What's new

“THE SW8 IS OVER!” Alton Towers, Sat 17 March

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm already on a Megabus up so there's no turning back now. Fingers and toes crossed that the weather isn't as bad as predicted!

Karen

Hyper Poster
Well the weather channel so far says the snow won't settle so more the wind and freezing temperatures will be the hindrance. Not backing out for now :)

Jared

Hyper Poster
I’m not backing out for nothing. I’ve got a hotel booked and it’s non-refundable. Making the most of it and whoring Duel and Hex if I have to!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, I’m definitely going in the park tomorrow, even if it’s until early afternoon. The Live is still on, but couldn’t tell you the status of the rides!

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I'll come as well, if my mates are still willing to drive me up to the Towers. They're kind of anxious about going up there. Finger's crossed!

Karen

Hyper Poster
Weather update.......
According to the weather channel and bbc alot less chance of snow. Also here in Nuneaton and hr or so south of Alton the wind isn't going to be as bad so you never know, it might alter course slighty and it will be less gusty in Alton oh and 1 degree not 0 tehe! See you soon, even if it's to be big kids in cbeebies :D

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Stafford is no snow at all with occasional wind blowing this morning. I did tell my mates not to take me to the Towers yesterday, but now I'm torn again if I should ask them after all x.x
Anyone happen to drive past Stafford today?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just looked out of the Splash Landings window - no snow. It is very cold though.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Stafford is no snow at all with occasional wind blowing this morning. I did tell my mates not to take me to the Towers yesterday, but now I'm torn again if I should ask them after all x.x
Anyone happen to drive past Stafford today?
If you can get to Uttoxeter train station for 9am there's room in our taxi :)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Hope you all have a brilliant day. Looking forward to hearing some proper views on WM.

We have a minor amount of snow settling down south now. Totally irrelevant to Alton - I just wanted to join in with the weather updates.

Will

Strata Poster
Judging from posts I've just seen from Alton, 2 degrees is the magic figures they're looking for to operate, so find a goon with a thermometer :p
Although, if the temperate does raise and they're looking for excuses, there's still the wind.

( **** knows why I'm awake...!)

Smithy

Strata Poster
Last offuciofupdate from them was that they're the opening the front of the park due to the wind and chance of trees coming down. Main rides closed because of the cold and chance of snow. Soft openings this week and full launch weekend next week .

That was at about midnight though .

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah it’s windy AF here now. And bitterly cold.

As I said in a previous post, if the creds don’t open, I’ll probably stick it out until 1-2ish.

I’ll see the brave (stupid?) ones who make it in a hour or so!