What's new

2nd Gen Reverchon Spinning Wild Mice

Matt N

CF Legend
Wait, Reverchon still exist? I thought they went bankrupt years ago!

I certainly hope that the 2nd generation improves upon the first generation, as I'm not a fan of either side of Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom at all!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Got to admit that I don't mind these Wild Mice as much as other people. My favourite is probably the one on Blackpool South Pier as it hangs out over the sea, which I think is a cool feature.

lachlan

Mega Poster
Wait, Reverchon still exist? I thought they went bankrupt years ago!

I certainly hope that the 2nd generation improves upon the first generation, as I'm not a fan of either side of Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom at all!
Yeah I was under the impression the drawings for the Spinning Mouse were sold to Zamperla, but then again, the Reverchon website has remained active and lists the Spinning Mouse.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Actually the spinning Wild Mouse issue is quite contentious. From my understanding, Reverchon signed a partnership deal with Zamperla back in the 00s which allowed the latter to sell Reverchon-manufacturer spinning Wild Mouses. However, Zamperla reneged on the deal at some point, and started manufacturing spinning Wild Mouses with identical designs on their own.

Indeed Reverchon is still active to this day and has a booth in every IAAPA European expos. I met them at both EAS 17 and 18, and I have to say they were very friendly, approachable people with a passion for the industry. The 2nd Gen Spinning Wild Mouse was in the works for quite some time actually, as a new train and seat design was already on display at EAS 17:

FRFjOGq.jpg

L6hgc5h.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I am sure I've seen a picture of a layout concept for this but for the life of me I can't find it again. The main thing I remember is the brake run seen above the station on the old models after the first switch backs was now a highly banked corner not dissimilar to the maurer models immelman turns.

Pretty sure I'm not imagining this.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I am sure I've seen a picture of a layout concept for this but for the life of me I can't find it again. The main thing I remember is the brake run seen above the station on the old models after the first switch backs was now a highly banked corner not dissimilar to the maurer models immelman turns.

Pretty sure I'm not imagining this.

No you're not ;) Found this in my old archives:

caDHScH.jpg

Efan

Mega Poster
Would a launched lift hill be a bit overkill for a spinning wild mouse where the cars have to take corners at a reasonably slow pace? Then again it could be a cool selling point.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Surely if the ride had a launch, it would be expensive to purchase and run and harder to assemble depending on the type of launch? I am curious as to what type of launch system this will use though.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm late to the party (blame the holidays), but I like that honesty in the press release. It calls the Reverchon Spinners "well known", which is probably the nicest things that can be said about them without lying.