What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Well if it is to be trimless, I think they will change the straight section to a camel back (As used on Wild Eagle) or maybe leave it as a straight.

I think that drop into the immelmann may challenge a pretzel loop for most intense inversion. Can't freakin' wait. Hopefully I can get there in the next year or two.

Lights have been installed for after dark construction.

Gatekeepercam5.jpg

Re: Cedar Point |

Intricks said:
Edit: It is officially announced, the ride will be trimless!

I'm glad to hear this news. GateKeeper won't drag ass like the other winged coasters.

Re: Cedar Point |

Taxi said:
I'm glad to hear this news. GateKeeper won't drag ass like the other winged coasters.

It most likely will, eliminating the need for trim brakes.

tomahawKSU said:
I think that drop into the immelmann may challenge a pretzel loop for most intense inversion. Can't freakin' wait. Hopefully I can get there in the next year or two.
Pretzel loops aren't necessarily that intense. It's more of a, "GFORCESGFORCESGFORCESI'MLYINGONMYBACKGFORCESGFORCESWOOI'MBACKFLYING" feeling, not intensity, if that makes sense. :lol: Immelmann loops are a thing of beauty, though, and I have to agree with you on the Immelmann part.

By intense, I mean extremely strong forces, but that is mainly because of the position and the forces are hitting in a different position. Or at least I think that is the reason, if there is a more technical reason I would love to hear why. It's my favorite element for how strong the forces are.

Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Whats the view on the Dragster cam again? Just the mid area or all the way up and beyond that of the entrance?

Only asking cause they said ots back up as someone had accidentally unplugged it :-/

Hoo boy, I just realized how arsed CP will be if something puts this project way behind schedule. There's no way that the Marina Gate and Resort Gate could handle the additional traffic if the new front gate wasn't ready to go.

Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

The entire lot infront kf the gate is ripped to shreads. Ill need to get my panorama of that area up. This ride is severely larger than what the preview animation showed. Footers are near Blue Streak for this thing!

Ummm....some more info I wracked up from my brain. B&M themselves are making the two towers that will house the keyholes. They will be 20ft of concrete as the footer, with 80ft of metal, totaling 100ft in height.

Everything is going to be seperated. Group sales and season passes will be located more infront of gatekeeper as a whole, with the ticket booths being open as well. I believe (this is my visual inside my head based on the description) the two towers will be the star of the physical park now, with the ticket booths fanning out on both sides in a V shape. Season Pass holders will enter the park directly between the two towers and will just be a swipe now (not sure how it used to be).

At this pace, they could probably have the airtime hill finished by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

The Immelmann loop is absolutely MASSIVE. I mean seriously, the coaster itself is huge, but that's ginormous.