What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

From PTPete on UKRides:

11802_4071088025990_1546068144_3544957_1323433833_n.jpg

Anyone else notice that to make the tent black (when it went from Black Hole to Black Hole 2), they just turned the canvas inside out? :lol:

^ I never until you just said :lol: .

I cannot wait to start seeing some kind of construction. I really never got the scale of the Black Hole tent until I went into the tent during Scarefest and looked up, It really was huge.

Lofty said:
^ I never until you just said :lol: .

I cannot wait to start seeing some kind of construction. I really never got the scale of the Black Hole tent until I went into the tent during Scarefest and looked up, It really was huge.

Yeah, seeing those pictures it really does show the amount of space they have there.

Apparantely, diggers have appeared on site and the black hole foundations are going out. No pictures yet, but it's great to hear things are pacing up.

Anyone else notice that to make the tent black (when it went from Black Hole to Black Hole 2), they just turned the canvas inside out?

That seems like a lot of effort when is probably some way they could paint?

And black? Am I missing something...?

Martyn B said:
Anyone else notice that to make the tent black (when it went from Black Hole to Black Hole 2), they just turned the canvas inside out?

That seems like a lot of effort when is probably some way they could paint?

They had to completely take down the tent to get the coaster out, while they had it down and the canvas stripped off the shell, surely it's easy to turn the canvas over than to paint it?

I dunno though? Maybe they did just paint it so it was all one colour originally?

Martyn B said:
And black? Am I missing something...?

No, but I'm missing cones in my eyes so things are either black or white ;)

NEWS THAT SEEMS UNLIKELY BUT MAY BE TRUE

From the Wiki page for the ride:

Reports and multiple researches carried out by Alton Towers confirm that SW7 will be a Gerstlauer EuroFighter with 12 loops (a worlds first). It will also contain features in the seats that add an extra element (they poke and grab you). As of now, a name hasn't been leaked, nor has the complete coaster design. However, the worlds first elements are the "4th dimension" seats and the 12 loops.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SW7_(roller_coaster)

dominoes said:
NEWS THAT SEEMS UNLIKELY BUT MAY BE TRUE

From the Wiki page for the ride:

Reports and multiple researches carried out by Alton Towers confirm that SW7 will be a Gerstlauer EuroFighter with 12 loops (a worlds first). It will also contain features in the seats that add an extra element (they poke and grab you). As of now, a name hasn't been leaked, nor has the complete coaster design. However, the worlds first elements are the "4th dimension" seats and the 12 loops.

Source: [LINK]

Unless they have a source for that it's most likely untrue since in the plans it's supposed to be an Eurofighter (Most likely) and has 8 loops.

I'm not sure the 12 loop thing is true, I hope there isnt a 'extra element' as those type of things kill my back.

They won't cram 4 more inversions in the building. And the seat crap is obviously just been made up by a Sub-Terra fanboy. Both of those rumours are bull -_-

dominoes said:
It will also contain features in the seats that add an extra element (they poke and grab you).

I'd rather not ride that.

Poking and grabbing? ewwww. Definetly would hate that.

(Im sure there is a dirty joke in there somewhere)

Poke and Grab? Is it being sponsored by My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?

Oh, Wikipedia, how I love that website, I mean, it's never, EVER, been edited with wrong information or fanboy dreams..

Can we all try and pretend this didn't happen? :lol:

Yep sorry about that. I didn't think it was true, but thought I might as well post it. How about I delete it?

Status
Not open for further replies.