What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ I kind of agree. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing of tunnels, but it adds something to the ride, even if it's just an underwhelming tunnel.

Aside from this, only a few more days until I get to ride - joy!

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, first off I still think the ride as a whole looks brilliant and I really like the colors and flow of the track. However, I must join in on the lame tunnel band wagon, but at the same time, I agree with those saying it's a good idea because it definitely makes a huge difference to the GP. But metal tunnels make me think of riding Magnum in 110 degree heat and that can be a scorcher in there. Good thing your going 92mph!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The train will act as a piston anyway, pushing most of the solar-heated air out of the tunnel every time it passes. Either way, it wouldn't make that much of a difference for riders. They're in there for about two seconds, not nearly enough time to be affected by the temperature difference.

You can also see that the tunnel is open towards the ground, allowing air to escape through the sides. Otherwise, the air pressure from the entering train would create quite a shock wave. I guess it wouldn't be too pleasant for the ears of the front riders either.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
B&MintaminGCI said:
The tunnel has been done

thumb_003_73.jpg

Looks like they got the same company that did the SD2K tunnels. (That's sarcasm.)

At 80 mph, what does it matter what the tunnel looks like?

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
Just for the record, riders will be in tunnel for about 0.74 seconds. But i still think something cool like the entrance of the tunnel looking like the mouth of leviathan would be nice.

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
I checked it out and i put everything from my social security number to which color socks i like to wear on hot summer days.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ My god, you're going to fit in just perfect here <3

Yes, I agree with mot people on here that the tunnel just needs something better than a tin shed, even if it's faux rock work. Look at Verbolten, even they've added a nice entrance to their tunnel leading into a **** metal shed.

SO, everyone on here can suck it who said Leviathan was gonna suck. I rode it earlier yesterday in the back and it was really good, and definitely exceeded my expectations; however, today we rode it in the front and it was mindblowing. I think it made everyone's top ten (I think in Jerry's top five even, but I'll let him speak for himself), and we don't just say that because it's a new ride-- it truly was awesome. It's a great ride everywhere, but in the front it's a definite top ten. Amazing drop, immense speed, and great airtime.

Ciall told me to say it was incredible and exceeded every expectation he had. It's challenging Nemesis as his current top coaster, but there's still the rest of the trip to go!

Also, for anyone who says it was a stupid move by the park, the two rides are NOTHING alike and they look amazing together on the skyline. So impressed.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^Nice. Who all went with you?

Also, I can't wait to ride it when I'm there. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything in for the one day I get to go. If you can sit anywhere aim for the front?

Yah, front is definitely better than anywhere else, so sit there. There's a massive difference even between front and second row. You don't really get to choose, but if you ask the ride ops they will usually let you go where you want. Also, I recommend a fast pass :p .

It was me, Ciall, Jerry, and Jaymes (who is not a member of CF but is amaazing <3 He will be a future member, haha).

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm actually really glad to hear that, I love being proved wrong with stuff like this, it's great when it's BETTER than what people think rather than being far worse.

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
I think the hills on this look decievingly airless from offride, but will probably produce good airtime. So for those who have been on it, how good is the airtime, and what type is it?

reddude333

Giga Poster
Perhaps this is a sign of more B&M "HyperGigas" :p to come. I'd love to see some varying layouts with this height and speed!

And by sign I mean the good reception of the ride since I realize that term was perhaps used inappropriately.

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
There`s actually both ejector and floater. The floater is on the two camel backs, and the ejector is on the first high-speed curve. Unfortunately, the ejector quickly dies when the track banks, but it does produce head chopper.