What's new

Alton Tower Busses

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I live 25 mins from the park and 15 mins from Stoke station. Depending on dates I may be able to take you up there for a small charge. If I'm not busy I may even go to the park myself and you can just pay for my parking... This offer is for anyone that's struggling to get there and assuming I'm not busy doing something else. It would generally only apply on weekends. :)

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
am I wrong or does this not operate during weekends??

It does operate on weekends, but only starting from end of May until beginning of May, but weekdays coaches not starting before June 11.
Makes me wonder how staff is supposed to the park with these times? I've seen plenty of them using the buses whenever I was on it, so with them almost non-existent, that's going to be a problem.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
I understand that Alton Towers now runs a staff bus because of the withdrawal of the public bus. I could be wrong of course, just what I understood.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I understand that Alton Towers now runs a staff bus because of the withdrawal of the public bus. I could be wrong of course, just what I understood.

I actually emailed another stoke based bus company, to see if they'd ever thought of running services - It was actually them who operate the towers staff buses, and they said they were "looking into" the possibility of opening that to the public.

good to see the first timetable is now up though...

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I'm also someone who has relied on buses to AT and am really disappointed that the service has gone downhill from when I first started visiting back in 2003. It would be good if something was done to improve public transport to the park as it I reckon it would get used :)