What's new

Alert to all TP Fanboys - 2012 Project

$10 on it being the UK's best coaster since Oblivion anyone?

Heh, so much cynicism. Thorpe have pulled off some decent projects in the past, notably Inferno, Tidal Wave and Rush. :roll:

If that's real, a graphic designer somewhere is pinching a living. The clone marks down the bottom are shocking.

OMGMartynpostingincoasterforumshocker.

Well if it is official, its surely going to be big....announcing it now and end of the world nonsense.

Lets hope Merlin have moved on from EuroFighters and Zamperla's...

STC said:
$10 on it being the UK's best coaster since Oblivion anyone?

Heh, so much cynicism. Thorpe have pulled off some decent projects in the past, notably Inferno, Tidal Wave and Rush. :roll:

No.. I'm realistic.

STC said:
Thorpe have pulled off some decent projects in the past, notably Rush

Didn't Rush have MAJOR problems for about a year when it was supposed to open? And didn't recently some panel fall off from the top of Rush which caused even more problems?

What a fantastic "project"!
:roll:

I'll believe it when Thorpe release it themselves (Actually, believe what? The image tells us NOTHING anyway!), and not through some leaked image from some fan site.

Martyn said:
If that's real, a graphic designer somewhere is pinching a living. The clone marks down the bottom are shocking.

OMGMartynpostingincoasterforumshocker.

Jeeeeeez, it's pretty bad. Feel more confident about graduating now I've seen that.

The quality of that image is appalling, but I think it's real. If it was fake, it'd likely be better done, as horrendously unfortunate that is. Whoever is responsible for making these images is likely not a graphic designer of any sort.

Anyway. 2012 post-apocalyptic themed coaster? Omfg, amazing.

On Thorpe Park Mania, they suggest this is to be built on the new island they're creating. Would be great if they created a new themed area of an apocalyptic island.

The location of the 2012 ride has been known for ages. It's detailed out on the MTP that was found years ago. They want a new island beyond Stealth (interestingly, roughly the location of the explosion on that image). The MTP also said it'd be 50m high with a lift, just to counter the post earlier asking for a launch.

CMonster said:
So, wouldn't this quickly be outdated like... right after 2012? :p
Post apocalyptic fiction has been popular since literally forever, I can't see them going out of fashion after the world doesn't end in Dec 2012.

Inverse said:
The location of the 2012 ride has been known for ages. It's detailed out on the MTP that was found years ago. They want a new island beyond Stealth (interestingly, roughly the location of the explosion on that image). The MTP also said it'd be 50m high with a lift, just to counter the post earlier asking for a launch.
50 meters tall with a lift hill? That ride sure has to be way bigger than any ride ever built at Thorpe before! Maybe that's why they're starting to "advertise" (they don't just give away promotional material like that) the ride so far ahead?

andrus said:
Inverse said:
50 meters tall with a lift hill? That ride sure has to be way bigger than any ride ever built at Thorpe before! Maybe that's why they're starting to "advertise" (they don't just give away promotional material like that) the ride so far ahead?
Stealth is 62.5 metres.

Yeah, but what he meant was that the ride will be larger in terms of actual ride time and elements, not height. If it has a lift hill, it suggests more to it than just a big top hat.

Why are people complaining without knowing anything about it?

It's a flyer...big deal! It's nice to know that there's a new big attraction on the way, but until more details are released, I can't get excited (or wound up!) about it!

If you look at Thorpe previous big rides - Stealth and Saw - they've made a good job of them. I wish people would look at each attraction with an open mind before slagging it off just because "it's forpe, init!"

andrus said:
50 meters tall with a lift hill? That ride sure has to be way bigger than any ride ever built at Thorpe before!

50 meters is around 160ft. For an idea of scale we have to look at other B&Ms of that height. (we're assuming it's a B&M, right?) As B&Ms kinda evolve slowly we can be quite confident that a comparison will be valid. So what's that kinda scale? Dragon Khan is 150ish, Superman in Madrid is 164 apparently. So that's the size we're looking at, so yeah, bigger than anything else Thorpe has. I for one am quietly excited by it, no need to go over the top or slag it off yet.