What's new

Alton Towers' Galactica VR coaster/Rollercoaster Restaurant

Re: Alton Towers submits planning permission

I like the advert that's doing the rounds, but my god the logo is gash.

Also, opening times will be 10am-10pm everyday, 5pm onwards for hotel guests only. It's going to consist of 13 table, presumably seating 3 groups of 4 like Europa.

From the promotion of "the UK's first Rollercoaster Restaurant" I guess they're going to roll out to Thorpe and other sites eventually. But it's hard to get excited about a cafe serving the same old **** but on rails.

I wonder why it's taking them until the end of May to get it done...? I don't think we'll see Air's improvements finished until then either tbf.

Well done Merlin, nothing like opening stuff mid season.

^Exactly how the US feels about SF opening stuff.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Just a prediction for the slogan:

The most thrilling dining experience, BECAUSE THE FOOD ARRIVES AT YOUR TABLE VIA A SERIES OF MINIATURE ROLLER COASTER TRACKS, but you can still breathe BECAUSE THERE IS AIR.

It's interesting to hear that they're finally going to offer something to do in the evenings for hotel guests.

^They did already have a restaurant for them, I wouldn't say this is offering that much new.

So will people walk through the closed park to get to this restaurant in the evenings? I can't remember the exact layout of that area of the park.

^ There's an entrance to the park near Air, I think they used to use for ERT hotel guests. I don't know if they still do.

Martyn B said:
^ There's an entrance to the park near Air, I think they used to use for ERT hotel guests. I don't know if they still do.

Ok, that makes sense then. I knew a new entrance round there was always a future idea but didn't know one already existed. Thanks.

SilverArrow said:
Martyn B said:

Ok, that makes sense then. I knew a new entrance round there was always a future idea but didn't know one already existed. Thanks.
It's called woodland walk, it's a fair walk to be honest, a good 15, 20 mins through a path in the woods, it's used as a quick access point for hotel guests to get ERT in Forbidden Valley.

^ Eh.... IIRC, the entrance for hotel guests is underneath air's first main drop..?

I'm pretty certain it's the gates you can see behind the guy in the black top:

ad_174215373.jpg

Well, technically the woodland walk is the 'hotel' entrance but there is a general entrance under Air's drop that is used for crowd control on busy nights which could easily be used for this.

It's not 15-20 minutes though it's literally from the hotels to the Skyride, so it's about five minutes.

Some more photos have surfaced online:

Hope they have some good lighting as it looks a bit bland here. The one in Vienna has some fancy lighting. Also, the artwork doesn't look to be as nice (read:historical) here as it did in the previous rendering. :/

zwas8y.jpg

Frame__0003jpeg.jpg

Ben said:
Well, technically the woodland walk is the 'hotel' entrance but there is a general entrance under Air's drop that is used for crowd control on busy nights which could easily be used for this.

It's not 15-20 minutes though it's literally from the hotels to the Skyride, so it's about five minutes.
No the woodland walk from Alton Towers hotel is a good 15, 20 minutes, you come out by blade.

I've done that walk easily in 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Blade is actually closer to the hotels than the Skyride is...?

It's categorically NOT 15-20 minutes - it's the length of the car park!

Because thank you I have walked it enough times to know.

Ben said:
Blade is actually closer to the hotels than the Skyride is...?

It's categorically NOT 15-20 minutes - it's the length of the car park!

Because thank you I have walked it enough times to know.
I never even mentioned the Skyride?
I have walked enough times to know too, thank you! :)