What's new

3 RMC's coming in 2016?

So Roar is pretty much confirmed to be getting the treatment! Now to wait for the confirmation from Kentucky Kingdom and Dollywood.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQrAA8bHw4[/youtube]

I have kept hoping it wouldn't be Roar to be honest, cause it is a good ride as it is.

Obviously this will be miles better, but, I'd have rather had both.

Oh well, I'll live.

YAY RMC.

^ Exactly what I was thinking. While this will obviously be better, Roar is already a decent, and relatively new, coaster. Weird choice.

Fab. I now have 2 RMC's to get my fat arse on next year. You just know already, without seeing any sort of concept art, that it's going to be **** AMAZING!

I saw on another site that Twisted Twins had one of its lift hills removed? The people there are speculating a launched side and a drop side but to me it sounds like they're only keeping one side. :(

EDIT: Thought I'd elaborate some more; when have you known me to leave a short post and call it a day? ;)

I feel like with gray angle steel supports and I-beam rail ties, having a dark gray structure for this coaster would look amazing if it were paired with a brightly-colored track. Maybe a really bright green-yellow like the supports on that Blue Fire clone going up in Russia? As for layout, I feel like it'll do a twisting drop into the hill but converted into a zero-g stall before going on to just eat up the rest of the layout in a bunch of crazy bursts of airtime, outer banked high turns, quick rolls , the like. I could also see it doing a sideways Outlaw-esque airtime hill where the two tracks used to converge over the entrance to the ride. I expect it to be most comparable to a cross between Medusa Steel Coaster and Wicked Cyclone. And knowing Kentucky Kingdom, they'll only run one train. -_-

Down south a tad further at Dollywood, I expect to see a colorful coaster as well. I'd expect painted supports (likely whitewashed or light grey) and a pastel-colored stripe atop the topper track like Goliath, probably baby blue, yellow, green, or salmon. This coaster does have to go over the trolley entrance (and I expect them to maybe remove the aging sign over this driveway and incorporate a new one into Shot Rod's structure) so I expect them to put some effort into making it look attractive. I also wonder if they could maybe incorporate Intamin's windcatcher element from Cheetah Hunt out of the launch for this one, looking at Wildfire's drop I could easily see them doing their own take on it.

Roar I'm interested in seeing just because they haven't reprofiled a super twisty GCI layout before, I wonder how much they change.

It was just announced today that SixFlags Discovery Kingdom is officially closing ROAR on August 16th. I think that pretty much confirms the RMC Conversion Rumors.

Also, there are rumors of Dollywoods Coaster track an supports are starting to arrive and is being stored behind the hill near employee parking. If somebody wants to sneak back there...

Need to make a new topic, but Kentucky Kingsdomes turning Twisted Twins into Storm Chaser based off their youtube page.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Here's the video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfT-2PtTqFU[/youtube]

Looks amazing...however, I wouldn't bet on its legitimacy. That account likely isn't official and was created today, the ride looks rushed, and the video's unprofessional.
A leak perhaps? And if it is just a teaser, could we be seeing the other side having a similar layout too?
I suppose we'll find out later today when an official announcement is made...

And Roar...what an odd choice. The GP's reaction to its closure wasn't hugely positive, and rightly so! A dumb decision by Six Flags, considering Le Monstre and the other Roar are much more desperate for the treatment, unless it has something to do with budget?

EDIT:OK, having said that it's for real! Still excited nonetheless....a bit disappointed it's not dueling, but still looks to be a bloody good coaster which flows really well.

http://www.facebook.com/kentuckykingdom?fref=ts
http://www.kentuckykingdom.com/comingsoon/storm-chaser/

So they are only rebuilding half of the ride then?

Thats odd imo, unless they plan to add in the other potential half of it for the 2017 season, which makes financial sense.

Still though, that rolling drop. I want me some of that!

Okay...

I'm PUMPED!!! RMC three hours from here? I can totally dig it! It seems a tad short (I really wish they didn't rip down the other half) and I'm not a huge fan of the basic red but overall it looks amazing! Not a potential number one like I was expecting but still amazing.

Shall we start a topic in Roller Coaster Construction?

^If you don't do Goliath before you get on this, it'll be your number 1. Fury325 is good, but it's not RMC. And these rides are so much better than they're perceived in the POV's.

Yeah, this looks easily as good as Wicked Cyclone, which is better than anything you've done Jarrett.

I count ten fab looking hills on this, plus the inversions and it doesn't have any dead spots - this will be awesome.

Seriously, don't underestimate it just from that video. I hope the stall goes further than 140 degrees when it's built though - you know what RMC are like <3

Unless you ride Skyrush before obv which is better than every other coaster ever built <3

^Skyrush is in like four weeks so I'll have done it. Goliath is iffy since I plan to do it as a fall trip but I still intend to get out there, either end of this season or early next.

Wicked Cyclone looks as a whole a smidge uninspired and there really isn't much new on it but still a great ride. The early POVs make it look like it messes around and doesn't do **** during the second half of the ride but offride footage and reviews from CF and non-CF alike make me suspect otherwise. This looks similar albeit a bit slower and shorter, I feel like Ed Hart's limitations didn't fully allow this RMC to be all it could be. Quite unfortunate but it is what it is, and it's still an RMC, so I'm still excited for it. But seriously, they couldn't turn that airtime hill into a zero-g stall?

To anybody who's ridden most RMCs, does this look right up there with the rest because it really looks to lack in comparison? :/

I want to see what Dollywood has up their sleeve personally. Hate the theme they're going with (though it's better than anything southern, and if I'm listening to music at their mercy in line then fifties trash is a bit better than country trash) but with the fact that it's topper track, launched, and appears to be an out-and back terrain hugger, what we've seen fits the profile of most of my top rated coasters. If it's twisty out and back like Fury, Voyage, Cheetah, Millie, or Levi, well, it might be right up my alley. Lightning Rod (as it's trademarked) is the 2016 ride I really want to see, though Storm Chaser was nice to see.

Portaventura should give Stampdia the "Iron Horse" treatment asap as it's so rough n unforgiving & this spoils the ride.

I still haven't done an RMC. #basicbitch

I was planning on hitting Texas this summer, but then realised that that would mean I'd have done three USA trips in the space of a year and I wanted some new cunch creds.