What's new

Best place for theme park enthusiasts?

^The public transport here is "good" compared to Canada or the USA. Compared to the rest of Western Europe, it's absolute sh*te.

My house!
Quality or quantity, it doesn't matter.
It's a 45 minute drive to Coney Island or Rye Playland; an hour to Great Adventure, Dorney Park or Quassy; 75 minutes to Lake Compounce; 90 minutes to SFNE, Knoebels, Hersheypark or Morey's Piers; 3 hours to SFAmerica or Great Escape; 4 hours to Kings Dominion; Canobie Lake, Darien Lake, Seabreeze or Lakemont Park; 5 hours to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kennywood, Martin's Fantasy Island, Funtown Splashtown USA; 6 hours to Canada's Wonderland, La Ronde, Waldameer or Marineland Theme Park & 7 hours to Cedar Point or Kings Island.
I don't need to mention all the smaller parks along the Jersey shore or in Pennsylvania that are 30-60 minutes away, do I?
I also live 20 minutes from Newark Airport, so getting to Florida, Texas, Cali or even Europe for that matter, is a breeze.
So yeah, the best place for theme park enthusiasts to live is somewhere near where I live in the western suburbs of New York City.

^
THIS.

I'm definitely hoping to move into that region at some point, because let me tell you guys, living in Florida your whole life can get extremely stale. Not only on the coaster front, but this is place is a geographical one trick pony. We have beaches......Anything else? Nope...

All I know is thank goodness for the new Fun Spot woodie <3

ECG said:
My house!
Quality or quantity, it doesn't matter.
It's a 45 minute drive to Coney Island or Rye Playland; an hour to Great Adventure, Dorney Park or Quassy; 75 minutes to Lake Compounce; 90 minutes to SFNE, Knoebels, Hersheypark or Morey's Piers; 3 hours to SFAmerica or Great Escape; 4 hours to Kings Dominion; Canobie Lake, Darien Lake, Seabreeze or Lakemont Park; 5 hours to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kennywood, Martin's Fantasy Island, Funtown Splashtown USA; 6 hours to Canada's Wonderland, La Ronde, Waldameer or Marineland Theme Park & 7 hours to Cedar Point or Kings Island.
I don't need to mention all the smaller parks along the Jersey shore or in Pennsylvania that are 30-60 minutes away, do I?
I also live 20 minutes from Newark Airport, so getting to Florida, Texas, Cali or even Europe for that matter, is a breeze.
So yeah, the best place for theme park enthusiasts to live is somewhere near where I live in the western suburbs of New York City.

Jesus Christ!! That`s insane!

I thought I had it reasonably good in the UK, only Oakwood is a pain to get to from where I live. But where you live, that's quality. Remind me of how much a house costs in western New York City? ;)

The downside of that is that every day you're not at a park you have to live in possibly the worst major city in the First World.

For the uk where we live could be good in a year.

We have Adventure Island a 5 minute walk away.

Thorpe, chessington and Legoland are 2 hours away. Alton is 4 hours away.

Now the airport is doing proper flights Spain is 2 hours away. This year we can also fly to the USA yes it means changing at Dublin but we can fly to Orlando, ny and more to be added. Bathe airport is a 10 minute cab drive away.