Votes: 9 52.9%
  • (1) Colossus

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nealbie

CF Legend
DBTeaser2_zps26bf314c.png

"They have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming."

scw55

Hyper Poster
I'd find it funny if it was a Tilt Coaster given the streak combo we seem to have had with that type in the last month.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Okay, so I haven't posted any teaser pics or any evidence of work for that matter and here's why, let me tell you about the week I have had.
So for the last two weeks I spent just plodding along here and there, working on it when I could, but the idea was radical and it was quite hard to do, it was a bit spacey and there were too many issues.

Monday - So after I did a ton of work and accidently clicked on a CS set that I shouldn't have because it crashes the game, I got annoyed and decided to change it and start again from scratch, at 3am on Tuesday morning!!
So I was up till 5am deleting the ride and its scenery and knocked out a layout.

Tuesday - did a small bit of theming but went to bed early after getting only 2 hours sleep the night previous.

Wednesday - got home from work at 9pm got a new Ipad mini and train set, but they remain in their boxes because I spent the next 7 hours working on the ride, tweaked the layout and completed all the real figgitty scenery.

Thursday - Planned to get the final bits done today as I was off work, but I got nothing done until 4pm because as soon as I loaded the game up it crashed, so I loaded it up again, and again, and again, constant crashing? I had to spend time running scans and what not to try and fix the problem, eventually I resolve the problem and I manage to get the last few bits finished at about midnight, horrah, time to start recording, no.
Because as I attempt to record the game refuses to do so, so I have spent the last 4 hours trying to find a solution, and I think I found the problem, resolving this problem involved lowering the poly count, meaning destruction of my park :(
So the park I'm constructing this in is the same as my entry in the last round, so its quite full now, and it was really sad to have to start destroying the hard work and man hours, just to try and save this already stressful project, The Sultan has survived as a coaster but nearly all the theming has gone and it looks naked and out of place, an indoor water ride has also completely gone, the duel tilting ride, although un-recorded had also gone, although the theming and station remain in their entirety, all very sad to have to do and now look at :( (I will share theses pictures with you at some point)
Although horrible to have to do, the problem appears to be resolved, so recording should finally be able to commence as of tomorrow and I hope to have it presented on deadline day just before the Superbowl.

When you see the ride I want you to just appreciate the mountain of bullcrap that I have gone through to get this done, its not the best ride I have ever done, but it is easily the most stressful.

Also, this is evidence that anything is possible I have technically been working on this for 4 days and have run into multiple technical issues, yeah I have had no sleep this week and lived off energy drinks, but I have still had to go to work and have my normal day to day life, but I will get it done, over my dead body I won't be in on Sunday.

Anyway its now 5am AGAIN!! So off to bed for me.

nealbie

CF Legend
I feel for you. It's good that my theme is something really close to me, as at no point have I been able to contribute more than 2 hours at a time to it.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I find myself that it's hard to dedicate too much time to one thing. If I do spend 8 hours on RCT3 it's that I'm working on various things at the same time. Hence why I have a lot of un-refined projects. I go back to them later and add finishing touches when my subconscious has finished processing what the earth to do next.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ I totally relate to you there. Even though I probably have a greater tolerance for tedious projects, I do find myself (particularly at the end of large competition projects) getting bored/worn out/unimaginative. I usually end up just powering through since there is a deadline I need to keep to. At least in the end I am happy to see the completed project and I know what went into it and can feel content rewatching my video submission or revisiting the project (if only for nostalgic reasons).

@Nick: So sorry to hear about your struggles with your entry. It's always a shame when technical issues bog down a contestant. I'm confident that you will create a quality submission in the end. Best of luck to you. I too hope to get my entry in before the Super Bowl this weekend.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Technology is always temperamental and annoying to everyone; personally I've experienced a complete rct3 memory loss, in which all my work was lost, and of course, my antagonising inability to download CS.

Don't worry too much though, and don't sacrifice your personal well - being either,since surely this is less important? Anyway, this competition was instigated by you, so you have your own set of rules :--D .

Good luck!

Colossus

Giga Poster
Well there's a hint of good news today, pov has been successfully recorded and the off ride shots are working at the moment also, softer all the issues, today at least everything is playing ball, so should be good to get a decent presentation in, touch wood.

nealbie

CF Legend
DISASTER!

RCT is closing every time I load up the scenario with my coaster in it! Even the "back up" adjacent save. Luckily the layout of the coaster I saved. So will have to try and get the scenery sorted tonight and Sunday. I want to cry, I loved what I'd done!

reddude333

Giga Poster
I know its cliche but try restarting your computer and then loading the file again if you haven't tried that yet. It has worked wonders for me in the past.

Colossus

Giga Poster
nealbie said:
DISASTER!

RCT is closing every time I load up the scenario with my coaster in it! Even the "back up" adjacent save. Luckily the layout of the coaster I saved. So will have to try and get the scenery sorted tonight and Sunday. I want to cry, I loved what I'd done!

Ahh crap!!

Thats crappy I feel your pain after the week I have had, just do what you can mate, see where you are tomorrow night and well sort something out so don't worry yourself too much, but yeah, sucks.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Sorry for the double post, but I'm proud (or should I say relieved?) to finally present to you my submission, with one day left, which is hard to believe really all things considering, but I got it recorded and put together today, so I figured I would post it so as I could just have it done, and for the first time in a week I can stay away from the game and just relax a little.

So here is Projekt F7, or simple F7, shes a B&M Wing Coaster and she is set in the 2075 section of the park, the ride itself is themed to be a futuristic fighter jet, which interacts with the scenery around it, multiple near misses, underground sections and a whiz around a private testing facility.

I wanted the theme and area to be "clean" so as to possibly be a more realistic depiction of what the year 2075 could be like, the theme for the ride that got scrapped was heavily space themed and I just wanted to get away from that as it was a bit too tacky, so I went with a clean sort of theme here for more interesting futuristic look.

So here she is , I hope you enjoy it as much as I didn't enjoy making it ;)

I'm happy with it though, its amazing what you can do in 5 days.

Shot0115_zps613603c4.png

Shot0119_zps22e7f860.png

Shot0117_zps86a0c712.png

Shot0112_zpscd738fc3.png

Shot0118_zpsd148bd9f.png

Shot0116_zpsa5a8bbf3.png

Shot0122_zpsf8f0995c.png

Shot0121_zpsa7fc4615.png

Shot0120_zps6daa6dad.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ulPe6rMVtY[/youtube]

nealbie

CF Legend
Hopefully my one day effort will at least put up a decent fight. Hopefully will appear tonight, if not then the early hours of Monday. Blasting through the energy drinks xD

Very good entry mate :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
@Nick: Haha! Don't worry...it's not all bad. I'm only kidding though. I think it is fantastic but you will get the full review as will nealbie so get ready ;-)

Colossus

Giga Poster
@ Neal - Hows progress going buddy? Message me if you need anything, I'll be on here all evening.

@ Derek - Cool haha, I look forward to it, I notice you still haven't reviewed my last ride yet either ;) I'm going to do all rides after this tourney is over.