What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
On the face of it, that seems like it might be a bit too soon given we’ve only just seen a full test run, but I guess stranger things have happened in the theme park industry; I guess we’ll just have to watch this space and see if it does open soon!
Yeah, I know. That was just me clutching at the last straws of hope that it might be open by the time I go. I guess there’s always this summer 😐

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looking absolutely amazing; some brilliant looking airtime and hangtime in there!

On the face of it, that seems like it might be a bit too soon given we’ve only just seen a full test run, but I guess stranger things have happened in the theme park industry; I guess we’ll just have to watch this space and see if it does open soon!
You really do take everyone absolutely literally and seriously don't you. Do you not think he's fully aware the coaster won't be ready in 4 days?

Matt N

CF Legend
You really do take everyone absolutely literally and seriously don't you. Do you not think he's fully aware the coaster won't be ready in 4 days?
I’m sorry... due in part to me being autistic, my sarcasm detection skills aren’t great.

I do sincerely apologise for my poor sarcasm detection skills, but I don’t personally think 4 days is completely unattainable, even though it is incredibly, incredibly optimistic. Remember, we’ve had rides like Zadra that hadn’t even had the track completed less than a week before opening! Stranger things have happened in the coaster industry than this ride opening 4 days after its first test run, for sure, even though it does seem incredibly unlikely to me.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I’m sorry... due in part to me being autistic, my sarcasm detection skills aren’t great.

I do sincerely apologise for my poor sarcasm detection skills, but I don’t personally think 4 days is completely unattainable, even though it is incredibly, incredibly optimistic. Remember, we’ve had rides like Zadra that hadn’t even had the track completed less than a week before opening! Stranger things have happened in the coaster industry than this ride opening 4 days after its first test run, for sure, even though it does seem incredibly unlikely to me.
In that case I apologize because I wasn't aware of this, so it's really not your fault. Don't apologize for something that's out of your control, I should have been a little less thoughtless. It's definitely easier to detect sarcasm in people's speech than it is over text, that being said if someone says something that sounds strange or out of the blue and they probably know otherwise, it's likely sarcasm.

That launch airtime hill looks savage!
You're damn right it does. Makes the one on CHS look a bit babyish.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I can’t wait to see launched airtime hills hopefully become more common; with a forceful launch like Intamin’s tend to be combined with high speeds, I can imagine them producing some exquisite negative g-forces!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
To be fair, a better launched hill than CHS isn't exactly a big achievement, I think I've gone faster over hills on a bike XD
That said, my goodness yesssss. I was afraid maybe I was overhyping Pantheon but this thing looks sick.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ride to Happiness might have something to say about that.
Let's be real, it's not got much more than a quiet "hello" from the corner compared to this.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, but Mack have yet to create any launch that is even half what these Intamin LSMs do. Ride to Happiness won't change that. :p

Ries

Mega Poster
Ok this thing is running illegally fast:-

Why isn't Veloci running like this...

Agree.
When I first saw the construction photos of Pantheon, I was like, meh. Half way multi launch section. That spike backwards though.
I actually now think, the coaster is incredible form the video's. Smack some massive theming on this one and you have a top 10 coaster, for sure. Some great elements to experience here.

Matt N

CF Legend
I certainly think this coaster seems to have been overlooked somewhat compared to the usual suspects opening in 2021 (Velocicoaster, Kondaa, Ride to Happiness, Iron Gwazi et al); I haven’t really heard an awful lot about it since the announcement, to be honest, and I kind of forgot it was being built until these recent videos!

As such, think it could really surprise people when they eventually get to ride it!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think it just feels really short? Like it’s got all that space, it’s so spread out, they just doesn’t utilise the space much. Top hat, airtime hill, stall, finish.
While I agree that it would be nicer if it were longer, I can't really find any weaker moments on the ride like I can in Veloci's first half. I think I'd happily sacrifice length in favour of the whole thing to be balls to the wall. That's just my opinion however.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean, the first half of this one is hardly better...
I mean, I like the look of the Zero-G winder and outer banked hills, they looked to be taken at a somewhat decent speed. But Veloci seems to be slow in a couple of bits, especially just before the second launch, mainly because of the long length of the train and the compactness of the first half.

Last edited:

Projektion

Mega Poster
The final pass over the launch looks amazing, but I'm waiting to see how the first 2 affect the ride and whether it could hurt the pacing.
The rest of the ride and elements look phenomenal, if a little short, I'm just not entirely convinced on the mid course triple launches yet. I still think it would have been better ride if it was just kept as a traditional multi-launch and extended the ride by a couple more elements.

Last edited:

juicy

Roller Poster
Let's be real, it's not got much more than a quiet "hello" from the corner compared to this.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great, but Mack have yet to create any launch that is even half what these Intamin LSMs do. Ride to Happiness won't change that. :p
Mack does not create launches. intrasys provides the launches for Mack,gerstlauer and also other ride manufacturers.