What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

wakey1512 said:
Alton are about due another B&M as its been ten years since. As for the tussauds group, its been 8 years.

Its not like they have a written contract with B&M to purchase a ride from them every so many years, but for a once very frequent customer, sales are indeed lacking. Its not like they don't have available funds either. ThFAILteen cost £15,000,000, about £5,000,000 more than the average decent B&M invert.

However if rumors are true that the Mourn-a-son is due to leave the park, the replacement for this would be quite limited due to space. But perhaps im wrong

This won't be B&M.

wakey1512 said:
Alton are about due another B&M as its been ten years since. As for the tussauds group, its been 8 years.

Its not like they have a written contract with B&M to purchase a ride from them every so many years, but for a once very frequent customer, sales are indeed lacking. Its not like they don't have available funds either. ThFAILteen cost £15,000,000, about £5,000,000 more than the average decent B&M invert.

However if rumors are true that the Mourn-a-son is due to leave the park, the replacement for this would be quite limited due to space. But perhaps im wrong

Swarm?

Smithy said:
wakey1512 said:

Swarm?

And Krake and Raptor.

Good call.

Missed it at the time as well, but absolute rofl at taking a shot at Thirteen. Come back to me with the attendance figures before you call it a failure, yeah?

wakey1512 said:
What the hell does this actually mean? Am I missing something obvious?

This is way to compact for B&M, so we can rule that one out, obviously either a Gerstlauer or a Mauher Sohne but we'll have to wait and see...

Robbie said:
wakey1512 said:

Erm, if sonic leaves then the space left would be rather limited to a compact coaster design. Sonic hardly leaves a large footprint

Mourn a son is a mock of maurer sohne, there newer rides are tolerable but the older wild mouse incarnations are ballbashing at best

Firstly, Maurer Sohne is pronounced MOW-rer ZER-ne (mow as in cow), so your Mourn-a-son quip is not funny, and quite hard to understand.

Secondly, the Spinball rumour is irrelevant to this topic. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, we all love coasters, but try to get it across without appearing like goon.

^ Some people pronounce things differently. Agreed the joke isn't that funny, but seriously. Calm down about roller coasters, goon ;)

The thfailteen and the Mourn-a-son jokes are so funny I forgot to laugh.......

Anyway the hole is beast! Has first underground inversion been done?

I don't recall a inversion underground being done before. Anyway, a question to all. Does anybody know the full story of the Lord of darkness in Oblivion? Is he supposed to be a real man who is working for some sort of organisation, or is he a genius who has created a whole facility to capture people and where he is keeping the Lord of light locked away?

Also another picture of a flooded hole. I hope that pipe isn't from the toilets.

P1010510.jpg

Image taken by stretchy on the towersstreet forum.

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/future ... ssion/240/

Casio said:
Firstly, Maurer Sohne is pronounced MOW-rer ZER-ne (mow as in cow), so your Mourn-a-son quip is not funny, and quite hard to understand.

Secondly, the Spinball rumour is irrelevant to this topic. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, we all love coasters, but try to get it across without appearing like goon.

Yes I know EXACTLY how maurer sohne is pronounced, I am 21 and have worked in the theme park industry several years.

I have quite a negative affliction to people who cannot take a joke, and more so those who if do not like the joke, or do not find it funny, somehow think its acceptable to start an argument because of it. If i don't understand something on here I generally leave it. There's always someone stuck on their high horse and without getting too offensive look more the goon acting so serious. Chill. Out.

I never actually coined these names, the towers times wiki was a good laugh and i quite enjoyed some of the pages on it. I think it only apt to joke about certain ride manufacturers and rides as im sure we all have a sense of humour on here, and with the simple use of a different word rather than knocking it in one whole paragraph it means for no excessive reading as im sure mourn-a-son is no harder to scan than maurer-sohne. Thats just me. I like to mock. If vekoma could be mocked in a similar fashion I would do it too.

I never intended to make this such a big deal as it really is no big deal but if my content somehow offends you then that's just how it is im afraid, no need to bite back

I apologise if I came across as bullying; I simply felt I should point out the pronunciation point as I honestly had no idea what you were talking about when you said Mourn-a-son (for some reason I assumed you meant Submission, considering how bad it is, and how it could relate to giving SW7 more room)

Personally I've never had a problem with a Maurer ride, which I guess is why I had no idea what you were saying, but you're certainly entitled to your own opinion

My boredom has struck again. Here is a picture I edited on paint as to how I see the inside being in relation to where the public exit section is.

DSCN1439.jpg

Key:
Yellow-Markers placed on site.
Green-Where I think later markers will be placed on the site, by the plans.
Blue-Foundation area for the public exit of the building.
Grey-Foundation walls.

Casio said:
I apologise if I came across as bullying; I simply felt I should point out the pronunciation point as I honestly had no idea what you were talking about when you said Mourn-a-son (for some reason I assumed you meant Submission, considering how bad it is, and how it could relate to giving SW7 more room)

Personally I've never had a problem with a Maurer ride, which I guess is why I had no idea what you were saying, but you're certainly entitled to your own opinion

I appreciate the understanding, i was under the impression people were familiar with the humour on towers times. For some reason this isn't running anymore

wakey1512 said:
Robbie said:
wakey1512 said:

Erm, if sonic leaves then the space left would be rather limited to a compact coaster design. Sonic hardly leaves a large footprint

Mourn a son is a mock of maurer sohne, there newer rides are tolerable but the older wild mouse incarnations are ballbashing at best
Thanks for the explanation. I was confused because your nickname for Thirteen plays on the name, but the other didn't and I hadn't a clue what you were on about. Really, for consistency you should use a nickname like "Chronic" or "SpinBORE" or something ;)

Robbie said:
Thanks for the explanation. I was confused because your nickname for Thirteen plays on the name, but the other didn't and I hadn't a clue what you were on about. Really, for consistency you should use a nickname like "Chronic" or "SpinBORE" or something ;)

I think its more the manufacturer than one ride in particular. I dunno, maurn a son, sounds fitting! Although the newer incarnations are much less painful to ride! Infact i think spinball is one of the more tolerable.

Looking at the layout again, it kinda looks like Fahrenheit. Any thoughts on Intamin being the manufacturer for SW7?

Status
Not open for further replies.