What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider *UPDATE PAGE

^ But if they landscpape that part of the parking lot, like in the pics, it will make it oh so much better

bmac

Giga Poster

Hyde244 said:
It is too early to determine is trimming will be used - that is never rendered on the initial concept.

The criticism of the use of the initial inverted drop is a bit overstated - all coaster types have their "unique" layout features that you want. For instance, what Invert is without a zero-g roll?

This looks like a damn good coaster. Great layout, great concept color and name, and who can argue with those pircturesque inversions over the main entrance?

Not too shabby for a parking lot coaster. :wink:

you guys need a like button, seriously. :drinking:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

coaster_rider93 said:
^ But if they landscpape that part of the parking lot, like in the pics, it will make it oh so much better
Word.

With any luck, it will turn out like Dominator's relocation to KD, which was previously excess parking.

julho142.jpg

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

^ Which looks pretty good!...I just pray to God it doesn't end up like Scream at SFMM..but I don't believe CP would do that cool)

Snoo

The Legend

I think with a ride this high profile, they will do something with it. As Matt pointed out with Dommy, I put my money on they will won't have white stripes below their brand new high profile ride at the very front of the park where EVERYONE can see it.

bmac

Giga Poster

There are parts where it looks like it will go over parts of the parking lot anyways, so it'll be cool parking right up front and having the coaster roar right over your car. I believe Silver Star @ Europa Park is a perfect example of how Cedar Point can do it "right," just let's hope it's a lot better looking.

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster

I think this is a greatly exciting addition, and also finally another incentive to visit the park.

So the inversions are in order dive-drop, immelmann, giant corkscrew, zero-g roll, dive loop and zero-g roll or have I incorrectly interpreted the picture?

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

^ I would say the "dive loop" is more of an overbanked turnaround from the looks of it
EDIT: Extremely overbanked...lol

bmac

Giga Poster

CoasterfanSWE said:
I think this is a greatly exciting addition, and also finally another incentive to visit the park.

So the inversions are in order dive-drop, immelmann, giant corkscrew (or "horseshoe roll") zero-g roll, dive loop and zero-g roll or have I incorrectly interpreted the picture?

Horseshoe roll is what Maverick has, it's basically a cork into a u-turn into another cork. Gate Keeper will essentially have a giant corkscrew akin to Hydra.

A101

Mega Poster

coaster_rider93 said:
^ I would say the "dive loop" is more of an overbanked turnaround from the looks of it
EDIT: Extremely overbanked...lol

Maybe they'll call it a "barrel roll", (ala Leviathan!)

rich210uk

Mega Poster

This one’s going to cost me! Because now I’m going to HAVE to go :--D Cedar Point has been on my list for ages. This one looks great, I like the fact it leaves the main territory of the park into the car park and across the entrance. Should give you the feeling that you’ve been taken on a ride to protect the entrance and gate :wink:

Intricks

Strata Poster

Hyde244 said:
It is too early to determine is trimming will be used - that is never rendered on the initial concept.:

Yes, they have. Remember Leviathans POV preview? Everyone was complaining about the trim being shown in the CG. This will show whether trim will be there or not (or at least it should...I can't remember if Wild Eagle has trims at any point along its flight).

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

I will definitely laugh if this is a red herring. (I don't think it it, but still.)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Intricks said:
Hyde244 said:
It is too early to determine is trimming will be used - that is never rendered on the initial concept.:

Yes, they have. Remember Leviathans POV preview? Everyone was complaining about the trim being shown in the CG. This will show whether trim will be there or not (or at least it should...I can't remember if Wild Eagle has trims at any point along its flight).

Yeah, that is why I asked, as I remember the Leviathan announcement.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I wasn't around for Leviathan's announcement - I was in the middle of the mountains with limited internet. :razz:

My mistake, I at least know of some CG generations that did not include trims.

Trims or no trims, meh. I'll still be riding the ride, so I could care less.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Oh definitely, it's not usually normal, but since they are both Cedar Fair, I assumed this is what they had started to do.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Loving the layout.
Not so much loving the name...kinda lame and really pushing the whole "omg it goes over the gate" thing.

Of course that matters very little, I'm already stoked for CP 2013!

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I think I can wait another year to buy a laptop now :D

Seriously, I think that CF Live should do the US one through the Midwest with two wing coasters, an inverting woodie, The Voyage, and a possible new coaster at SFStL.