What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

MASSIVE construction update and park tour by TowersNerdLive: http://live.towersnerd.com/

And indeed, here is the refurbished Oblivion station:

1363430977.jpg

1363432036.jpg

Seemingly as good as new....and plus...it's open!

Couldn't find links to any of the pictures of the smiler sadly.

But now we have the initiation of the second dive loop or end of sea serpent, brake run, and lift motor.

From TowersNerdLive

1363425831.jpg

Four rows or four and OTSR in that. Again, not conclusive, but more and more likely.

Yeah I'd say there's no way this will have lap bars unfortunately.

It's looking great. It's going to ride like no other coaster, just a complete bombardment of inversions.

Dont get me wrong, I like me some tat, but who the **** buys them ornaments?

Do you think TT will continue with the silly aerial updates, considering that they could just walk in and take some photos?

Anyway, it's a hell of a lot bigger than I'd first imagined!

Little things like that are so annoying and typical Merlin. Would a Universal/Disney/Phantasialand etc even dream of doing that? Not a chance.

Lul I wondered how long it would take for people to latch onto something and hound them for it.

As if it really matters.

Cannot wait for the Smiler to open now, it just looks better and better with every picture!

Tomatron said:
As if it really matters.
How does it not matter?

It looks worse like that than it would have unpainted, because now it stands out.

It costs almost £50 to get into Alton. For that money one should expect it not to look tatty.

It just begs the question why bother at all if you're not going to do something to a decent standard...? Why waste money repainting Oblivion, only to leave that small bit sticking out like a sore thumb and imply a bodged job?

I'm sorry, but it really does matter. I'm really glad they decided to do something about Oblivion, especially if they've fixed the flaking faux-concrete panels on the station that were the biggest issue making it look really tatty.

Its not the end of the world but it does beg the question who made that decision to cut off at that point. It's a shame, it'd probably be another what... 10ft of painting and the rest would be hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.