What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

owenrita121 said:
Here we go found the image of the new harnesses,
603448_439433052754545_1074295093_n.jpg

It's standard maintenance, believe me, it happens all the time. :)

So, what's this I hear that Alton has a new ride, probably a coaster, under construction?

;)

^ WASH OUT YO MOUTH. This is important situations here.

The whole Oblivion restraints thing seems like a big deal because its more noticable when a colour like orange fades. Most British coasters are dull, so no one notices when they get replaced.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

They are ok, but would work better if the trains have "lapbars" like on "Iron Shark" :--D

A hole is being made at the SW7 site at the moment. Should be interesting to see if this will have to do with the worlds first element.

Hole.jpg

Picture taken by Alton Towers Guide's facebook page.

I think it's just for the station building? I love how some people on here think everything that happens now is probably the world's first bit! :)

^If those are the foundations for the station, they are pretty deep. Comparing it to Saw, they didn't dig so deep as this except on the first hidden drop portion. Reason I suspect it is for the possible world's first element, is because of the deepness. But we will see in time.

The plans show that the station is dug down fairly deep though, don't they?

No the plans don't show how deep they will have to dig, for the station.

Re: New "world's first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

spicy said:

If you look at this, you can clearly see that the station and bottom of the cobra roll and other inversion are dug down at a bit more than what we can currently see in the photo that you posted. I'm not saying something world first WON'T happen in the station area, but it doesn't like that is what this digging is for.

Well, as you said that hole is for the cobra roll. But it isn't for the station or else people wouldn't be able to go out of the exit of the building. Anyway, I see why that hole has been dug and so it was my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out by the way.

I could be wrong. I'm just making assumptions from the site. But, that is what it looks like to me.

Alton Towers do love their holes... :roll:

I hope this isn't just a gimmick coaster, because the plans do look really promising. We could be getting our first solid decent-length, great paced coaster since the dawning of Nemesis, because you have to admit, everything after AIR (After Oblivion in some cases) has been pretty under-whelming. Should be a good surprise, I hope.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about 'worlds firsts' anymore? It seems the Towers have been relying on them far too much lately. :?

But it would be nice if they made a world class rollercoaster then at the end of that you have worlds first element, in the past they have just been focusing on the element rather the whole rollercoaster

Yeh they focus too much on the "Worlds First" element of each ride. They need to focus on the overall layouts rather than one element. Otherwise it's just going to end up as a park of prototypes. But this one looks good.

Kebab said:
We could be getting our first solid decent-length, great paced coaster since the dawning of Nemesis, because you have to admit, everything after AIR (After Oblivion in some cases) has been pretty under-whelming. Should be a good surprise, I hope.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about 'worlds firsts' anymore? It seems the Towers have been relying on them far too much lately. :?

I dont really care for the 'worlds firsts' either, at least not Th13teen! Air and Oblivion i can give a little bit of slack, Air gives what it is meant to deliver and Oblivion (although it is now pretty tame compared to other rides) was still at the time pretty successful as a worlds first

Th13teen on the other hand as most of us agree, not so good!

Im pretty sure we are never going to get anything on the same scale as Nemesis but i would love this to be one ride at Alton that i would be happy to jump straight back into a 2 hour queue and not mind...

Either for a section of the corkscrew or a part of the station building. Well, for there foundations that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.