What's new

Olympia-Looping at London's German Christmas Market

DelPiero

Strata Poster
So we're probably looking at ~£25 to get all four creds? Boo... It'll probably do it still though. :D

Hoping to head there at the start of December.
4 Creds? Ha, no, more like 9.

Munich/Olympia Looping - Barth - £9
Ice Mountain - James Mellors - £6
Santa's Flying Sleigh - Buwalda - £3
Christmas/Euro Coaster - Buwalda - £6
Wilde Maus XXL - Max Eberhard - £7
Racing Coaster - Joseph Manning - £3
Alpine Thriller - Joseph Manning and William Thurston - £6
Clown Coaster - Buwalda -£3
Spinning Coaster - Buwalda (TBC which one) - £5

Guessing at costs but will be around those - so a total of around £48 for all the creds, not including any of the good flats lol

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Guessing at costs but will be around those - so a total of around £48 for all the creds, not including any of the good flats lol
Ah, I misinterpreted the website - assumed this was all of the creds: http://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/rides-and-games/#Uq54io8Jw6v3OeKJ.97

Pricey day out, I'll probably just make my mind up when I get there as to what I want to ride. I've never been (and don't care to look myself), but how does it work at WW - do you buy coupons at a ticket booth, or just pay in cash at each attraction?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
do you buy coupons at a ticket booth, or just pay in cash at each attraction?
You buy coupons in cash/card at the ticket booths, they print out tickets, these tickets you give at each attraction. The attractions only accept tickets, not cash.

I only need the Clown Coaster and OL. No Airwolf or Bayern breaker this year, which is a total shame, they were amazing. I'll probably have a go at XL as I've heard good things.

peep

CF Legend
You buy coupons in cash/card at the ticket booths, they print out tickets, these tickets you give at each attraction. The attractions only accept tickets, not cash.

I only need the Clown Coaster and OL. No Airwolf or Bayern breaker this year, which is a total shame, they were amazing. I'll probably have a go at XL as I've heard good things.

Oh really? I haven't been for a few years, did they change it?

Dar

Hyper Poster
It looks so bare without the "Olympia" sign and the rings on top of the lift! What a pathetic thing for the IOC to get worked up about.

Dave

CF Legend

My wallet just groaned when I read that!

Smithy

Strata Poster
So is Olympia the only new cred from last year? I think I mopped up all the small ones last year so if so at least it'll be a cheap visit this time round.

Probably wait and do OL at night too looking at those pics

DelPiero

Strata Poster
So is Olympia the only new cred from last year? I think I mopped up all the small ones last year so if so at least it'll be a cheap visit this time round.

Probably wait and do OL at night too looking at those pics
There's a slim chance the Spinning Coaster will be the other one owned by Buwalda which hasn't been at WW yet (or if it has it was over 4 years ago), but other than that they are all the same as last year, bar OL.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah the Santa's Spinning coaster is different this year, it was the compact model last year, now it's the full size model that has been to WW before, a good few years ago.

They've announced that you can avoid the queues by paying contact less at the major coasters, instead of having to get tickets.

Ben

CF Legend
Ugh I need to look through my count again because I rode he Spinner years ago and didn't last year cause I presumed it was the same one.

Imagine if I didn't ride it last year but I rode the 'other' one before and then it doesn't come back. I'd have to end it all TBH.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Buwulda (?) have two of them both with the exact same colour scheme (dark purple track and yellow supports) but one is a compact and the other is a standard model.

The last time I remember this standard model being at WW was the last year that Wilde Maus XXL didn't attend. I specifically remember them making a song and dance about an "amazing brand new coaster" which turned out to be a ****ing Reverchon Mouse

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I thought Buwalda owned 2 compacts and 1 XL version. The compacts were both yellow supports but one pink track one purple track. The XL was the one you are referring to a few years ago I think Martyn.

lachlan

Mega Poster
I was looking into this the other day.

Richard Bannister lists three separate Buwalda mice - the two standards and the XXL as said above. I thought the XXL was just occasionally added to one of the smaller ones, but according to his website they are three separate coasters. If only RCDB recorded travelling coasters, it would help us keep track

EDIT: Just had a look on FB and it is one of the standard models that is here this year, with purple track and yellow support.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I enjoyed Olympia (Munich) Looping tonight. Would recommend. :) Looks stunning at night.

Last edited:

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Is there anyone very tall out there who's ridden OL? I'm heading over in a couple of weeks with the bf who is 6ft 5... not sure if he'll struggle to get on?!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Is there anyone very tall out there who's ridden OL? I'm heading over in a couple of weeks with the bf who is 6ft 5... not sure if he'll struggle to get on?!
It's a tight fit for tall people I think. It's got the same sized trains as looping stars and other Schwarzkopf oldies. I think it will be do-able but a tight fit.