What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

^Nope. But Uncle arly reminded me that it was bank holiday weekend. So that takes back my comment on me being concerned about it.

Anyway, news has appeared that rebar has appeared on site so things should start kicking off soon.

Ethan said:
Robbie said:
This is a joke, right?

Ya probably should have read further before posting that ;)
Yes, I know - apologies to the king :oops: My rather weak defence is my phone app didn't tell me there was another page...

Many Factors have an affect on how long concrete takes to set. Weather conditions, Type and size of the concrete all play a part.

True. Unfortunately I don't know what type of concrete they use. But say if the weather is decent and they use it for the station area which will be a considerable amount of concrete. I was wondering since rebar is on site and if they would have enough time to make footers/bases for the erecting of steel in the month of september. Hopefully they start pouring concrete soon. I've lost my interest in piles of dirt.

^^^ it never sets... (really)*

(worked for a concrete company as my summer job back in my student-days, used to work in the lab testing concrete sample for their strength at 3,7,28 day intervals - if it hadn't reached the right strength by then they had to go back and rip it all up)

* but it gets acceptably hard after a while.

Rebar boxes onsite, ready for pouring of concrete.

538467_376213195782464_889652476_n.jpg

Image from Towersstreet's facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet

Just a thought, going back to the mood boards that were floating around about ugland replacement time, is it just me or do they feature alot of vertical launches, I know this has been thrown around alot and it wouldn't be anything new, but how about a launch from a vertical starting point rather than a horizontal one?

^the forces put onto the body would be quite forceful, so should be very thrilling. I can see this happening- as in half the certified climb is launched so you slow nearer the top to creep over, otherwise the ride would be painful.

^Does both. Launches level, then again on the vertical section.

It's awesome.

It may not be anything interesting to picture skimmers but I thought I would post this picture of something I saw in a video. From what I see, I see a part of the station building. But I can't see much other than that. The left side is the normal one, and the right is it zoomed in.

Plans.jpg

Screenshot taken from this video(I didn't record it). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJEHpxyAP0

And I thought I was bored today...

The builders have construction plans? My only thought is 'phew'.

And that Gavin is right. ;)

gavin said:
And I thought I was bored today...

I am unbelievably bored. And if anybody wants to see the part where the wind blows some of the plans, it is at 1:09 in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.