What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Those images clear the Zero-G up, it's definately the same.. Even I started looking at it thinking the profiling was different once it had been pointed out.

I got a feeling that the Zero-G profiling discussion is a snapshot of what is to come.. You just know some enthusiasts will claim the old track rode better and was snappier etc.. When in reality there will be no difference.

Those images clear the Zero-G up, it's definately the same.. Even I started looking at it thinking the profiling was different once it had been pointed out.

I got a feeling that the Zero-G profiling discussion is a snapshot of what is to come.. You just know some enthusiasts will claim the old track rode better and was snappier etc.. When in reality there will be no difference.
Its going to be interesting to see what it rode like in 1994. It should essentially run like it did when it became famous 👑

When in reality there will be no difference.
Not sure that will entirely be the case as it all depends on how well the train runs. Hulk has definitely run faster in recent years, however when it reopened in 2017 it was still pretty similar to the old version.

I am happy to see no changes in the profiling though!

Makes sense, really. A different shaping would mean different forces, which means the supports would have to change, but those are fixed in existing positions.

I concur with the crowd who are saying that they’re not 100% sure that it will necessarily ride the same as it did before. The ride could initially take some time to run into its new track, or they could run it with different wheels or something. There are numerous factors that will affect how new Nemesis rides beyond the track layout and profiling itself.

However, I’m also not necessarily sure that it will be any smoother than it was before it closed either. I’ve ridden both pre-retrack Hulk and post-retrack Hulk, and I wouldn’t say that post-retrack Hulk is any smoother than pre-retrack Hulk was, even when I rode it at only 3 weeks old. If anything, it’s possibly rougher nowadays than I remember pre-retrack Hulk being… of the 3 B&M sitdown/floorless coasters I rode in Florida during my recent trip, Hulk was definitely the least smooth despite it also having the newest track by quite some margin.

^^^Nice! Thanks for sharing that side by side. Looks identical.

F10dTl8WwAYqVYK

what a beautiful inversion 😍

Thanks for the photo...but GAH!

I apologize if I'm being a bit overboard/nitpicky, but would it really kill them to CLEAN the track pieces, or at least wipe them down with a rag before they install them? That one piece looks like it's been sitting out in the rain that followed with a dust storm, and it's smack dab in the middle of a bunch of clean freshly painted pieces.

LOL

If I was with the crew putting it together I would probably drive them nuts.

I mean a once over or a hose down couldn't take more than, what? 5 mins?

I apologize if I'm being a bit overboard/nitpicky, but would it really kill them to CLEAN the track pieces, or at least wipe them down with a rag before they install them?
Not much point cleaning the parts when its still a construction site, could just end up getting dusty and dirty again anyway.

Edit: Looks like Dar beat me to it 😅

Merlin trying not to paint their rides black/grey (impossible)
spongebob-patrick.gif
Great seeing the track near completion though!

Last edited:
That was just a joke, but I get your point. To be honest, they seem to do a really good job with their rides outside of the UK.
You've got a point though.

SAW: The Ride - 2009 - Black
Th13teen - 2010 - Black
The Swarm - 2012 - Grey
The Smiler - 2013 - Black

There was definitely a trend back then. But is is nice to see them looking at other colours these days.

You've got a point though.

SAW: The Ride - 2009 - Black
Th13teen - 2010 - Black
The Swarm - 2012 - Grey
The Smiler - 2013 - Black

There was definitely a trend back then. But is is nice to see them looking at other colours these days.
Well I don't really think it has to do with trends or anything like that. The mentioned rides all have dark themes where dark colours make the most sense. The two family wing coasters have way more fun and positive theming. So I would probably make comparable decisions on picking colours for those rides.