Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angus Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

RCF

Strata Poster
Ok, I was listening to GNR and thought of this. So, who do you think is the best guitarist? For me, I say Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin.

EDIT: Since I can't change the poll, so for Neal......

brianmay_narrowweb__300x399,0.jpg

I'm going to be awkward straight away and say 'none of the above'. My life would still be a happy one if I never heard from them 4 again.

Personally, hmmm, I don't know really, there's lots that stand out. John Frusciante always stands out to me though. While he's far from being technically the best, he has the ability to make a guitar line beautiful. Not so much recently admittedly, especially though the Chili Peppers stuff, but his solo stuff sometimes still has glimpses.

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to robbeal because he said none of the above.

robbeal said:
Personally, hmmm, I don't know really, there's lots that stand out. John Frusciante always stands out to me though. While he's far from being technically the best, he has the ability to make a guitar line beautiful. Not so much recently admittedly, especially though the Chili Peppers stuff, but his solo stuff sometimes still has glimpses.

Could not agree more. And to play how how does after what he went through in his addiction period is amazing. And barely anybody has heard his solo stuff. He has so much passion.

From the list I would have to say Hendrix.

^His solo stuff's brilliant. The earlier 'drug' stuff was very odd at times, but i've got 3 albums since then, all of them brilliant. Very different from the regular Chilis stuff for anyone who wants a listen, but still great in its own right.

Dave said:
David Gilmour, end of. Haha

He's a great musician and writer of music, but he's not actually that fantastic a guitarist.

Jack White for me White Stripes <3

(I do love my Led Zep mind).

Devin Townsend is also a bit of a legend when it comes to guitar playing

syl3.jpg

Look at his little Canadian face.

Out of them; Hendrix. Slash and Angus are amazing guitarists, but Hendrix basically invented guitar solos of such quality that people like Slash and Angus Young look up too him.