Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimi Hendrix

• Angus Young

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Don't know why you're bitching about brian may being on buckingham palace as opposesed to jimi not being.

May sucks.. Done next to nowt since freddie died, thats the calling card of a pap guitarist. The inability to adapt!

As for Messr hendrix... he's dead and was er..... interesting, but in the same way a side show freak is!

Petrucci all the way! So nyah! :p

fretboardpyro said:
May sucks.. Done next to nowt since freddie died, thats the calling card of a pap guitarist. The inability to adapt!

Or reaching perfection and not wanting to ruin your image by forming a new group - especially when the only thing you can do is go down....... ;)

Slash said:
Can your nickname from hereon in be "The dickface with the guitar I want"?

You can call me plain old twatbag if you wish! And yes....... ITS EXACTLY TEN TIMES BETTER THAN YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE!

fretboardpyro said:
Slash said:

You can call me plain old twatbag if you wish! And yes....... ITS EXACTLY TEN TIMES BETTER THAN YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE!

I'm gonna call you Scouser_with_a_JPM. And forever more, that is what you shall be known as.

Lain said:
fretboardpyro said:
Slash said:

I'm gonna call you Scouser_with_a_JPM. And forever more, that is what you shall be known as.

I ain't a scouser! I'm origionally from north staffs, not all that far away from AT! My girl is from runcorn and she also is not a scouser, infact... She'd really hurt you if you called her a scouser!

Its a bit like like calling someone from wigan a manc! Ill advised!

hmm....as a guitarist....it's a toughie :p
Brian May is defiantly up there....I got tickets to Queen + Paul Rodgers for my 16th birthday....he put on an amazing show, and the Brighton Rock solo was a definite highlight, the way he co-ordinates the echoes into cohesive harmonies and strings the whole thing together so that it makes musical sense is nothing short of spectacular.
Then there's Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits (who I am seeing live in may)
He is certainly one of the most underrated guitarists that I know of, some of his solos are nothing short of breathtaking, especially listening to the live coda and outro solo of sultans of swing, and to think he doesn't use a pick or cover it up with masses of distortion shows his true talent.
I'm not a big fan of Metal Guitarists, tapping and sweep picking at a million miles an hour through shed loads of distortion, just always sounds a mess to me, and lacks the soul and emotion of players like Mark and Brian.
I'm not sure who is the best guitarist then....
but my favorite guitarist has to be Mr Angus Young, especially on the Bon Scott tunes:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MznksIbMXFg[/youtube]
(i know Brian Johnson is singing before someone points it out, but it;s the only good video of the song performed live) :p
Technicly, Mark Knopfler and Brian May are in a completly different league to him...as are hundreds of other guitarists, including those in the metal genre....
but watch and listen to the solo at 1:18....that is pure rock and roll. The look on his face. The uniform. The guy is an average guitarist, but a fantastic showman, and that is why he is my favorite.
[/youtube]

fretboardpyro said:
Lain said:
fretboardpyro said:
Slash said:

I ain't a scouser! I'm origionally from north staffs, not all that far away from AT! My girl is from runcorn and she also is not a scouser, infact... She'd really hurt you if you called her a scouser!

Swings and roundabouts. :p

fretboardpyro said:
Lain said:
fretboardpyro said:
Slash said:

Ok twatbag.

Neal said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4nsifplvpk[/youtube]

<3

The most epic performance ever. Makes you feel a huge sense of proudness for this country. Brian may rules, always has, and always will. My 2nd favourite musician by far! (Behind Freddie of course :) )

The fact the Page is not winning is shameful. Shameful!

Slash ahead of Page? Really??