What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, I suspected that B&M would manage to somehow make flying over a bunny hill at 80 mph void of ejector. Haha! Well, it doesn't make much of a difference to me; I think it looks fantastic regardless.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Lol <3

As to the comment about B&M ONLY doing Floater, if a park wanted an investment from B&M, but specifically wanted Ejector airtime on several of it's hills, would they just flat out refuse to do it? I, personally, don't think so? I'm genuinely asking this as a question.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be honest Lofty, if a park wanted a bit powerful airtime monster they probably wouldn't look at B&M. That's not to say B&M might not do one, but it's not the reputation they have meaning they're unlikely to be approached in the first place.

It'd a bit like going to the Red Bull F1 team and asking them to build a family road car. The engineering know-how is there, and they would if someone paid them enough, but no-one is going to approach them in the first place. If that analogy makes sense...? :p

Lofty

CF Legend
No, it totally makes sense, and I knew that anyway, my point was kind if just saying that it's not impossible for B&M to ever do something with strong airtime, that's all. It's obvious that if a park wanted total Ejector, they'd go for something along the lines of an Intamin Mega etc.

tepr

Roller Poster
Well, Behemoth has ejector (though only in the front rows), so not only can B&M do it, but they have it in the very same park! It's not as strong or as violent as Intamin ejector by any means, but it was definitely more than floater when I rode it.

michaellll

Mega Poster
^

I wish UC was around at the moment to see this post. I vividly remember him saying that the drawn out hill would have none :3

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:
^ Lol <3

As to the comment about B&M ONLY doing Floater, if a park wanted an investment from B&M, but specifically wanted Ejector airtime on several of it's hills, would they just flat out refuse to do it? I, personally, don't think so? I'm genuinely asking this as a question.

If you go and ask B&M to build a coaster with more ejector airtime, they will probably tell that that's what they are doing, and that there is airtime on the hyper coasters they build.

Same thing if you ask them to build an intense looper for you, they will tell you that all their ride's are intense.
It's not like they sit around and think that they build coasters less intense than other manufacturers, it's just the way they have evolved during the last 10 years. They now focus on building big coasters that are less intense than the older ones, but still intense, and friendly and enjoyable for every guest. They don't sit and think that they don't build rides as intense as they used to do.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I would imagine that if a park is willing to spend around €25m on a new coaster, they would send some people from the park to go try out some potential new coasters. For arguments sake, I would imagine some people from Port Aventura went Europa to ride Silver Star, and then said, "we want one".

andrus

Giga Poster
^I can't remeber his name but I think it was the person formerly responsible for the shows at Europa Park, now at Port Aventura, that had a lot to say in the choice of Shambhala. I know Silver Star was a real hit for EP and this person was convinced that a new B&M hyper tallest in europe would do the same for PA!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Taylor's correct about the airtime & I was just as surprised by it as everyone else.
I've got my X-Flight trip report to finish & post, then I'll post a Leviathan trip report with more details.
For now I'll just state that the coaster has both floater (on the massive hills) & full-on ejector (on the "speed hill").
Here's a little something something to hold you over until then. Just listen to the riders reactions at the end of each ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ASWKwQwzE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkRR9kvdZ8[/youtube]

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Did I here that you guys grayed out on that drop ?

I still have yet to ride this and its killing me. I've been working way too much :/