What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Looking around the internet, I found this picture. Could this be a hint as to what the world's first could be? From what I can read it says target.

Strange.jpg

Picture by CoasterMadMatt on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastermad ... otostream/

Ethan

Strata Poster

Looks like an old piece of junk on a pile of dirt to me... not a 'clue'.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

It's from one of the games they had at the end of the Black Hole Tent, no?

matt80302

Roller Poster

I feel that Oblivion realy needs a new coat of paint, it is starting to loose its 'magic'. The station also needs to be cleaned, it doesn't look much like a secret reaserch facility any more. Alton Towers painted sonic spinball which is quite a bit bigger in about 3 months, Oblivion could be done quicker.

I feel that the X sector is the best themed area in all of Alton towers and that the arrival of SW7 would be a great time to repaint the area, same colours, just make It look like a secret reaserch facility again, because as I said before, it is starting to lose its magic.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVf7wNnVbI0[/youtube]*
Nothing worse than than when something loses its magic ;)

Though I'll bet Paul Daniels is sticking two fingers up at me right now :p

*Seriously, you have to go to the end of this and see the end titles. OMG. The rabbit is the most talentless performer I've ever seen in my life. The whole thing is just complete and utter ****.

the king

Mega Poster

^Thanks alot. Now I'm going to sleep tonight with my lights on. Hopefully I have no nightmares. :cry:

Nic

Strata Poster

OMG Wizbit! :shock:

That formed one of the cornerstones of my childhood nightmares

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

I'm hoping the whole area will get a spruce up. I'm thinking it might get a slight-re-theme too. Nothing major, but just to bring the whole area up to the same thinking.

Nic

Strata Poster

So, I've just noticed this isn't listed on RCDB. I guess it's a bit hard when you don't know the type/manufacturer for certain, but still strikes me as a bit odd. I find it impossible to believe that Duane hasn't been made aware of it, so the lack of details is the only reason I can think of.

Waffleman

Mega Poster

I went last weekend and from the Enterprise queue you can see a small building which was mid-construction when we visited. No photos but if anyone's down there with a camera be aware that you need to enter Enterprises queue to see it. Nothing else was really going on apart from dirt shuffling, etc.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I'm going next week so I'll try and grab some shots then.

I found that halfway around the Oblivion queue was a good spot, or climbing up and looking over the fence at the X-Sector entrance.

the king

Mega Poster

I have a good feeling that by the time you go, there will be some foundation drills there. The latest I heard of the site, is that it has some rebar for the foundations and a concrete truck.

Jake

Strata Poster

Stuff doesn't appear on RCDB usually until a park does a press release or something else 100% confirms that there's going to be a cred (such as track being seen). I know Alton have put some signs up, but because nothing has actually been properly confirmed it won't be on the database yet. Duane has always been pretty strict with this as there's got to be a cut off point (or we'd end up with every rumoured coaster being embarrassingly put up and taken down a few days later).

Shouldn't be too long now though.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster

I can't wait for the blipverts and viral marketing to start up the hype and speculation. I assume we'll start getting teasers around mid-late Autumn.

I'm going in a few weeks avec a camera so I'll upload some snapshots if I think they're worthy.

bmac

Giga Poster

So are we going to get the same marketing stunts that happened with Thirteen? Or how about Swarm? Can't wait to see what Merlin does with this one :D

Inverse

Hyper Poster

^ You can be sure that it'll be the most terrifying experience ever... like everything they've made so far.

dominoes

Mega Poster

Oh god. Those stunts really makes me hate myself for going to Merlin Parks. I am just giving them money to make more rubbish stunts!

Status
Not open for further replies.