What's new

B&M Inverts, Best to Worst

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
B&M Inverts, Best to Worst

For me...

1.Katun - Fantastic array of forces, including some unexpected airtime on the first drop. A nice range of massive inversions, but I particularly like the equally forceful, but less orthodox parts, like the high-speed turn into the cobra roll and the final helix.
2.Nemesis - Well, I think we all know how good this one is! Relentless throughout the entire layout, but doesn't quite have as many 'OMFG wow moments as Katun'
3.Montu - Can't remember too much about this one, but I really enjoyed the tunnel and vertical loops. Always helps that it was a walk-on too...
4.Nemesis Inferno - Great little invert with some good forces. The newest and smoothest of the one's I've ridden, but a little on the short and small side for me.
5.Dragon Challenge - Again, can't really remember this one, but I don't remember it being absolutely fantastic. A bit rough perhaps?

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
andrus said:
Ayy Lmao said:
Dragon Challenge is meh fav.
Ok, so which others have you ridden then? Since the topic title clearly says: "Best to Worst"
Ok
1. Dragon Challenge
2. Nemesis/Afterburn
3. Batman La Fuga/Katun
4. Nemesis Inferno/Raptor/Talon
5. Alpengist
6. Banshee
7. Ozlis
8. Patriot
9. Silver bullet
10. Montu

Ben

CF Legend
BUMP, I want to make the below announcement;

Oz'Iris - Cause it's **** fab.
Alpengeist - It's just huge and awesome.
Afterburn - So **** intense.
Talon - Also really intense.
Montu - Great ride, long and intense.
Monster - Really intense, does well not having the MCBR.
Black Mamba - Sexy little thing.
Raptor - Why do people not like this more, it's fab.
Nemesis - Great at night, meh otherwise.
Nemesis Inferno - Love this little ride.
Dragon Challenge (Fire) - Remember when this was good?
Dragon Challenge (Ice) - Womp womp.
Flight Deck - Intense but short.
Great Bear - Kind of fun?
Batmans - Over them.
Banshee - So big. Such bad trains.
Silver Bullet - Eh.

Doing a few more this year (Diavlo, Katun and Pyrenees) - just leaves Phaethon and Patriot as the unique ones I need, woop.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ So when you coming stateside next to visit Worlds of Fun? :D

Ben

CF Legend
Updated below...

Ben said:
BUMP, I want to make the below announcement;

Katun - Huge, fab and forceful
Batmans - Over them.
Silver Bullet - Eh.

Doing a few more this year (Diavlo, Katun and Pyrenees) - just leaves Phaethon and Patriot as the unique ones I need, woop.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Sanchezmran said:
1. Nemesis - It may be short, but what it does is perfect. Amazing inversions and great forces in a cool setting. I've heard people say that it could be a little longer but I think it's fine the way it is.

2. Alepengeist - Great sense of speed, huge, intense inversions and good theming make this a pretty great ride.

3. Nemesis Inferno - Some nice, tight inversions and cool theming make this one of the better rides at Thorpe imo.

4. Chinese Fireball - Rode these when they dueled, but way before I considered myself an enthusiast. I had a lot of fun with them and the immelmanns were the highlights on this one.

5. Hungarian Horntail - Also really fun when it dueled but the cobra roll was a little messy.

6. Batman (SFGAd) - Intense ride throughout but I felt some moments were a little too forceful and somewhat rattly. Wish I got more than one ride to get a better opinion.

7. Great Bear - Overall fun ride, but probably the least intense invert I've been on. The inversions and drop were good but didn't have any real snap or force.

8. Raptor - Again, need to ride this again for a better opinion, but it was kind of a blur and some of the elements were a bit rattly.
Time to revive this topic.

1. Nemesis
2. Alpengeist
3. Chinese Fireball
4. Hungarian Horntail
5. Nemesis Inferno
6. Batman
7. Raptor
8. Great Bear
9. Banshee - Solid, but the positive g forces are pretty rattly and the inversions (apart from the fab inline twist) don't do anything.

Made a couple other changes too. Moved Raptor up a bit because it was actually pretty decent when I rode it last month. Decided to move Inferno down because I think I actually had a better time on Dragon Challenge.

Might be getting Talon later this year.

jayjay

Giga Poster
OzIris - Slightly unconventional, occasional pops of air and intense to the end - my current no. 1 overall
Montu - Solid!
Nemesis - Unbelievable in the front but there's always something missing elsewhere
Monster - Not quite got the buzz that others have about it
Dueling Dragons - Last ridden in 2007 when they actually dueled; may be lower now
Nemesis: Inferno - meh

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Of the ones I've been on-
1. Banshee
2. Patriot
3. Raptor
4. Batman clones

Banshee is easily my favorite but the remaining three are all pretty close together and could be interchangable.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Edward M said:
1. Patriot- great pacing and a perfect Zero-G roll makes this a near perfect ride
2. Batman, SFOG- intensity and non-stop pace is fantastic. I also enjoy the theming at this certain Batman
3. Batman, SFSL- same as Georgia's except not as good theme
4. Nemesis Inferno- I actually enjoyed this one. I enjoy the lakes and kind of intense ride. Thought it was a ton of fun.
5. Dueling Dragons Ice- as a kid I really loved this. Looking back it was good but not that good. I liked the Zero-G and Cobra Roll
6. Dueling Dragons Fire- I remember not liking this as much because it didn't have the Zero-G or Cobra Roll but had still enjoyed it.
7. Raptor- only B&M Invert I just don't like. Good drop, loop, and Zero-G then just a rough and bland ride. Did enjoy the final helix though

I haven't posted in here in 3 **** years. Geez. Updated.

