What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildmouse695

Roller Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

These OTSR's on this car look a little wider around the head space than your average OTSR's.

Maybe the headbanging won't be as bad?

marc

CF Legend

That's what causes the head banging as there is so much room you just get thrown around :(

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

I think the head banging is due to the lack of navigational flexibility as the cars are fixed together and the track design has to compensate for this. Now that they are all separated, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

This ride is full of winningggggg....

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Oh FFS.

There's some nice elements here, the design LOOKS awesome, but it's the usual story of it being a Gerstlauer with OTSRs. It's going to be unpleasant. Another coaster ruined.

See, I think my problem with Saw (and to a lesser extent, Rage) isn't head bashing on the restraints, it's more that my upper body can't move around but by head can, so my head gets thrown around by the forces but my upper body can't roll with it. It's headache inducing.

Filed in the same category as Th13teen - "I hope it's popular enough with the general public to eat up queues and keep people away from the stuff I actually want to ride".

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Lol people complained The Swarm was to smooth and gentle. People complain this will be to jerky and intense. Merlin can't win :lol:

Smithy

Strata Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Lol people complained The Swarm was to smooth and gentle. People complain this will be to jerky and intense. Merlin can't win :lol:

Well they can, there are many rides, styles, types or manufacturers that operate in the middle ground.

As it is, it appears that inversions, records and the like is hugely popular in this country (at least that can be the only reason why Colossus is so highly rated by the GP) and so it's a smart decision.

Don't understand the rage about the OTSR's either, it was obvious, and the restraints look slightly different to what I can recall Saw's are (probably entirely wrong here mind) and your head has a bit more room to manouvre.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Screaming Coasters said:
I think the head banging is due to the lack of navigational flexibility as the cars are fixed together and the track design has to compensate for this. Now that they are all separated, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Said that two pages ago ;)

marc

CF Legend

Yeah tbh until we have been on it we won't have a clue how it will ride.

Tim

Roller Poster

Untitled_1.gif

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

Smithy said:
It looks like those berks have actually pulled some of the banner down to get a view.

They're not the berks, you are for making that assumption of people you don't know! The banner has either fallen down, or has been intentionally pulled down by others and was already down before them people you decided to call 'berks' were there - how do I know? I was there yesterday.

The banner is down in a few different places, two of them being down the side across the way from The Fried Chicken Co. There is also another spot down across the way from Submission.

Third leg going in currently:

image26.jpg

(Thanks to ThemeParkCollective)

EDIT: Just to make you happy Smithy, the people dressed up going around X-Sector have just been told to seal up the fallen banners.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Screaming Coasters said:

Aren't these identical to the normal Gerst trains, but just with 2 extra? Because the normal ones are two separate cars. Are they really anymore fixed together than any other coaster cars? Or is it the closeness of them that is a problem?

Martyn B

CF Legend

They do look like they turn freely in every direction compared to the usual Eurofighter trains that only turn side on.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Smithy said:
It looks like those berks have actually pulled some of the banner down to get a view.

They're not the berks, you are for making that assumption of people you don't know! The banner has either fallen down, or has been intentionally pulled down by others and was already down before them people you decided to call 'berks' were there - how do I know? I was there yesterday.

Did I say they were berks because they pulled the banner down? No, I didn't.

For spending their time in a theme park staring at construction whilst frantically tapping away on their phones to be the 'first' to provide the days latest update? That'd explain it.

Still, each to their own 'Rollercoasters4Life'.

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

Thirds leg pretty much settled in its new home:

488181_545192178845298_1051647816_n.jpg

(Thanks to The Alton Towers Guide)

Smithy said:
Smithy said:

Did I say they were berks because they pulled the banner down? No, I didn't.

For spending their time in a theme park staring at construction whilst frantically tapping away on their phones to be the 'first' to provide the days latest update? That'd explain it.

Still, each to their own 'Rollercoasters4Life'.

So they are berks because they might be providing updates for other people to see? Guessing you don't look at the topic to see pictures of what has gone on within the day? If it wasn't for said 'Berks' you wouldn't know and would probably moan because you don't know what is going on. Saying that, what are you even doing in this topic then if you don't want to know anything about what is happening with The Smiler?

Surely everyone on this site and other forums are here because they are interested in Theme Parks and rides? Some people are more enthusiastic than others and may want to provide pictures to keep everyone in the know. What is wrong with that? It certainly doesn't make them 'Berks'.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Mate, just stop. CF isn't a great place to be if you take things too seriously. So, 'Rollercoaster4Life', care to get back on topic?

This spider thing looks a bit... tacky? The coaster looks great though. As for the trains, I actually quite like them! They're so in your face and disgusting <3

Smithy

Strata Poster

So they are berks because they might be providing updates for other people to see?

For spending money and wasting their time in a theme park trying to be the 'first' for their respective sites and forums to get the updates online, yes, they're berks.

My opinion, you may think what they do is very noble and rewarding, the kind-hearted souls. Again, each to their own.

Guessing you don't look at the topic to see pictures of what has gone on within the day? If it wasn't for said 'Berks' you wouldn't know and would probably moan because you don't know what is going on.

Not really, I'd just assume people had better things to do with their time when they're within the confines of a theme park.

Saying that, what are you even doing in this topic then if you don't want to know anything about what is happening with The Smiler?

Replying to you, I thought that was obvious?

Or more specifically, just because I think they're berks doesn't mean I'm somehow not allowed or not supposed to or even not interested in seeing updates?

Surely everyone on this site and other forums are here because they are interested in Theme Parks and rides? Some people are more enthusiastic than others and may want to provide pictures to keep everyone in the know. What is wrong with that? It certainly doesn't make them 'Berks'.

To you, 'Rollercoasters4Life', it doesn't.

To me, it does. I'm not somebody who would go to a theme park and spend my free time staring through gaps in a fence to be the 'first' to get updates online and try and claim 'my' site had them up first. I'd be busy enjoying myself. But that's me, that's my opinion, I think they're berks. You think they're doing a valuable thing, helping society with their noble dedication to the cause. That's fine, you're free to think that.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Please stop being rude to each other or warnings will be issued and this topic will be locked for 24 hours.

Take this to PM. No exceptions after this post.

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Ethan said:
This spider thing looks a bit... tacky?

I'm thinking the same, but I reckon that the TVs around the top will bring it to live and make it look amazing when they're working.

Status
Not open for further replies.