What's new

Attractiepark Slagharen | Goldrush | Gerstlauer Infinity

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Re: Atractiepark Slagharen to Build a New Coaster in 2017

So i was having a nosey on RCDB and stumbled across the logo and name for the ride...

slagharen-gold-rush-678x381.jpg

Im not gonna dissect the track in the image as i know its most likely not accurate but feel free to speculate.

Temleh

Mega Poster

Is that a Cheddar biscuit in the background?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Gold washing pan... apparently.

But yeah, "Gold Rush" is a name suitable for anything. Anything ranging from a mine train to a medium thrill coaster, like a Eurofighter. The track in the picture twists around a lot, though, which might hint at inversions, but it's not a very solid indication. Any logo with coaster track like that would have to invert it at some point, regardless of the twistiness of the actual ride.

peep

CF Legend

Looopings is reporting that the new coaster will be built by Gerstlauer, with more info being announced in September.

LINK

ignace

Mega Poster

TilenB said:
The park is owned by the same company (Parques Reunidos) as Mirabilandia is. Why couldn't they afford an iSpeed clone, when there is the original operating in their sister park?

Because Ispeed was build before PR took over ;).

S

SimonSays99

Nothing wrong with having another Infinity nearby.

But of course: Longer waits. The Looping Star was max 1-2 trains wait even in high season. But I guess coasters with such capacity on this a small footprint are no longer built today.

Ireeb

Mega Poster

SimonSays99 said:
Nothing wrong with having another Infinity nearby.

But of course: Longer waits. The Looping Star was max 1-2 trains wait even in high season. But I guess coasters with such capacity on this a small footprint are no longer built today.
Depends on which train size they choose. The Infinity Coaster is able to run with 32-seat (8x4) trains. But I think it will either be 16- or 8-seat-trains. The number of trains depends on the layout of course, but Karacho has 4 trains even with its rather short layout.

TilenB

Strata Poster

ignace said:
TilenB said:
The park is owned by the same company (Parques Reunidos) as Mirabilandia is. Why couldn't they afford an iSpeed clone, when there is the original operating in their sister park?

Parques Reunidos took over in 2006, while iSpeed was built in 2009, so... :)

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend

iSpeed is also really fab - such a great ride. But, the cost of that thing must be a lot more than a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaste costs.

Apparently, iSpeed was £15m, Karacho was £7m...

Ireeb

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
iSpeed is also really fab - such a great ride. But, the cost of that thing must be a lot more than a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaste costs.

Apparently, iSpeed was £15m, Karachi was £7m...
*€

Lofty

CF Legend

Whoops, yeah, Euros even. Still, Karacho was less than half the cost of iSpeed.

Ireeb

Mega Poster

Yeah, I think Gerstlauer is a pretty cheap manufacturer compared to B&M or Intamin. That's why I expected it to be a Gerstlauer, they make inexpensive Rides, suitable for small and medium sized parks. They are usually not as impressive as rides by Intamin or B&M, but they are still fun. (You may replace "B&M and Intamin" by any other more expensive premier manufacturer)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

TilenB said:
ignace said:
TilenB said:

Parques Reunidos took over in 2006, while iSpeed was built in 2009, so... :)

Well, there's a chance that only means Parques Reunidos didn't remove iSpeed from the park's existing development plan. iSpeed opened in 2009, but was built duing 2008, and who knows when it was ordered.

As far as I know, Parques Reunidos haven't really been generous with their new additions, and especially so when coasters are regarded. For instance, since the takeover in 2008, TusenFryd has only seen two large investments, with one "new" Vekoma Junior Coaster handed down from Mirabilandia. And upon further research, it seems the situation is similar across the chain:
- Mirabilandia has only got iSpeed since 2006, and arguably DiVertical in 2012 also counts.
- Bobbejaanland hasn't seen a single new coaster since the takeover in 2004.
- Lake Compounce recently opened Phobia after a 16-year drought (8 of which during PR ownership).
- Parque Warner Madrid was bought by Parques Reunidos in 2007, and has since opened one kiddie coaster (in 2009).
- Parque de Atracciones de Madrid was the "original" Parques Reunidos park, and has done reasonably well with their coaster frequency, although it leans heavily towards family coasters.
- Movie Park Germany was taken over in 2010, and has opened only one (Gerst Bobsled) coaster since (in 2011 - arguably commissioned before the takeover), although another is scheduled for next year.
- BonBon-Land was bought in 2007. In 2009 they opened a Zierer Tivoli Kiddie coaster. Since then, a complete drought.

And here, Slagharen. Bought in 2012, it gets its first coaster in 16 years next year.

I only did very superficial research, and don't know how these parks and their coaster schedules compare to what is "normal", but it seems a clear trend that Parques Reunidos is extremely reluctant to build coasters other than small kiddie/family rides. As far as I can tell, Phobia remains the only coaster with inversions built across the parks (other than iSpeed) outside PdAdM. Not that any of those parks used to build huge rides regularly, but seeing what kind of rides have opened at the Danish and Swedish parks over the past decade, I can't help but feel that Parques Reunidos have some sort of aversion to new coasters.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

The main problem with the iSpeed clone is that it was planned to be built on ground that currently is not park area. We don't know anything about the process for this, it may be impossible for the park to get a permission to build such a ride in that area.
metropolismap24412.jpg

Ireeb said:
Yeah, I think Gerstlauer is a pretty cheap manufacturer compared to B&M or Intamin. That's why I expected it to be a Gerstlauer, they make inexpensive Rides, suitable for small and medium sized parks.

Definitely not. The price of a ride is determined of the size of it, not which manufacturer who builds it.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

No, there are huge variations in costs between manufacturers building coasters. Obviously a lot is dependent on size but Ireeb is correct in saying Gerst are cheaper than your B&M's.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I have moved the posts about the cost of coasters to the relevant topic.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=40374

Please keep the discussion in the right topic.

Martyn B

CF Legend

There was a live feed in Facebook earlier with regards to this new coaster, and it looks like it is going to be a launch coaster, with a top hat and a few inversions etc. Doesn't look like an exact iSpeed clone from what I could see.

Lofty

CF Legend

It's definitely not an iSpeed clone, or anything like it for that matter...

It looks like Gerstlauer's go at a Premier Sky Rocket II.

[facebookpost]http://www.facebook.com/Slagharen/videos/10154573561397491/?autoplay_reason=gatekeeper&video_container_type=0&video_creator_product_type=2&app_id=2392950137[/facebookpost]

TilenB

Strata Poster

Or the new S&S Launchers (GaleForce)

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk