What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

They could easily get some signs out on the construction fences at either end of the lake that show the new ride/area from that perspective

Digging started on new ride site.
Credit...
Club Pleasure Beach Experience

The excitement is building...

lo8dEDF.jpg

msZ2ba1.jpg

iYszjaI.jpg

2Cuo7Y5.jpg

52sNOaz.jpg

KQAaS6y.jpg

Z55yGhq.jpg

acCqgDa.jpg

On behalf of all those on team "not-in-the-know", let us rejoice in having this project reveal itself bit by bit before our eyes.

Judging by the layout and the POVs that have been created, I am thinking that this is a Mack Multi Launch Coaster that features spinning trains, like what was shown on Blue Fire at EP. I think this because the ride doesn't have many inversions, it is mostly twists and turns. It would make sense, because it would not only be a great fit for the park, it would be the first of its kind. If this is what it turns out to be, then thumbs up from me! :--D

^ I really don't think it will be in total honesty. Amanda loved Helix and having seen the proper layout myself (not just the ones leaked online), spinning doesn't 'fit' the layout whatsoever.

Are you talking about the layout online that has the white track and what people have posted on YouTube?

No, that's 'inspired' by the actual layout that's not in the public domain.

ATI said:
Judging by the layout and the POVs that have been created, I am thinking that this is a Mack Multi Launch Coaster that features spinning trains, like what was shown on Blue Fire at EP. I think this because the ride doesn't have many inversions, it is mostly twists and turns. It would make sense, because it would not only be a great fit for the park, it would be the first of its kind. If this is what it turns out to be, then thumbs up from me! :--D

This attraction will not feature spinning cars.

Temleh said:
ATI said:

This attraction will not feature spinning cars.

Thankfully! I think it'd be unrealistic to expect it to have spinning cars, and isn't that a gimmick that's been over used now?

For the first time (even after seeing leaked info!), I am getting excited about this project, probably because it's getting closer to when we can expect serious groundwork to begin. I think it's about time BPB started letting us know something is coming though, hints on Twitter aren't enough, time to have something in the area stating a new ride is coming!

Valhalla was being hinted at years before it happened, this project promises to be bigger and better than that and deserves to start having spoilers planted around the park about it IMO!

^Nope, it's a Mack. It's practically confirmed. Lots of members on here have seen the plans, which is a Mack Launched Coaster.

ATI said:
Do the actual plans use a white coloured track and 2 inversions?
The version I have seen doesn't have white track, can't for the life of me remember the no of inversions. I was too hung up on the gorgeous airtime this thing is going to give.