1. Montu - Great theming, great layout, great forces, great ride.
2. Afterburn - Amazing ride. Had great forces and layout. Montu edges it out for theming and length.
3. Patriot - Well done ride. Not extremely forceful anywhere but just nice and pleasant.
4. Dueling Dragons Ice - An underrated invert. Miss it dueling but it still provides a really fun and pleasant ride.
5. Nemesis Inferno - Nice forces and nice environment. Better than the Batmans IMO cause of the environment and it didn't give me a headache.
6. Goliath SFFT - The smoothest of the Batman clones IMO. Lack of theming reduces points though.
7. Raptor - A bit rough and bland but the first half redeems it.
8. Batman SFOG - So tired of Batman clones by now.
9. Batman SFSL - See above but a bit rougher.
10. Dueling Dragons Fire - blah. I kind of hated my last ride on it.

Sandman

Giga Poster
1. Nemesis
2. Black Mamba
3. Batman La Fuga
4. Nemesis Inferno

Wouldn't really say any of those are bad rides though. All really enjoyable.

SchindHaughton

Roller Poster
This is mine, and I have my ratings for the coasters in parenthesis for context)

1. Montu (9.5/10)
2. Alpengeist (9/10)
3. Banshee (9/10)
4. DD Fire (9/10)
5. Talon (8.5/10)
6. Batman Clones (8.5/10)
7. Raptor (8.5/10)
8. Great Bear (8/10)
9. DD Ice (8/10)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
1. Banshee- Easily the best invert I've ridden. Good mix of elements, good theming, and it really combines the smoothness of new B&M with the intensity and snap of old B&M. Only bad thing I have to say about it is that the green train rattles a bit and the purple train rattles like crazy. But if you ride it in the blue train it'll be the best B&M invert experience of your life.
2. Montu- Again, great theming, good intense layout, and that entrenched wingover is amazing. I feel like it doesn't have as much good terrain action as Banshee (probably because Florida :p ) and it farts around at the end except for that wingover.
3. Afterburn- Such a good coaster! Sick drop, sik wingover, sick helix, excellent trains, beautiful to look at, I love this thing! I get off feeling amazing and ready to ride Intimidator and go home every time!
4. Alpengeist- Why does everybody rag on this one? It isn't as forceful as Afterburn is but it's still pretty great. I find it pretty disorienting and smooth.
5. Great Bear- Like Alpengeist, I don't see why people don't like it. It meanders towards the end, but that's only a small fraction of time compared to the twisty unique nature of the rest of this. The creekside location really made the ride what it is. The helix drop is fun and unique, some nice forces through the elements, and flying over the Hollow midway and scraping the hillside next to the creek (complete with the best footchoppers ever) is awesome! Love this one! Plus it's the best rain ride ever rushing past all those gushing water features as you get soaked by water splashing off the wheel assemblies.
6. Silver Bullet- Definitely the least intense one I rode but by golly it's fun! Nice interaction with the water and I liked the cobra roll. I feel like if it's possible that this one should be fitted with the new B&M trains more than any other invert. It shouldn't provide enough forces to cause issue with the wider seats and I can see them looking awesome going through the cobra roll.
7. Talon- This one really underwhelmed me for some reason. I was expecting something similar to Afterburn and that isn't what I got. It's still great fun, don't get me wrong, and it's very smooth, but it just felt soulless and unoriginal. Still a good standard invert, though, and had a ton of fun on it.
8. Batman (SFMM, backwards)- Turning this invert around was a wise choice! I rode its clone forward in Atlanta in 2006 and it felt pretty soulless and unoriginal as opposed to Afterburn (my favorite at the time) and every one I rode after just seemed better. But backwards it's just insane. I recreated this clone in RCT3 and even after having done that I couldn't tell what was next after the second loop and the whole ride was taking me by surprise.
9. Raptor- Too rough and lacks originality. Wingover at the end is good but that's literally it.
10. Batman (SFOG, forwards)- Found it forgettable. Nothing special about it.
11. Batman (SFGAdv)- This is a coaster that was practically custom built for those stupid enthusiasts that like "stupid blackout intensity" to the point where they'll let a rough ride absolutely violate them as long as it has a ton of positive force. The fact that enthusiasts like this (the type I absolutely detest) cream their pants over rough Batman clones combined with the fact that this one was by far the most uncomfortable invert ever put it right at the bottom for me. Screw this thing.

