What's new

Best Operated Coasters

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I'm not talking about parks, but more specifically the individual coasters. Here are a few I can think of-

Gatekeeper. Holy flying **** the operations on this thing are incredible. I counted a 40 second dispatch, multiple times. Cedar Point has great operations all around but I thought this took it to a whole another level.
Raging Bull- for Six Flags, this thing is freaking quick, especially with 3 trains running. The lines moves so quick, good job Bull team.
Valravn- Brand new B&M at Cedar Point, not much else to say.
Also Iron Rattler was pretty freaking quick when I was there.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Mako seemed really great when I was there. Wait was always under 5 minutes, and 3 trains were always running. They seemed actually very dedicated. I remember Shambhala had this timer going that made the workers very fast and dedicated. Herschend coasters usually goes pretty quickly as well. American Thunder for some reason was a whole lot faster than Six Flags usually is.

However, nothing beats Disney operations for me. Every Disney coaster I've ridden has been fantastic with its operations, with the line always moving. The same can be said about Universal.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Adventureland had some really fast dispatches when I went. I counted 30 second dispatches.

+1 for Disney. Blazing fast operations.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Valravn- Brand new B&M at Cedar Point, not much else to say.
I would have to disagree with this.... both of my visits to the park over the summer all three trains would stack, constantly. I thought it had by far the worst dispatch cycle time of any ride I've ever come across at Cedar Point, maybe even any CF park (been to all but CGA...).

But I would have to say that California Screamin at California Adventure is pretty impressive running 5 trains and dual stations at maximum throughput.

Will

Strata Poster
Blue Fire, Wodan, Silver Star. Nobody does efficient operations quite like EP.

Olympia Looping in the evenings also deserves a mention, from what I've heard.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Pretty much anything in Europa Park or on German fairgrounds. Apart from Taron (running 4 trains with zero stacking), I don't think anything comes even close to it. Just amazing <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The only one I've seen recently that really impressed me was Fury. That must have been less than 30 seconds a dispatch. That was fairly remarkable and just goes to show how well a coaster can be operated.

Lofty

CF Legend
La Trace du Hourra springs to mind. When a train was nearing the top of the lift, another was at the bottom - it was obscene.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Everything in Europa Park and Gröna Lund are really well operated. Outside of those parks, Helix and Vogel Rok both have excellent operations.

nadroJ

CF Legend
All the DLP coasters, they just shove people through. Olympia Looping at WW is an absolute machine. I actually think Vampire has really good ops, the team always seem to go out of their way to dispatch ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olaf

Mega Poster
Blue fire... 5 trains 5 minute queue, if that's not overkill capacity I don't know what is

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Leviathan is the first one that comes to mind. Three trains, less than a minute per train (usually around 40-50 seconds). Disneyland Paris was amazing too, the Space Mountain operations were incredible.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Reading this and almost crying because most of my trips involve China.

Everyone goes on about Europa, but I honestly don't remember anything specific about the operations. I guess they must've been good though since a lot of the lines were really long and I don't think we waited beyond half an hour for anything.

Disney and Universal are the obvious choices as long as you ignore Hollywood RRR, which is piss-poor. That's down to the design of the thing though rather than the park/staff. Busch Tampa was great as well. The park was dead, but they were still running at least two trains on everything, making everything walk-on as opposed to the 10-minute queues which might have formed otherwise.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Fury 325 - For how big the trains are, good job.
Gatekeeper - My goodness, the staff is great.
And, I surprise one for me, Indiana Beach in general. For only having three staff per roller coaster, they were wicked fast. Granted, they only used 1 train, but that day wasn't busy enough to warrant more than that. (Barely holding 2 people in a seat row).

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I must jump on the "German fairs and Europa Park coasters" wagon as well.

Aside from that, I witnessed amazing operations at Knoebel's; I had never seen Knoebel's coasters running two trains and it was a sight to see; they literally had to wait with loaded trains because they could not dispatch faster on Phoenix (I worked out that their minimum interval is when the previous train was on the double-up). Flying Turns was also really efficiently operated considering how tricky it is to load.

And the star of any racing wooden coaster: Lightning Racer. That thing was seriously eating people like there was no tomorrow. I never saw a line longer than 15-minutes. They were dispatching as soon as the trains entered the brakes (not even the transfer track). Considering these GCI Millennium Flyers feature seatbelts, it was great seeing Hershey operate LR so well.

Yeah, I am obsessed with amazing operations (and I may or may not have a bit operations-OCD when visiting parks :rolleyes:).

jodon1981

Roller Poster
I'll jump on the Knoebels bandwagon. Both Twister and Pheonix were incredibly fast. I was also really impressed by Banshee at KI. I only saw it operate in its opening year, but those ride ops were seriously hustling and frequently had the next train dispatched before the previous train hit the zero g roll.

CoasterNate99

Roller Poster
When I visited back in June, El Toro at SFGAdv had great operations. They were sending out a train just as the other one was hitting the initial set of magnetic brakes. There was hardly a line, and if so, it moved very quickly.

Wicked Cyclone at SFNE was also great. They were very clear and efficient with procedures, and they ended up sending a train once the other one was finishing up the last turnaround. Although the rest of the rides' operations at that park were fairly lackluster (looking at you, Superman/Bizarro!).

Nitro at SFGAdv also hardly had a line, but I believe more credit for that goes to the design of the restraint system (no seatbelts!) and the capacity of the trains more so than the efficiency of the ride operators themselves.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I was also really impressed by Banshee at KI. I only saw it operate in its opening year, but those ride ops were seriously hustling and frequently had the next train dispatched before the previous train hit the zero g roll.
Is that even possible? I would think that because of the block systems, that it would not be able to do that....