What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

the king said:
Something interesting I have seen from the maurer sohne x-car booklet. The faint drawing of the lift has resemblence to the SW7 vertical lift.

16-05-2012184033.jpg

*cough* Rip Ride Rocket...

marc

CF Legend
Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Yes many of us pointed that out, but it's the same for Gler.

the king

Mega Poster

I don't think i'm being understood correctly. If you look at the faint lift hill drawing from the maurer sohne booklet, you can see that it is drawn the same as the plans in SW7, with the tubuler track giving more of a sign of maurer making it. That is what I wanted to point out.

marc

CF Legend
Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Yes I can see what you mean, but many pointed this out already.

From day 1 it matched the one they built in Orlando.

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, that's kind of old news...

But still, at the end of the day, none of us know 100% the manufacturer, until track turns up with the ride's Manufacturer label, we're only gonna be speculating. it's just a waiting game.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Hopefully it is a Sohne though. G Force at DM is pretty dreadful in my opinion, but they can do better!

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster

has Sohne ever done anything with a perfectly vertical lift? I know they've done beyond vertical.

Nic

Strata Poster

I don't come in here for a month or so, and it's still just the same people having the same argument about whether or not it's a bloody Eurofighter. Seriously?!

Martyn B

CF Legend

I can see what the guy is getting at, MS have the exact same image on their website, so either they copied the plans from Alton, or Alton copied it from them?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Or there's only one way of doing a flat-vertical change?

Or MS also quoted for the new ride and Alton used the MS No Limits layout to represent the coaster for the "low accuracy" planning submission?

the king

Mega Poster

Anyway, in other news. T G Cruse groundworks have arrived, as I read from another site, so it shouldn't be long until we should see some work go up a gear.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

It might be a little while before they can start digging out for footers and such, they have all the concrete base for Black hole to break up and move out of the way before they can start measuring out properly.

the king

Mega Poster

They might keep the concrete base, just like superman ultimate flight at discovery kingdom. But i'm not sure if they will.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ I really hope they don't, i don't think it looks as good and i prefer footers.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Track curve from horizontal to vertical looks like track curve from horizontal to vertical.

Wow.

Seriously, the two images don't look alike other than both having a 90-degree curve on them.

Lofty

CF Legend

They might keep some of the Concrete base, around the station area, but I don't think they'll keep much for the other parts. I mean, from the plans, it actually looked rather landscaped.

Nic

Strata Poster

Also, isn't a lot of it going to be below the current ground level? That'd be a bit hard without removing the concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.