What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2017

Temleh said:
I spoke to Morgan Thompson about Project 2017 today. He nervously denied all knowledge of it. Bare in mind, it was his Freelander which had the wheel cover on! ;)

He'll know everything about it for sure but he's simply doing his duty and not saying anything until its allowed.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
Something where the Monorail used to be as the station perhaps? We were all pretty shocked at the Live when we realised what was missing up there :lol:

If we are lucky enough that the Grand Prix is removed as well, it may open up enough space for a huge development starting up where the Monorail station used to be. Pleasure Beach have a huge amount of space available to them if they have the money to do something amazing, it doesn't take a genius to work out that the bridge coming down between Avalanche and Dipper opens up a lot more room to them as well, it wouldn't take much for them to rebuild the walk ways once the new ride was in place.

It'll be interesting to see if Project 2017 ever actually happens, I have my doubts about it at the moment and will believe something is going to happen when a press release comes through by email as it did with Skyforce, until then it's hard to believe any of the rumours coming out of the park as so many of them have been heard before.

Dan1989

Mega Poster

It's going to be the old Wild Mouse of South Pier. =)

DelPiero

Strata Poster

This popped up a while back, which includes Nick Thompson being interviewed, near the end of the interview (49 mins onwards)he is asked what to expect in the next 12 months.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3809057-blootalk-episode-2-blackpool-special?utm_source=hootsuite

"We are doing more infastructure next year"
"We are planning a new ride at the moment but unfortunately we can't build that in one year because it's a huge project"
"We are starting it at the end of the season but it will take over 18 months to build"
"It will hopefully be one of the most exciting rides in the world"

Apparently some of it's going where the Tom Sawyer boat ride was, but random people are speculating it will be a lot larger than just that area.
The last comment above at least gives some hope that it won't be a bog standard skyloop, or any off the shelf model.

Edit: **** you Chris :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

O. M. G.

Fountain: The Ride!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

http://www.screamscape.com/html/blackpo ... _beach.htm

Rumour on Screamscape says mack launched coaster (!)

"2017 - Project 2017 - Rumor - (12/11/15) The latest rumor about adding a new coaster to Blackpool Pleasure Beach claims that the project may be looking to start vertical construction by October 2016, and open in time for May 2017. Meanwhile, I'm told that some early ground prep work for the ride may have already begin in the Tom Sawyer lake, and other site prep work may happen through to August 2016, including the removal of the Tom Sawyer bridge at the end of the 2016 summerseason. 
    From the sounds of things the new coaster, rumored to be from Mack Rides, will be a launched coaster with the station of the site of the Grand Prix station, with a rumored length of 1200 meters, and a 90 second ride time. The construction of it will see the closure of  two attractions in Sept. 2016 and a third to close temporarily just after Halloween."

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat

I'll take it! :)
I know we're still well and truly in 'rumour' territory here... but yay! What a rumour! I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me.
Even if it turns out to be total bollocks, just having a rumour of a decent new coaster is more than us Brits have had in a verrrry long time. Even better that it's not in a Merlin park.

I'm officially excited!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It's great to hear from the second in command that it will be something big.

Let's hope Mrs Thompson's love of Mack and Europa Park does lead to a Mack launch coaster.

And for the sake of it, let's all marvel at the fabulous Mrs T in this video. Her amazing cameo is at 02:08. Tbh, I think this tops "John! That is a new machine!"
https://www.facebook.com/IAAPAEMEA/vide ... 5032749822

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

The Tom Sawer bridge and Coasters restaurant are both being removed for next season so that opens up a massive area.
In fact I had one of the last meals in Coasters this year on the last day of the season.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Howie said:
I'll take it! :)
I know we're still well and truly in 'rumour' territory here... but yay! What a rumour! I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me.
Even if it turns out to be total bollocks, just having a rumour of a decent new coaster is more than us Brits have had in a verrrry long time. Even better that it's not in a Merlin park.

I'm officially excited!
Yeah it's good to bask in the thought for a while either way! I feel like there could be some truth in it so fingers crossed.

With this and a potential new cred/ride at pwh (which I'm also being optimistic about) things have started to look up in the last few days!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Ooh 1200 meters (~4000ft) is pretty long. If it's true, it certainly has a lot of potential enhancing the parks kinetic landscape like Helix did.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Didn't an enthusiast a while ago build a mack in no limits that would fit at blackpool, tweeted it at Amanda and got her to respond? That was a thing.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Presumably the temporary closure will be either the PBE or Big Dipper? I'd say probably the PBE, as that goes round the perimeter of the lake.

Martyn B

CF Legend

There are pics on TowersStreet showing the Tom Sawyer bridge coming down already!

elephant58

Hyper Poster

I'm really glad that it looks like this has been brought forward again to 2017, hopefully it will nicely rival whatever's being built at Alton or Chessington.

And yeah, obviously it's great news that it's going to be something big, we won't have had a big new ride like that in 17 years.

Lofty

CF Legend

Joey said:
Didn't an enthusiast a while ago build a mack in no limits that would fit at blackpool, tweeted it at Amanda and got her to respond? That was a thing.
This one?
3E8F5BD8-9780-4DDE-85C5-56321458EB82_zpsxhcpwmm7.jpg

69D3670B-F814-4A8A-B13B-80BBC6173D2C_zpsgdnaegvf.jpg

10403762_806145366065349_1981207689741292169_o.jpg

10348919_821564874523398_8285397633455507833_o.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, it's the same guy, the video had been removed from FB it seems :(

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Does that layout involve getting rid of the Pleasure Beach Express or just sharing a tunnel? I hope the train stays.