What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Alpenfury | Premier Rides Launch Coaster | 2025

Liking the look of this, however as said above I do think it might feel a little repetitive with all of those roll-style inversions. Still, cool to see Premier take on such a project!

Am I the only one seeing some sort of inverted version of Fury 325's Treble Clef in the 3rd inversion? The 4/5 element reminds me of the Corner Stall thingy on Untamed at Walibi Holland as well

This thing looks fabulous and dare I say, not slow at all. Fantastic layout, great pace, lots of inversions. I love it!

I like it.

I'm not a fan of a launch which is basically designed to take you to the main launch, but I understand the reasoning behind it (space, gimmick, etc). But yeah, I just find that a bit...ehh

On the topic of it being roll after roll after roll. Yes, that's true. But those rolls are good. Sure, there's the old adage of "too much of a good thing is bad for you". But equally, doing the same good thing over and over again (with slight variations) isn't something I'm going to complain about.

I get the comments on the rolls feeling a bit repetitive, but if this can maintain its speed it's gonna feel relentless in such a fun thrilling way. I couldn't see much dead space, if any, with the exception of the first launch which goes into the main launch.

I do NOT intend for this comment to break out the chart. But from looking at the banking in the POV and comparing it to the horizon, it looks like the first element is banked at around 105° at the apex. You'll be floating through the top of it, but more sideways than upside-down IMO. I think the track 'unwraps' enough for me to consider it as 2 inversions. Definitely not as clear & obvious as a fully inverted tophat, though.

Alright there remains a rumor rattle that this coaster was meant to be a dueling coaster. Is there any truth to this, or just the Dippin Dots guy back up to his old antics?

Alright there remains a rumor rattle that this coaster was meant to be a dueling coaster. Is there any truth to this, or just the Dippin Dots guy back up to his old antics?
My take? That's absolute nonsense, this was never going to duel. Some people came up with the theory because of the marketing colors; ice vs fire etc. And when rumors circulated that this project was going to be Premier, I think some people jumped to the "West Coast Racers" conclusion, but there's never been anything to suggest the park was going in that direction. Just a narrative built off wrong assumptions :V

I think any park would be lucky to get a coaster like this. I love the interaction throughout the park, kind of takes a tour around the area.

But I will say...can we get some variety as far as the inversion are concerned? Maybe a vertical loop for chrissake? I mean the roll inversions are fine, but 7 of them, over and over, one after the other?

A bit confused about the use of the collars from Premier. If Full Throttle doesn't need them, where you literally hang upside down to the point where it almost feels like the train is stopping, why would any Premier ride need them?

I think any park would be lucky to get a coaster like this. I love the interaction throughout the park, kind of takes a tour around the area.

But I will say...can we get some variety as far as the inversion are concerned? Maybe a vertical loop for chrissake? I mean the roll inversions are fine, but 7 of them, over and over, one after the other?

A bit confused about the use of the collars from Premier. If Full Throttle doesn't need them, where you literally hang upside down to the point where it almost feels like the train is stopping, why would any Premier ride need them?
I'm still wondering why Ice Breaker needed them but apparently this doesn't. Like that coaster never goes upside down once lol

I mean the roll inversions are fine, but 7 of them, over and over, one after the other?
I've heard this complaint a bunch now, personally I'm fine with it.

Yukon Striker is our last huge new coaster and focuses on vertical inversions. Out of four of them it literally has two Immelmanns and a vertical loop. That's not to say it suffers from lack of variety, but I like to joke that part of it looks/feels like some giant beefed up Eurofighter.

It also comes down to the space available. Yukon Striker had to squeeze a lot of very large coaster elements into tight plots, while AlpenCoaster has to stretch everything from point A to B and back. I suspect it was a choice between the pacing or the need for another launch section to speed things up, something that a loop or Immelmann would have necessitated. It also had limited ground level space available for a pullout from any vertically based inversion, so there's that. Airtime can accomplish the same thing, but CW definitely isn't lacking in that department.

Yea they could have put something a dive loop/helix on the Skycoaster site, which was perhaps pitched at one point, but it wouldn't have been as efficient or visually appealing, and instead an element was designed that uses that space more evenly.

I've heard this complaint a bunch now, personally I'm fine with it.

Yukon Striker is out last huge new coaster and focuses on vertical inversions. Out of four of them it literally has two Immelmanns and a vertical loop. That's not to say it suffers from lack of variety, but I like to joke that part of it looks/feels like some giant beefed up Eurofighter.

It also comes down to the space available. Yukon Striker had to squeeze a lot of very large coaster elements into tight plots, while AlpenCoaster has to stretch everything from one very large plot of land to another. I suspect it was a choice between the pacing or the need for another launch section to speed things up, something that a loop or Immelmann would have necessitated. It also had limited ground level space available for a pullout from any vertically based inversion, so there's that. Airtime can accomplish the same thing, but CW definitely isn't lacking in that department.

Yea they could have put something a dive loop/helix on the Skycoaster site, which was perhaps pitched at one point, but it wouldn't have been as efficient or visually appealing, and instead an element was designed that uses that space more evenly.
I mean, the turnaround is kind of a drawn out messed up immelmann. It's definitely not a basic roll like the rest of the inversions after it are.

Comfort collars aren't really a safety mechanism. They're cosmetic. They make riders feel safer. Ironically, they also make the rides physically uncomfortable for many.

I've never been to the park. I don't know anything about it. But I can see three roller coasters, soon to be four, interacting with the concrete "mountain". From an outsider's perspective, surely the park's version of the Disney Castle is going to look a bit over-crowded right? The mountain structure is ugly enough as it is. Maybe a renovation of the existing "mountain" would have benefited this awesome looking new ride.

I've never been to the park. I don't know anything about it. But I can see three roller coasters, soon to be four, interacting with the concrete "mountain". From an outsider's perspective, surely the park's version of the Disney Castle is going to look a bit over-crowded right? The mountain structure is ugly enough as it is. Maybe a renovation of the existing "mountain" would have benefited this awesome looking new ride.
Not really. Only certain small sections of the coasters are outside the mountain, and Alpenfury will be the only one visible from the main viewpoint (the front entrance). It's a lot less crowded than you'd think. The mountain is also the most iconic thing in the park, messing with it would annoy a lot of the local visitors AND shut down the mountain and multiple attractions for months.

Not really. Only certain small sections of the coasters are outside the mountain, and Alpenfury will be the only one visible from the main viewpoint (the front entrance). It's a lot less crowded than you'd think. The mountain is also the most iconic thing in the park, messing with it would annoy a lot of the local visitors AND shut down the mountain and multiple attractions for months.
Good to hear, maybe it won’t be such an eyesore then

Visited CW yesterday for the first time since May, AlpenFury radiates all over the park right now. Picked up a new shirt, just doesn’t feel real.
CD328583-97C3-49DD-B791-3129E577C1F1.jpeg
77074321-CDBA-440E-92AD-80C7F015C20C.jpeg
1FE0956C-4A7F-4916-8A60-568580AE91AF.jpeg

This view will look VERY different next season, all these trees at the side of the mountain are going to go;
252B9693-A195-4A16-87D1-077E25A34E1D.jpeg
2EF28AEE-1A5F-48A1-83B5-810E4BC314EF.jpeg

So far no survey markings, tree clearing, or footer drilling happening outside of International Festival right now. Construction still has a very long way to go.