What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Okay so it's a Giga and it looks sweet and I'm happy it's in one of my home parks but what the Hell is the point of it? It's literally Behemoth in an L shape. But oh well, can't complain, I'll be riding it in May hopefully.

Tony

Hyper Poster

May aswell mention 2 trims :wink: ... I think it looks pretty awesome actually and loving those high speed low hills, but still surprised as it is actually rather similar to Behemoth but oh well B&M finally building a Giga :) .

^ Yah but Behemoth has trims and most of the time I've ridden it they've been turned off, or haven't made the ride crap. It does look a bit on the short side though. I still think it was absolutely pointless :p I'll moan until I ride it and it's actually good and a different experience from Behemoth.

Intricks

Strata Poster

This ride .... <3 ... Lots of it. Heeeeh.

Switching between the hideouts'...

ry1996

Mega Poster
Re: "Leviathan", B&M for Canada's Wonderland

The ride looks Phenomenal Sorry I still think they should have Located this at Cedar point But you know
Imo.

Intricks

Strata Poster

No, they shouldnt have. Cedar Point may be their baby, but Canadas Wonderland pulls the highest attendance out of all the Cedar Fair owned parks. It is good to FINALLY see some love for the ignored parks of Cedar Fair.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Re: "Leviathan", B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

I think that while this ride looks like Behemoth in alot of ways, I think the ride will feel kinda different. Can you imaagine being in that back row down that drop? HOLY...CRAP!
I think once the ride opens its going to be absolutely sensational and really a badder, more unique version of Behemoth. I cannot wait for it. its going through these turns and stuff the same speed as millennium force! You just cant really visualise it with the animation, but once it opens >>>> OMG!
Remember I305? huge amounts of people complained about it being forceless and then we all know how opening day went :)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Okay so it's a Giga and it looks sweet and I'm happy it's in one of my home parks but what the Hell is the point of it? It's literally Behemoth in an L shape.

I agree there. B&M may call it a giga but it is basically a taller and faster hyper. There is near to no point for this coaster as they already Behemoth.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ guys come on, I really think this is gonna be different to Behemoth. Leviathan has got twisties and overbanked curves while doing at 120+ kph. Its gonna be FAB!!!!! and B&M lap bars!!!
Behemoth is just about airtime really, but this is a BIG BAD new version of the hyper! ITS A B&M GIGA!
My first ride on this (whenever the hell it is), I dont care how long i gotta wait ......... FRONT ROW!

plus, lets be honest, the park didnt really want to seem to go with Intamin. Theyve probably heard the issues I305 has had, and they want their giga to be more successful and I definetly think they like B&M more, as they were very pleased with the success of Behemoth

Intricks

Strata Poster

Seriously, to go out there and say it is a glorified hyper is just rude. If you want to classify this as a glorified hyper, then MF, I305, SD2k should be as well. The entire beginning reminds me of MF, but after the first hill, it becomes its own beast. Ive seen Behemoth, and this looks nothing like it.

ry1996

Mega Poster

I really love the Teaser they have done....I cant stop watching it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Looks pretty magical in the rendered POV:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9EBWjkpyY[/youtube]

steel

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
I'm almost certain this is not going to be named after a book series. The names are coincidental with the books...nothing more. Cedar Fair doesn't have that type of intelligence when it comes to naming things, nor that depth of insight either.
It's not named after a book series, it and the book series are both (unrelated) references to mythology in ancient Jewish texts. I had never heard of that book series, and honestly I'm surprised people thought that was the connection instead of just looking up Leviathan on Wikipedia and seeing a picture of Behemoth and Leviathan together.

Leviathan looks incredible and nobody has any reason to complain. You're getting the seventh tallest and eighth fastest roller coaster in the world. And with that trench included, I bet you anything it's also the longest drop on a non-launched coaster in the world. That drop is going to be amazing. WHO CARES if there's another B&M megacoaster in the park? It's exactly the same as Millennium Force vs. Magnum. Magnum has lots of hills and MF has speed and overbanked turns. Behemoth has lots of hills and Leviathan has speed and overbanked turns. Magnum was the first hypercoaster in the US, Behemoth was the first in Canada. MF was the first gigacoaster in the US, Leviathan is the first in Canada.
You have no room to complain.
Not to mention the fact that Canada's Wonderland now has SIXTEEN coasters! I think we can officially call it the second flagship now.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Re:

Intricks said:
Seriously, to go out there and say it is a glorified hyper is just rude. If you want to classify this as a glorified hyper, then MF, I305, SD2k should be as well. The entire beginning reminds me of MF, but after the first hill, it becomes its own beast. Ive seen Behemoth, and this looks nothing like it.

um relax dude. I was the one defending the ride and saying it was gonna be unique and different. I was saying its a big bad, NEW version of the hypers. its a new thing > its a B&M giga!!! Its gonna be different than the hypers and I was the one arguing that from the beginning!

please dont take my words so literally and bite my head off, on forums things can come across easily confused you know?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

After watching the POV for the 3rd time, I'm hoping the head chopper before the turnaround is as dramatic IRL as it is in the rendered POV.

The POV is only 72seconds long, whereas the ride stats says the duration is 3m 30s long. Either the POV is too quick or the park is employing that old trick of including loading/unloading time!

emery96

Roller Poster

The 3min, 28 sec that is advertised would likely include the lift up the hill and the wait in the break run. The rendering leaves both of those out.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ I think its a good length (time wise). I mean it could be longer, but theres absolutely nothing wrong with the length it is now, it doesnt need to be changed its great. There is gonna be crazy scary anticipation for this, heading up that lift hill. I really wish that I could go to Canadas Wonderland sometime really really soon. Obviously not before may haha.

I also just had an epic idea!! Next year the park should add 2 little kiddie coasters ........ and THEN they will have a total of EIGHTEEN coasters! An as sfmm is taking out deja vu, CW will be the new record holder!
Buhahaha, screw sfmm and cp, WONDERLAND is coming after you!!! LOL

I wouldn't say it's rude to think a coaster doesn't look good. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, and I don't think it looks crap by any means but I can't see it breaking a top ten because it doesn't really do anything that different. I'm still excited for it and that but it's not rude for someone to say their opinion. Don't prejudge and all that crap but everyone formulates opinions before riding coasters and I'm allowed to have mine. Don't get the wrong idea, never really meant it looked crap and as I said I'm happy it's going to a park easily accessible to me, just doesn't look outstanding or different. The location is odd though, gonna change the whole front bit of the park.

I'll probably go sometime in September, so if I pop in there I'll get some construction pictures if they've started by then.