What's new

B&M Inverts, Best to Worst

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
While Dragon Challenge is a cool overall concept, I can never help but feel that I am only riding half of a ride on either coaster.

And they don't even duel anymore :(
They weren't bad rides at all but I found em meh....and this was years ago when as a kid you like everything :lol: Maybe it's because of what you said.

Yes, Gavin :--D Never got Great Bear dislike, besides the fact it's short. I never found the ending to peter off, as ya said there's not really much there anyway. Plenty of rides just kinda wiggle around aimlessly before the brakes.
It's a unique fun coaster!

Jer

Strata Poster
Look at this puny list

Talon
Great Bear
Batman: The Ride (SGAdv)
Batman: The Ride (SFMM)

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I didn't read anyone else's post and no one's going to read mine so this is just a +1

Alpengeist
Afterburn
Great Bear
Batman: The Ride
Talon
Montu
Dragon Challenge Ice
Dragon Challenge Fire
Raptor

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Heh, didn't realize how many I'd been on until I just listed them all out here. 22 of them!
I've ridden..........
Afterburn Carowinds
Alpengeist Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Batman la Fuga Parque Warner Madrid
Batman The Ride Six Flags Great America
Batman The Ride Six Flags Magic Mountain
Batman The Ride Six Flags Great Adventure
Batman The Ride Six Flags St. Louis
Batman The Ride Six Flags Over Georgia
Black Mamba Phantasialand
Dragon Challenge (blue) Universal Studios Islands of Adventure
Dragon Challenge(red) Universal Studios Islands of Adventure
Goliath Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Great Bear Hersheypark
Great White SeaWorld San Antonio
Montu Busch Gardens Tampa
Nemesis Alton Towers
Nemesis Inferno Thorpe Park
Patriot Worlds of Fun
Raptor Cedar Point
Silver Bullet Knott's Berry Farm
Talon Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
Vampire La Ronde

I'd put Nemesis first and Black Mamba right after it. Great Bear and Silver Bullet would be at the bottom, Patriot would be down there too. Vampire would get the nob for the best with the "Batman the Ride" layout.

Mike

Giga Poster
1. Alpengeist Busch Gardens Will VA,y,n,5
2. Black Mamba Phantasialand DE,y,n,6
3. Talon Dorney Park PA,y,n,16
4. Nemesis Alton Towers UK,y,y,19
5. Montu Busch Gardens Tamp FL,y,y,23
6. Great Bear Hersheypark PA,y,n,26
7. Patriot Worlds of Fun MO,y,n,30
8. Flight Deck California's Great CA,y,n,32
9. Chinese Fireball Islands of Adventu FL,y,y,36
10. Hungarian Horntail Islands of Adventu FL,y,y,36
11-14. Batman The Ride/Clone SF & Other Parks **,y,n,40 (SFGAm., SFMM, SFGAdv., SFSL)
15. Nemesis Inferno Thorpe Park UK,y,y,54
16. Silver Bullet Knott's Berry Farm CA,y,n,78

Casio

Mega Poster
Nemesis - It's probably not really the best but I'll likely always have it there
Batman (SFMM) - Much more forceful than I imagined it
Montu - Disappointed me; I found it pretty bland aside from the batwing
Dragon Fire - Pretty damn jazzy; the zero-g between two immelmans is a great combo
Dragon Ice - Still alright but the cobra roll knocked me about a bit
Nemesis Inferno - I went on it last week and it went from average to utter crap, it's really really dull

Overall taking into account reviews, Mitch Hawker, Nemesis bias (I take as much responsibility as the next man) and the fact I didn't really like Montu that much I'd say Katun is probably the best, followed closely by Pyrenees, Montu, Black Mamba and Nemesis

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
It always surprises me at the difference of opinions on Dragon Challenge. I personally think the only fun part of Ice/Horntail is the zero-g roll. Fire has a good first immelman, a fun air time hill, and a unique immelman/helix. When the coasters dueled my favorite part of the whole ride was looking down as you went over the air time hill and seeing Ice fly below you.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Nemesis (Original layout, great theming and intense throughout, the only world class coaster in Britain.)
Alpengeist
Montu
Batman (SFMM) Don't know why but it seemed more forceful than the GADV one.
Batman (SFGADV)
Nemesis Inferno
Great Bear
Dueling Dragons Fire
Dueling Dragons Ice (The dueling aspect was the only thing that made these coasters memorable, without them they are merely mediocre coasters).

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Nemesis - absolutely nothing like it at the end of a day of rain - it's so good it's like art
Black Mamba - took me by suprise but I've only got to ride it the once - need to get back there
Katun - grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go
Alpengeist - it's so humongous and powerful
Great Bear - just joyful and fun
Batman The Ride (SFGAdv.) - I can see why they reproduced this ride, it's full of intensity
Oz Iris - cute and well themed but a bit lacking in omph
Talon - love the colour scheme but the ride needed more
Montu - good but generic Egytption theme. Punchy in places
Dragon Challenge (fireball) - wish I'd got to ride them dueling, it would have improved the ride no end
Dragon Challenge (horntail)
Nemesis Inferno - to be fair it has its good days, but mainly it's just boring

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Nemesis - For the Flatspin-Helix-0G section. The shear visual intensity aswell. Love it.
Batman - It's way more forceful than Nemesis, but I just find Nemesis more interesting in terms of layout.
Inferno - It for the most part is just fun. It can be a bit bland and boring, but at its best it can be good.
Raptor - It was better last year, but beyond the Loop - 0G, it just feels awkward more than anything. Still, its fun.
Silver Bullet - Didn't do much for me. We did the back. Kinda bland for the most part, but the overbank and last helix was nice. Still a good ride though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Not that you have hard feelings against Raptor or anything. :razz:

Hutch

Strata Poster
Of the four I've been on:

1. Alpengeist, BGW - Great speeds, intensity, and theming.
2. DC: Chinese Fireball, IoA
3. DC: Hungarian Horntail, IoA
- I had ridden Dragon Challenge when it used to duel, which was why I really enjoyed it. Haven't ridden it since then.
4. Raptor, CP - Only ridden this once and I remember it being the roughest of these four, but still enjoyed it.

Mark9

Roller Poster
1. Katun
2. Nemesis
3. Oz'Iris
4. Black Mamba
5. Chinese Fireball
6. Montu
7. Nemesis Inferno
8. Hungarian Hungtail
9. Batman La Fuga

Thought I'd been on more then that but the memory must lie.