What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicy

Giga Poster
I just read the post on TTF.

1. The kids 16 and seems to think his friend works in planning :roll: Get back to school.

2. He posted that at 8:40 this morning, you think they came to such a drastic decision this early in the day, after already investing thousands in planning and already ripping out the Corksrew. No.

3. The kid talks **** looks like someone was bored at their computer this morning.

I can almost say at this moment in time 100% it hasn't been withdrawn, well I know I would put alot of money on planning not being withdrawn at the moment.

It may be withdrawn later though who knows? No one except the people involved, especially not a 16 year old kid with a 'friend'

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
spicy said:
It may be withdrawn later though who knows? No one except the people involved, especially not a 16 year old kid with a 'friend'

Just to make it much more obvious that no decision has been made yet and the only lead so far is from a 16 year old...

Wait for a park report until anyone panics... :roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, but shawnoc is right (thanks shawnoc).

The planning application has temporarily been withdrawn by the council pending further investigation.

They'll review it next month now. Another month of this topic going on and on and on and... I'm depressed now (not about the ride, couldn't give a stuff, just about this topic) :lol:

http://www.coasterforce.com/home/p2_art ... aycomments

marc

CF Legend
I sort of said this pages ago, I dont know if this was sort of the idea I know I sound really synical.

Alton say it will be a worlds 1st, the way out of this is easy. Fail planning permission and change the ride and say sorry we tried we failed now just have a standard coaster.

Thats just me being me.

Its the locals way of pushing for the new road I bet if they say we will build the road if we can have the coaster they will get is passed.

Maybe I have read it all wrong, I am not good at always understanding these things.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Frreakin idiots those locals, surely they new this would happen living next to a theme park, i mean alton have tried there best, tree height, sand and everything, god im so annoyed now.

marc

CF Legend
Yes but what I mean is Alton may have known they would not get permission so the council withdraw it then alton re apply with a different design.

Like with one that does not go into the woods.

You understand these things better than me :)

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Sorry that I pissed on everyones chips this morning! I know what you mean furie, this is going to be a long month of more speculating! :roll:

Its quite ironic that Altons planning aplications are actuly like rollercasters!

You never know this could be a god send, if the plans are shelved we may even get something even better in the future!

Emmett

Giga Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
Frreakin idiots those locals, surely they new this would happen living next to a theme park, i mean alton have tried there best, tree height, sand and everything, god im so annoyed now.

But alot of those people have probably been living there before the park was even built. Thats why they feel so strongly against it.

I understand if someone has just moved there recently and already knew a theme park was on their doorstep then they can't really complain too much.

spicy

Giga Poster
shawnoc said:
You never know this could be a god send, if the plans are shelved we may even get something even better in the future!

Thats what people said when the woodie plans were shelved, we ended up with Spinball and Rita :roll:

Damn this isn't good for Alton at all, I wish they would just build that bloody road and then get on with it.
Alton have hardly tried to push their limits or take the piss with this application, fair enough the woodie plans were a bit far fetched but this isn't at all.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
The park is now under new management, they seem to be focusing on getting the themes right now. I cant see a repeat of rita and spinball. Well i hope not! They are good rides but look bloody awful. They had more than 1 concept for future development, they may look at the possibility of the racers theme!

Even if Alton did fund the road, the planning for that would be worse than this. People will moan about the road noise. Also the plans would have to go throgh a public enqury.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
If the traffic is such a big issue, why don't the council cough up the money for the road? After all, it's not being built on Altons Property so why should they shell out for the road?

marc

CF Legend
Thats the way it goes though Erol, who do you think paid for the roads in Orlando and Paris round Disney, well Disney did.

Same for the road leading to Silverstone, they had to pay for it.

Why should the council and tax payers pay for a road that they wont use, and one they would not need if Alton Towers was not there?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
will this delay have a serious effect on the intentional opening time for this ride? Is the 2010 coaster now the 2011?

Johnny

Hyper Poster
What a joke.

Why don't they just move away ffs. It's not like the area around the park is so amazingly special and unique. They can move not that far, in the same area, and have less noise.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^That's easy for you to say, but these people would have to go throgh the trouble of moving house, and all that stuff, and now isnt exactly a good time to be changing lifestyle too much. What if they like their house? I think the plans will be allowed to go through eventually. Alton just need to prove that this will bring more to the locals than it takes away.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, cause you would just go "Oh, we have a nice house, we've been here for 40 years, our family are here, our kids grew up... lets just move".

*sigh*

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I cant see Alton being too suprised by this desision, im sure they are gonna want to work as close as they can with the locals. People will not just up stick and leave if they are part of the community. Alton know this and is down them to ease peoples worrys about this project.

Yes there will be an increase in trffic when the ride will first open, but that will subside in time.

Its a set back but if planning is granted next month or the month after, it wont effect the time scale for the development. It is offten the case that these kind of set backs are built into the timeline of the building programe.

Alton will pull something good off, even if its not in the same format as whats in place at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.