What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Ah that makes sense! Then I will remove them... ;)

Also, that top piece was identified as Cheetah Hunt...

Coasterlover

Roller Poster

Nick said:
I can't agree more, in terms of looks, it's by far the worst area of the park, an oblivion re-paint would be nice too (unless it's been re-painted in the last couple of years, I can't remember?)

I'm not sure if the track has been re-painted but the trains definately have, but they still need to completely revamp the whole area anyway.

Kebab

Giga Poster

This has nearly hit 100 pages, yet we haven't seen a single footer!? :?

I'm pretty excited for this, I'm just worried it's going to become over-hyped like with Saw: The Ride, and end up a disappointment. At the end of the day, Alton Towers needs something new, fresh and thrilling to bring them back up, they've been going down-hill since the construstion of AIR, I've simply lost hope for the park. But at the end of the day, they're making their money, and the 'magic' is still there (Nemesis, Oblivion, Runaway Mine Train etc.), they just need to bring some fresh magic into the Towers, and heres hoping this is the answer.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Kebab said:
This has nearly hit 100 pages, yet we haven't seen a single footer!? :?

I'm pretty excited for this, I'm just worried it's going to become over-hyped like with Saw: The Ride, and end up a disappointment. At the end of the day, Alton Towers needs something new, fresh and thrilling to bring them back up, they've been going down-hill since the construstion of AIR, I've simply lost hope for the park. But at the end of the day, they're making their money, and the 'magic' is still there (Nemesis, Oblivion, Runaway Mine Train etc.), they just need to bring some fresh magic into the Towers, and heres hoping this is the answer.

Couldn't agree more! Now when I go to the park it just feels pain and something big feels missing. Let's hope they bring the fantasy back!

the king

Mega Poster

The Swarm's groundworks were starting around july. This coaster won't have to have so deep footers on some parts compared to The Swarm, since it is a lighter type than a B&M. They have plenty of time. And about the comment of overhyping like Saw:The ride, don't you mean Th13teen. I thought Saw:The ride had great feedback.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Saw did get excellent feedback when it opened, it's only dissapointment was when it broke down and closed on opening weekend. Th13teen received pretty much negative reveiws. Hopefully Alton has learned not to overhype a attraction that might not live up to it like they have done with TH13TEEN and n:st. 3rd Time lucky :--D

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Saw did get excellent feedback when it opened, it's only dissapointment was when it broke down and closed on opening weekend.
And it still regularly breaks down now. Let's hope if Alton really are going with Gestlauer with this that they've solved the reliability issues.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Just a question and im sorry if this has already been asked. The toilet blocks that are around that area, are they going to be removed due to SW7?

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Just a question and im sorry if this has already been asked. The toilet blocks that are around that area, are they going to be removed due to SW7?
No, the coaster will be going above and around them (although it's not clear if the existing toilet block will stay or if they're building a new one).

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Robbie said:
No, the coaster will be going above and around them (although it's not clear if the existing toilet block will stay or if they're building a new one).

If it is going around them I would imagine they would built new ones.

Lofty

CF Legend

I'm sure that the little drop before the larger drops is meant to be over the top of the toilet block..

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Yeah, here's a reminder of the plans. The lift hill(s) go over the toilets, which it looks like they're building around.

Lofty

CF Legend

It also says Extg W/C Retained. So, they're keeping that toiler block basically...

Inverse

Hyper Poster

They might re-fit them or even theme them if we're lucky, but the building will stay. It make sense really, moving toilets isn't as easy as some other buildings due to the amount of plumbing needed to be done and new channels to sewers etc.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Inverse said:
They might re-fit them or even theme them if we're lucky, but the building will stay. It make sense really, moving toilets isn't as easy as some other buildings due to the amount of plumbing needed to be done and new channels to sewers etc.

Exactly. Plus, this is Merlin. Why go to the extra expense? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.