What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Josh73

Active Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Oh no, they better not remove Dragon Fire. I love that ride. It was my gateway coaster. It got me started on my coaster craze! :(
 

Intricks

Well-Known Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

^^^ and ^ Look, if they were going to remove a ride for this to be put in, it would have been cleared out before anything else started to be constructed upon. Since the ride is still there and footers are being put in, Im guessing the ride is here to stay

^^ I was told 7am on Thursday. I havent heard anything from the contrary and that is what is listed on CWMania.

Switching between the hideouts'...
 

Josh73

Active Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

It says 20 hours on the coundown now. http://www.canadaswonderland.com/2012/
I think that B&M has a different meaning to the termgig coaster. I read somewhere that it is going to be a floorless coaster. Although it would be a great addition to the park, I'm now so sure it will happen...
 

steel

Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

D1993 said:
someone please confirm this: I already asked, but the COUNTDOWN says 8 hrs 50 mins, and if it is currently 810AM, that means announcement will be at 5PM, right?
I know I already asked, but im getting confused cos different people are telling me different things and I dont want to miss the live announcement.
Its seeming to be the most exciting coaster of the year and if I miss the announcement that'll suck. I love staying up and waking up early it adds so much more to the excitement.
What countdown are you looking at? It says 22 hours 14 minutes.
 

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

steel said:
D1993 said:
someone please confirm this: I already asked, but the COUNTDOWN says 8 hrs 50 mins, and if it is currently 810AM, that means announcement will be at 5PM, right?
I know I already asked, but im getting confused cos different people are telling me different things and I dont want to miss the live announcement.
Its seeming to be the most exciting coaster of the year and if I miss the announcement that'll suck. I love staying up and waking up early it adds so much more to the excitement.
What countdown are you looking at? It says 22 hours 14 minutes.

That'll be because it's based on the time on YOUR PC!!!

So it's only going to be correct if you're on the East coast of Canada.
 

steel

Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Most of the east coast of Canada is an hour ahead of Toronto, and Newfoundland is an hour and a half ahead. But it would be right if you are on the east coast of the US or anywhere else in GMT-5.

(Just my little rebellion for being wrong :twisted:)
 
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

2012 - Leviathan a 350 foot roller coaster, first giga by B & M and surpassing tallest and fastest coaster in Canada (max speed 98mph) [17] (An official countdown clock to the announcement of the 2012 attraction can be seen here. The official announcement will be made on August 18, 2011 at approximately 7:00 am EST. This is also when the countdown clock will end.)
Taken from wikipedia, the most reliable source in the world since the invention of canned spam.
 

ry1996

Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

^ Where did you see this on wicki?
Also It will be announced 7am thursday "tommorow" canadas time.
 

Intricks

Well-Known Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Cause you can trust wikipedia. Nothing has been announced yet, not even a form of propet leak. Anybody can edit wikipedia, and depending on which mods are on at the time, it can stay up for a while. Believing wikipedia at this point is like believing the Dip n Dots guy (cause they do know all). If it turns out to be this, then I will eat my own words. Til then, it will be a giga B&M with an unknown height that I will ride and scream like a little bitch cause this will force all doubters to realize the threat known as B&M :3

Switching between the hideouts'...
 

Snoo

The Legend
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

I'll laugh when it is correct. :p
 

Intricks

Well-Known Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

And just as i said, any info on CW2012 has been deleted with just a basic announcement date and time cause nothing is known.

Edit: I believe there is a cache mix up happening. Going through google i got what has been posted; however, going to Wikipedia and then searching Canadas Wonderland give you just the plain announcement.

Switching between the hideouts'...
 

ry1996

Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

On TPR they posted a pic of a book called Leviathan and the Follow up Book to it was called Behemoth ?
What a Coincidence !- Book by Keith Thompson

Also Canadas wonderland said the announcement would be Simply when the Countdown ends !
7am tomozz in candas time, they will be doing it on Facebook
 

Intricks

Well-Known Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

What is there facebook page btw?

Switching between the hideouts'...
 

emery96

New Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Here is Wonderland's FB page.
http://www.facebook. com/CanadasWonderland (just remove the space before 'com')

Also, you will be able to watch the announcement on Breakfast Television
http://www.bttoronto. ca/video/ (once again, remove the space)

And, lastly, CWMania staff will be at Wonderland on Thursday morning for the announcement, and will be posting live updates.
http://www.cwmania. com/ (same as above, remove the space)
 

Snoo

The Legend
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

emery96 said:
Here is Wonderland's FB page.
http://www.facebook.com/CanadasWonderland (just remove the space before 'com')

Also, you will be able to watch the announcement on Breakfast Television
http://www.bttoronto.ca/video/ (once again, remove the space)

And, lastly, CWMania staff will be at Wonderland on Thursday morning for the announcement, and will be posting live updates.
http://www.cwmania.com/ (same as above, remove the space)


There we go.
 

Intricks

Well-Known Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Thanks for the web links. King, I did...it came up with pver 40 different things for Canadas Wonderland. Instead of checking them all and hoping for the best, I figured Id just ask instead.

Switching between the hideouts'...
 

steel

Member
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

ry1996 said:
On TPR they posted a pic of a book called Leviathan and the Follow up Book to it was called Behemoth ?
What a Coincidence !- Book by Keith Thompson
From the Book of Enoch:
"And on that day were two monsters parted, a female monster named Leviathan, to dwell in the abysses of the ocean over the fountains of the waters. But the male is named Behemoth, who occupied with his breast a waste wilderness named Duidain." --1 Enoch 60:7-8
From Wikipedia:
"In Jewish aprocrypha and pseudepigrapha such as the 2nd century BCE Book of Enoch, Behemoth is the primal unconquerable monster of the land, as Leviathan is the primal monster of the waters of the sea and Ziz the primordial monster of the sky."

So in short, Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz are equals, sort of the ancient Jewish version of Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus.
 
Top