What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It won't be a giga. SeaWorld won't have the money to spend.

If they believe (and can show with calculations) that it will increase visitor numbers and/or justify a gate price hike, thus increasing their income (and they have the calculations to back it up with), it wouldn't be too hard for them to get a loan. A Giga coaster is an expensive construction, indeed, but less so than, say, a mid-size office building or a large-ish hotel. Property developers take up loans for investments all the time.

CoasterFanobx

Roller Poster
It won't be a giga. SeaWorld won't have the money to spend.

That just sounds like marketing speak to me. It's not like they're going to say "This ride should bring in a handful more visitors from the Williamsburg township", are they? ;)

I mean, that's not to say it won't be something world class, but I don't see that as any sort of confirmation.
By a 5-0 vote, supervisors granted the waiver to allow Busch Gardens to construct a lattice-style attraction of up to 315 feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
But I thought star flyers and the likes were soooo 2010. They would be really late for the party.

I hope it's a cross-river Giga and is themed to Spain's financial crash and siesta.

theChainLift

Roller Poster
Oh how I wish it was a Giga! Sounds like a Star Flyer. I mean there fun but definitely will not bring people from all over the world....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Meh. Darkastle was s**te.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Sad to see one of the US' best themed dark rides go. Still the worst example of that type of dark ride anywhere in the world and pretty lame as dark rides go but, you know, sad for the US. ;p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, glad I'm not the only one.

The theming was great, really impressive, but the ride was just a bit poo. I was expecting so much more after I'd heard all the hype...

Offical_Pitchnoir

Roller Poster
Not too sure if this has been posted yet or not, and if it has please delete merge or what have you.

The park is closing it and replacing it with essentially nothing ( a special events venue)

A quote from the park;
We thought we'd say goodbye to Curse of DarKastle with this final ride (digitally of course). The ride building will transform into a special events venue starting this year. While the ride maintained a loyal following over the last 13 years, we will be able to now offer new & exciting opportunities for Howl-O-Scream, Christmas Town & other events. With that said, we want you to choose the name for the new event space. Which would you prefer: Gartensburg Castle, NewKastle or Oktoberfest Palaste? Comment below with your choice from these 3 (only 1 vote per person)... poll ends Jan. 26 at noon.

A farewell vid taken from Busch's fb page:

Pear

Strata Poster
I'll miss this ride but I'm excited for whatever future developments this park has in store!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Merged with existing, possibly insufficiently titled thread, and edited the thread title.

Pear

Strata Poster
Little preview

image0.jpg