What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

^ Yah but there are other rides that aren't completely killed by trims, like Behemoth for example.

I like the logo itself, and the eyes with the track in the back, but I hate the green stuff. It looks like something I would make and that's not a good thing.

But yah, totally agree with Furie. Complaints regarding business decisions for putting it at Wonderland, but as for the ride, it looks decent.

Ethan

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
Based off Diamondback and Raging Bull (the only two B&M hypers I have been on) the train will nearly be stopped by the trim, so that is where I am coming from with that.

To be fair, there are probably the worst B&M Hypers in terms of trimming though, so if you rode Behemoth:
1) You would have ridden Leviathan already :p
And 2) You may have had a better experience.

Snoo

The Legend

^But Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, and Intimidator.. including Raging Bull and Diamondback .. are affected from kinda to drastically by the trims. And thats not even counting Silver Star.. the legend of trim.

Josh73

Giga Poster

1. What are MCBRs?
2. I thought that it was too mush like Behemouth, but then I saw the POV. This looks amazing! I love how it interacts with Dragon Fire so you can really see how tall it is.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Josh73 said:
1. What are MCBRs?
2. I thought that it was too mush like Behemouth, but then I saw the POV. This looks amazing! I love how it interacts with Dragon Fire so you can really see how tall it is.

Mid course brake run. They are sometimes used as block brakes or trims.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

tomahawKSU said:
Based off Diamondback and Raging Bull (the only two B&M hypers I have been on) the train will nearly be stopped by the trim, so that is where I am coming from with that.

I only ever rode Diamondback during the Haunt, so they probably dont care to engage the trim. The only other Hyper I rode was Goliath at SFOG. That ride is a BEAST! You cant base a new ride that has barely started construction on rides that have been previously built.

On another note, I thought this had a drop height of 315 feet, hence the trench.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ Good point I forgot about that.

I hope the station is actually themed!

Snoo

The Legend

You cant base a new ride that has barely started construction on rides that have been previously built.

Yes.. you can? You know.. unless the ride is a totally new design.. and the fact that B&M doesn't change.. at all.. you can base this ride off of every B&M Hyper in existence.

marc

CF Legend

furie said:
Yep, things everyone agrees on:

1) It's superb to see a B&M over 300 foot.
2) It's great to see another Giga-Coaster.
3) It'll be just as good as, if not better than, Behemoth.
4) At (almost) any other park this would be an exciting new build.
5) The logo and artistic type media is dreadful.

I doubt anyone disagrees with more than one item on that list. Complaints about where it's going are very different to views of the actual ride. Please don't confuse negativity towards placement as negativity of the ride itself.

Well said, same views as me.

michaellll

Mega Poster

Great looking coaster. Just seems odd that they put it up there in Canada...

I'm still going to be excited to see this built, and excited to eventually ride it. I just feel like putting in a different coaster type would have rounded out the park better.

Like, at the moment I'm imagining a floorless use the same area, and in my mind, I'd prefer the floorless.

steel

Mega Poster

Snoo said:
You cant base a new ride that has barely started construction on rides that have been previously built.

Yes.. you can? You know.. unless the ride is a totally new design.. and the fact that B&M doesn't change.. at all.. you can base this ride off of every B&M Hyper in existence.
But it is nothing like their other stuff. It looks sort of similar because that's just how all B&Ms look, but there are huge differences. The tiny hill after the first overbank stands out. When has B&M ever done anything like that? "Every B&M Hyper in existence" has hill after hill after hill and Leviathan has an even mix of hills and curves, with some low-to-the-ground speed stuff thrown in.
But even so, your claim that you CAN judge a ride based on its predecessors is ridiculous. Intimidator and Diamondback are two similar-looking B&M hypers that ride vastly differently. Intimidator's transitions are much wilder, and the airtime over a few of its hills has more ejector quality than anything on Diamondback.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

Snoo said:

Then that is basically basing an opinion of a ride based off of a POV, which doesnt work at all. I agree that you can, but it is only to a finite degree. Behemoth supposedly rides different than the rest of the B&M Hyper, but based off of a possible lame ride that doesnt give you the forces you have made yourself expect, based off of other rides, you can immediately call "ride is ****"? I cant agree with that whole heartedly.

michaellll

Mega Poster

Are lower, long drawn out curves new to the hyper* experience: yes.

