What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
I think the vr would have been used for a PoV demo nothing more! What you will see as you twist and turn around this incredible layout is what will make this ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temleh

Mega Poster
Just a couple of things...

The trains will feature a light package and on-ride audio.
Also, I too do not believe the 80kph figure. All the concept videos showed 100kph. "+100kph" is even spray painted on the ground at the start of where Launch 1 will be. I believe in a few months time we will see another announcement for the name, theme and improved top speed.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Temleh said:

Also, I too do not believe the 80kph figure. All the concept videos showed 100kph. "+100kph" is even spray painted on the ground at the start of where Launch 1 will be. I believe in a few months time we will see another announcement for the name, theme and improved top speed.

Not that I have any reason to not believe you you but why would they announce the ride with a slower speed than they plan to deliver?

Jared

Hyper Poster
It looks like the love child of Taron and Helix. I love the look of it, but like most have said I am underwhelmed by the animation. That said, you can't truly judge a ride until you've been on it.

Temleh

Mega Poster
airtime_uk_ash said:
Temleh said:

Not that I have any reason to not believe you you but why would they announce the ride with a slower speed than they plan to deliver?

To create another burst of excitement when they announce they've "made it even faster".

...That, or they've just lowered the intended speed to reduce running costs which is also very likely.

davidm

Strata Poster
Watched that POV a couple of times now and I think I like it more each time I watch it - and I liked it a lot the first time I watched it.

Tunnels : got the feeling that these might be out in that steeplechase/big dipper section, it goes over steeplechase and then under/through Dipper a couple of times, so they are going to have dig a hole in the Dipper supports one would think ; prime (short) tunnel location perhaps?

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
I would love to see the first tunnel shortly after the first launch so the first thing you see as you fly out of it is the ascent airtime hill in front of you

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'm not going through this whole topic but judging by who pleasure Beach follow on Twitter looks like we might be getting a snazzy microsite for MMXVIII courtesy of the enhanced tech and web building solutions Go Daddy offers :lol:

Robbie

Hyper Poster
At least one of the tunnels is an existing one for the steam train, isn't it? I'm sure I read they're adjusting the track to fit it in.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Saw on PBE that the two tunnels are at the end of the first launch and the start of the second launch, under the exit shop.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Anyone know if parks get any input on the launch speed once the project has been handed over? Like is it something the engineers can variate by say 10mph to account for winds / weather conditions? I know stealth is based on a 3 shot average and is readjusted after every 3 launches, dunno if the macks are similar?

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Robbie said:
At least one of the tunnels is an existing one for the steam train, isn't it? I'm sure I read they're adjusting the track to fit it in.

These are exceptionally small if this is pulled off its sure to be one of the best moments of the coaster

Sandman

Giga Poster
Yeah I don't think the PBE tunnels will be used, they are actually really small as pointed out previously. Also, reading some of the GP's comments on Facebook is highly frustrating.

'dis is just a flat ride wiv turns wers da big drop at??? y is dis ride not az big as da tower?'

This is why we can't have nice things. :wink:

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Chris Brown said:
Anyone know if parks get any input on the launch speed once the project has been handed over? Like is it something the engineers can variate by say 10mph to account for winds / weather conditions? I know stealth is based on a 3 shot average and is readjusted after every 3 launches, dunno if the macks are similar?

It's a different launch system this uses an lim/lsm magnetic launch although I'm not sure if this is variable

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Sandman said:
Yeah I don't think the PBE tunnels will be used, they are actually really small as pointed out previously. Also, reading some of the GP's comments on Facebook is highly frustrating.

'dis is just a flat ride wiv turns wers da big drop at??? y is dis ride not az big as da tower?'

This is why we can't have nice things. :wink:

I too have been pulling my hair out reading them. I found a video of it that went viral on the heart north west Facebook page and copy and pasted a comment on to every embarrassing comment to try and educate the mongs. Some are just truly atrocious! 'Y is dere only 1 spiral I bin to USA and they hav loads of hoops n spirals :/' 'dis ride is big un with no big drup looks crap not as gud as smiler that 1's 90 mph'

I can't bare to read them I genuinely find it distressing.

Smithy

Strata Poster
And this is why "world first" marketing does so well in this country, people are thick.

Even my local rag shared the pov video on Facebook, although the bulk of the comments are about how they won't go on it.

davidm

Strata Poster
Pierre said:
I'm not going through this whole topic but judging by who pleasure Beach follow on Twitter looks like we might be getting a snazzy microsite for MMXVIII courtesy of the enhanced tech and web building solutions Go Daddy offers :lol:
Just for naming rights ; "The GO DADDY Launch Coaster"

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
And this is why "world first" marketing does so well in this country, people are thick.

Even my local rag shared the pov video on Facebook, although the bulk of the comments are about how they won't go on it.
Is this par for course in the UK, or is this a reaction to the Smiler accident?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
This coaster is going to be an educational service to the British public. The people saying "why isnt dis taller den da Big one it looks borin" need to be taught a lesson, all they know is Merlin's "world firsts". They will get a taste of international quality which will demonstrate how the ride doesn't need to be too tall or fast, have the most 'loops' and it will show that otsrs are unnecessary on most looping coasters because I'm certain most Brits will think that they'll fall out without them.