What's new

Best Operated Coasters

CoasterNate99

Roller Poster
Is that even possible? I would think that because of the block systems, that it would not be able to do that....
It is possible, but the train crawls up the lift very slowly until the next train clears the first set of brakes. It is next to impossible to run Banshee without stacking a train due to this block setup (however that doesn't stop the crew from being crazy efficient like they are).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Another vote here for Europa Park. I distinctly remember Silver Star just devouring queues like a hoover sucking up a piece of string, but Euro Mir and the Mine Train (whatever it's called) were pretty darn speedy too.
Also a shout out to Leviathan, 3 train operations even on a very quiet week day. Marvellous!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Europa is definitely the benchmark against which all other parks should be judged. Admittedly their major rides are designed for it, but they can get customers through their rides amazingly quickly. They put most other parks to shame.

S

SimonSays99

Well the best by far is OL at Oktoberfest - five trains with one train dispatching every 30 seconds. However the station guys at OL can get a little rough - ordering riders around like in the military... ;)

Aside from that I say Europa Park and Disney World / Land also have great operations. The other end are many - if not all US chain parks - their throughput mostly ruined by all the obsolete thumbs up stuff and endless jabbing over the speakers.

Agile Beast

Roller Poster
Every time I have visited a Disney park all the coasters seem to be in top form in terms of operations. I guess that should probably be expected though. I think what makes me more happy is when I don't expect to a ride to be operated properly, yet it is. I remember Nitro as SFGadv really surprising me, only stacking for a few seconds with 3 trains when I visited.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Is that the same American Eagle where, on busy days, they don't bother to open the second side until the afternoon? Yeah, no.