What's new

2009 Coasterpoll Results

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^ Some coaster enthusiasts do rank B&M Hypers high (I just disagree with that) but I think a lot of it is fanboys...or just going to their home park. For example, look at all the OH people. KI is their home park, they ride Diamondback, love it, and rank it high.

Rush

Giga Poster
I couldn't find my ballot. :(

Oh well, once more the Poll disagrees with me with Alpengeist, Oblivion and California Screamin' put quite lower than coasters such as Nemesis, which I have to say again, I don't rate very highly. :p

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
I am quite pleased that Apollo ranked 16th :)

However, I'm quite baffled that Iron Dragon ranked above even Anaconda... I understand that Anaconda is rough, but I also understand that Iron Dragon is lame?

And it shocks me that X2 is as low as it is, but 44 out of 300-odd isn't that terrible, and I'm also glad to see Millennium Force back in the Top 10.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
^ Iron Dragon isn't that bad, actually...apart from its incomprehensible boringness, there's nothing terribly wrong with it. It's just resolutely average.

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
Erg...I was holding out hope that Katun would beat Nemesis after all. Anyone on here ridden both and prefer Nemesis? I'd love to know how many ballots where people rode both voted Nemesis higher...

On the other hand, I was also worried that MF wouldn't make the top 10...so that's refreshing.

What a joke that Apollo's Chariot is that high.

CreditCrazy said:
For example, look at all the OH people. KI is their home park, they ride Diamondback, love it, and rank it high.

Not *this* OH person...but then as noted, I didn't get a ballot in :(.

Brookes

Giga Poster
The poll seems to agree with the general of my rankings but I agree about the B&M hypers being too high up. Love to see Montu still keeping up there at 18. It's good how on both wood and steel my poll has been near the top on the page with all the polls on. :)

Gazza

Giga Poster
One thing I thought was weird was that Cyclone and Tower of Terror, Scooby Doo and Cyclone got " * " rankings in the main because they had 12 riders, but Superman Escape only had 9 riders which was too few for the main list.

Just sticks out to me because it would be rare for an enthusiast to visit both parks, but not ride our flagship coaster :?

Regardless, Superman would have sat at 30th spot due to its winning percentage, outclassing all the accelerators barring Storm Runner.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Only 2 things I'm surprised at really, firstly, The Ultimate only making it in at 146th!

And secondly, Mumbo Jumbo at 158th. It shouldn't have even made it on to the poll.

Good to see JO climb to 224th :roll:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmmm, Insane near the top and TPR had a trip to Scandinavia last year... ;)

So Behemoth got sent out by Diamonback...

And all the rest are basically the same... Lol...

Yeah, I agree with Jake, these lists are silly...

Snoo

The Legend
CreditCrazy said:
^ Some coaster enthusiasts do rank B&M Hypers high (I just disagree with that) but I think a lot of it is fanboys...or just going to their home park. For example, look at all the OH people. KI is their home park, they ride Diamondback, love it, and rank it high.

As compared to all the other B&M Hyper experiences, I thought DBack has a superior ride experience tbh. But, when you average all of my personal rankings for the rides, the rides are definitely not that high up. Nitro and Apollo don't even crack my top 30.. while Goliath and DBack are in my Top 15.

I think this newer generation of B&M Hyper might have a good thing going for it, not because KI gets a lot of rides.. but because the ride is actually a good one.

And to generalize all OH people as 1. being a KI fanboy and 2. Loving the ride.. is a fail. Personally, Waldameer is my home park, and I know quite a few people who didn't enjoy the ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The poll seemed to come out alright after all of the scandal, but it still seems absurd to have rides with such small ridership as Eagle's Fortress, Piraten/Kawasemi, Atlantis Adventure and Pyrenees rank so high.

Let the masses decide, not some small, self-proclaimed elite.

A

Anonymous

^ Go there and ride them for yourself before you start criticising it...

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
And to generalize all OH people as 1. being a KI fanboy and 2. Loving the ride.. is a fail. Personally, Waldameer is my home park, and I know quite a few people who didn't enjoy the ride.

Yeah I know I mentioned that in a fail way. Basically, a lot of people that have KI as their home park and haven't ridden much else will most likely vote Diamondback #1. Same with Canada's Wonderland last year...and most other coasters. That's why a lot of new coasters rank high in their first few years (also because a lot of people travel to ride them).

While some people like Diamondback and some people think it isn't a big deal, I don't think the new trains are a great thing. Granted, I haven't ridden Behemoth, let alone any other B&M Hyper besides Diamondback, but I just don't think the rides are meant to have long two-across trains. Diamondback gave quite a bit of rattle and from the looks of other hypers, it seems that the four-across trains give much more forceful rides.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
Hyde244 said:
The poll seemed to come out alright after all of the scandal, but it still seems absurd to have rides with such small ridership as Eagle's Fortress, Piraten/Kawasemi, Atlantis Adventure and Pyrenees rank so high.

Let the masses decide, not some small, self-proclaimed elite.

Why is it so absurd to let a ride stuck in the boondocks (i.e. Eagle Fortress) get its fair chance? Why shouldn't it be praised if it deserves that praise?

And I've been on Eagle Fortress and Atlantis Adventure...not as part of 'the elite' but by myself on a trip a few years ago.

They deserve that ranking, no question.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
jayjay said:
^ I think Mitch just grouped it in with most other Maurer spinners.

Well that's wrong cos it's a bloody unique layout... Same thing for Spinball...

Why does he have Crush's Coaster on there when it's the same layout as one of the basic models with a small added on section?