What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

Alton Towers marketing team have always been good at hyping their new rides up, but the finished product has sometimes been a let down (Thirteen is a case in point). But I've got more confidence this time around that the ride will live up to the hype.

scw55 said:
Chances are it's been in plain sight all along. And I don't mean the smiler.

But remember when everyone thought Thirteen was going to be called 'Surrender', because that's what it said on the posters.

I've just seen the latest aerial shot on TTF. It looks like they've started work on the station building now, but the whole area is still quite a way off completion.

geterected.jpg

At the moment, I'm more interested in what's happening to the walkway on Oblivion's brake run, is it being repainted?

Ummm....I dont really want to sound like an idiot, but has Oblivions turn into the brake run always been lighter in color than the rest of the coaster?

Could just be the position of the sun when the picture was taken.

Ooooh.

I did actually think they'd have done more at the top of the site. It doesn't even look like they've finished moving the mud yet.

The weather has been AWFUL the last few months. We all know that when it rains not much happens on a building site...

I'm not joining the 'omgz it aint gonna opan till 2040' club just yet, but when you think about all the stuff they need to do for it to actually open to the public in like 9 weeks they're going to be cutting it fine.

Have to agree with jake on this, all we need is snow and they are going to be up against it.

I thought more would be done as well, does not look like anymore track has been added in over a week.

Rage went up in about 3 weeks and that's with no theming.

Yeah, I'm not saying they're actually behind schedule or anything like that, but I was expecting more to be done. Like Jake said, it looks like they're still sorting out the mud, with no signs of any other footers around the site.

Edit:

geterected.jpg

I'm quite surprised at how small the station building is (if that really is it). I thought the buildings on the plans looked HUGE!

Where is the station building? That shed in the corner cannot be it?

It's ok can see now? How's the track getting in there?

Also for some reason I thought the station was the other side, I.e not next to the trees.

insanecoastervids said:
elephant58 said:
^And what makes you say that? Any sources?
Because there has not been much construction on the ride

Yes, but you said 'it WON'T open on March 16th.' Although, it MIGHT not open in time, there has not been anything official, as of yet, to suggest not.

I just hope they don't open it until its ready with all the theming, this is why I might give it a while before actually heading up to ride it.

They probably will - both Thirteen and Swarm were still being themed after opening.

Why are they ripping up that little island of grass in the path? (middle of the photo)

That's not the whole station building, if you follow the concrete on the left hand side of that metal shell up to the top wall, that looks to be where the covered section will at least be. There's already track in place there and from other pictures the shallow-ish drop out of the station from that bottom left part of the site is already in place.

9 weeks though. Tight.

Track work will be fine, not too sure on the extent of theming though.

I **** hope it opens on time though, can't be doing with all these faux know-it-all's coming back with I TOLD YOU SO, I KNEW IT WAS BEHIND MY SOURCE WAS RIGHT when in reality the people suggesting this haven't left their house in weeks because they got grounded for Googling Bree Olsen on their mums laptop.

I don't mind if it isn't done by the initial date. I also don't mind if it is.

Doomsayers on the schedule of progress is dull and boring. Soil discussions was more informative and captivating.
It's knee-jerk reactions which are also amusing. Because there is only so much annoyance I can take from anonymous human beings on the internet who I will never meet. As a result it gets converted into being elitist and ironically humoured.

Basically get the pop-corn out if you enjoy reading text-based hysteria.

-

I see it as a good thing. It means progress will be a lot more intense now and more interesting. Hopefully less discussions about none-news.

I'd recommend going with the saying, "No news is good news."

SW7 will be behind schedule when Alton says it is. Otherwise, the rest is hearsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.