What's new
There could be a Falcon's Fury type tower (not an exact clone)!! But a similar type maybe...with a full backstory relating to Oktoberfest. Or a Star Flyer with an Oktoberfest themed story

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
It's a safe bet that this is for a star flyer in my opinion. I doubt Mach Tower would be replaced this early in its lifespan, even considering that its opening was delayed a bit according to Wikipedia.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
So a 215 foot star flyer?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pretty much. There'd still be some beautiful views, as when you get to the top of Griffon's lift you can see the Atlantic Ocean, the Busch beer factory and Virginia coastline in the distance.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
What's wrong with Falcon's Fury? One of my favourite ever rides.
It's not very interesting aside from the view before you tilt facing down... and the drop itself is extremely lackluster as far as a drop tower is concerned. I'll ride it but only if it has a short line, probably done it 20 times since it opened.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Pretty much. There'd still be some beautiful views, as when you get to the top of Griffon's lift you can see the Atlantic Ocean, the Busch beer factory and Virginia coastline in the distance.
They won't ever beat the views one would get at Seabreeze though :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I bet the 'lattice' reference is due to a local planning thing. Probably harks back to some TV/radio antenna installed in the 50s that they had to get through planning and that was their tactic. BGW just playing their cards right.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
When I hear slender, spire and lattice, it just makes me think of a starflyer.
flyer7.jpg

(Image from funtime's website)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Indeed, it's actually a very fitting description of a Star Flyer (or Drop Tower).

I was particularly meaning the bit in the tweet where they say BGW have used this term a lot. Makes me think they almost have to to get it through.