight for a night ride. That bad boy is going to be closed for at minimum a week (Magnum had a similar incident a number of years ago due to rain and it was closed for at least a week from my memory). This is a brand new ride.. who knows how long it may be down.