Are they really that unique and mindblowing? no, not so much.

*Since the ride types are so similar and this is the first giga, we can obviously only compare to hypers. That's why that was said.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

Great looking coaster. Just seems odd that they put it up there in Canada...

I beg your pardon? I believe it's a theme parks "first mistake" in Canada. If anything, think of Leviathan and Behemoth this way, Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. Both in the same park, both a different experience (somewhat).

So, I stand incorrect. It was in fact the manufacturer's first Giga. It's a nice coaster and all, but like I said.. It's pointless ($26M down the drain for Behemoth). Nonetheless, this will in fact draw a lot of attention from popular parks below and will be the center of attention for B&M along with wingriders. The only point I would find excrutiatingly painful to the only other theme park in Canada is La Ronde (sadly, owned by Six Flags). Six Flags happily gave them a really bad SLC Vekoma for their anniversary. Some joke. If Behemoth had not only upped the stakes in records, Leviathan surpasses it just to make sure no one even dares to make another copy (cough, La Ronde). This will be a unique ride in the world, and I believe, the 300 foot mark will literally make the difference between Nitro and this one. So, proudly, Leviathan is B&M's tallest, fastest and most probably longest rollercoaster. Funny thing I noticed, the logo reminds me A LOT of the Vermont Lake Monsters and the logo was ripped off of a hockey team in Quebec. Anyway.. carrying on.

train.png

Getting to the trains, they look exactly like B&M's old trains, which is a disappointment. It would always be nice to see something different, especially from B&M. This titan, is probably going to tower over the park and be seen very far away. Congratulations Wonderland! You have outdone yourself, again, for the second time..

Now, off to La Ronde!

bob_3_

Giga Poster

I have mix feelings.

I'm REALLY excited that B&M are branching out over the 300ft mark.

But yeah, it's in the wrong park.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ok...how is this in the wrong park? Which cedar fair park would you prefer it in?

Note that KBF has a rumored ride install this year...

Snoo

The Legend

^Look across the park.. Behemoth? Wrong park. Shoulda got an accelerator IMO. But thats me.

steel said:
Snoo said:

But it is nothing like their other stuff. It looks sort of similar because that's just how all B&Ms look, but there are huge differences. The tiny hill after the first overbank stands out. When has B&M ever done anything like that? "Every B&M Hyper in existence" has hill after hill after hill and Leviathan has an even mix of hills and curves, with some low-to-the-ground speed stuff thrown in.
But even so, your claim that you CAN judge a ride based on its predecessors is ridiculous. Intimidator and Diamondback are two similar-looking B&M hypers that ride vastly differently. Intimidator's transitions are much wilder, and the airtime over a few of its hills has more ejector quality than anything on Diamondback.

Raging Bull? Hollywood Dream?

And your claim that Intimidator has ANY sort of airtime is ludicrous. It.. well.. how should I put it.. 'sucked.' Even for a B&M Hyper it was terrible.. meanwhile DBack offers some great G's, unique views, and at LEAST a watersplash to entertain you.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Has anyone noticed that there's a long, tall section of flat track at the end of the layout? I know these are meant to be brakes but isn't this a bit over the top?

Hmm, I noticed that. The brake run is really high up, yet horizontal, followed by a slope down. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have an extra hill or something, then a slanted brake run?

Still, looks good.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ Cedar Point, look across the park. Your argument has been deemed invalid.

The only beef you have with this is that it is the same Manufacturer. Behemoth is like Magnum and Leviathan is like Millennium Force. One has hills, the other has layout. You honestly need to stop using the "too similar" argument when Millennium offers the same **** thing as Magnum, just on a much taller scale and different layout.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Im really excited about this one b/c i live so close to the park but its too much like Behemoth to standout in the park. Its great that B&M and wonderland are breaking their own records but i was hoping for a coaster with more inversions or maybe even something over 400ft; with a launch. I was a little disappointed. On the other hand it will put Wonderland on the "To visit" List of many coaster freaks. I hope wonderland tries to beat the record for most coasters in a theme park. I Believe with this addition they will be only 2 away.