I dunno what my list looked like before, but I got a fabulous new one today so I'm updating. I've really had a hard time deciding whether I like Montu or Oz'Iris better, but in the end I've chosen Oz'Iris because it's just a more pleasant and enjoyable experience.

1. Oz'Iris- Not insanely intense, but pleasant with a great variety of inversions and good theming
2. Montu- Same as Oz'Iris but has less of a flowy/floaty feel and a bit more intense
3. Nemesis- Such a unique invert and I reckon it might be higher had I ridden it more recently
4. Great Bear- Always liked it and has a very unique layout and first drop. Doesn't just bang out inversions and ridiculous G forces, but again is just a floaty and fun experience
5. Patriot- I think the theme for me is the less intense the better, maybe. Not insanely intense and has one of the best zero-G rolls of any coaster I've ever been on
6. Alpengeist- Big and fun
7. Talon- Small, intense, packs a good punch
8. Nemesis Inferno- Under rated, very enjoyable, but a bit short and really not much to write home about
9. Vampire- I think these would be better if they weren't everywhere, but this Batman clone was better than the rest, I thought
10. Banshee- I was just thinking today maybe I got a bad ride on it or maybe the heat was getting to me, but it was fun enough and not super intense, with a few unique elements
11. Raptor- Gets a lot of crap which it doesn't deserve, not amazing but still fun
12. All the other Batman clones- Meh too many of them now
13. Silver Bullet- A bit boring, probably the most mediocre invert I've ever been on. There's a difference between not being intense and just being super bland.
14. Katun- UGH way too intense but I guess maybe I rode it too many times in a row without getting off. Still too intense though.
15. namtaB- DISGUSTAN, something different though

Ben

CF Legend
Should be it for the year...

Katun - Huge, fab and forceful
Pyrenees - Really intense, just dies in the second half.
Batmans - Over them.
Silver Bullet - Eh.

Absimilliard

Roller Poster
My personal goal is to ride every B&M Inverted Coaster in the world and I've gotten through a few of them already. I set that goal while writing a novel about them for my website and I counted like 13 rides missing for the full set. My list so far looks like this:

1- Pyrenees at Parque Espana. I made the trek there last June from Osaka and it was worth it. Batman: The Ride are my favorite Inverted Coasters and this is the XL version. Loved the huge drop, the loops and the intense Cobra Roll. That tight spiral that threads the loop is incredible.

2- Diavlo at Himeji Central Park. Yeah, the ride is kinda rusty and the park a little dilapidated... but the ride is INSANE. Perfectly smooth with two fully rebuilt trains and even though its a Batman: The Ride per say, the trenches at the start made it my favorite Inverted Coaster until I rode Pyrenees a few days later.

3- Montu at BGT. Its been running perfectly since they changed the controls and its a lot less trimmed than before.

4- Dueling Dragons Fire. Pyrock used to be my favorite Inverted (and looping coaster period), but the poor operation, desecrated waiting line and lack of dueling made it slide a bit.

5- Phaethon at Gyeungju World (South Korea). The beautiful waiting line leads to a great ride with an imaginative layout.

6- OzIris at Parc Asterix. Its a good thing the park designer forced B&M to come up with an original layout! Also, as a french speaker, the puns and gags in the waiting line are nearly as fun as the ride itself.

7- Vampire at La Ronde: until SF shoved the useless Backward gimmick on it, it was my favorite BTR. The view coming off the lift is amazing and it was really forceful.

8- Raptor at Cedar Point: the long straight segments between elements are confusing, but the layout is quite forceful. Bonus points to the open lift hill, something only the prototype share.

9- Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Great America. The prototype and a magnificient ride. Love the small wood and creek the train flies over and around in the second half.

10- Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The long park queue is a nice set-up to the ride. I preferred the old gray colors.

11- Afterburn at Carowinds: I really wanted to love the ride, but my rides during Coastercon 2012 did nothing for me.

12- Nemesis at Alton Towers. I caught it on a really slow day and my friends who had been on it before were confused as to why it ran so bad.

13- Talon at Dorney Park: I really, really wanted to like the ride... but I guess I was expecting too much? It was graceful, but that's about it.

14- Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia. Its a great ride, but its green neighbor completely overshadow it.

15- Great Bear at Hersheypark. The location is amazing, but the ride lack of any decent second half drags it down a lot.

16- Black Mamba at Phantasialand. The theming is amazing, but its completely forceless.

17- Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park. Too small to really do much and the poor operations when I visited did not help at all.

18- Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Great Adventure. Except for my rides in 2002, It never ran good for me.

19- Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Its big, its overtrimmed.

20- Dueling Dragons Ice. As much as I love Pyrock, how come Blizzrock is such a bad ride? Its rough and feels like B&M designed Fire first and then realised at the last second they had to cram a second coaster in the same plot of land.

21- Silver Bullet at Knotts. It destroyed Ghost Town and is a boring ride. NEXT!