What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
"Three of the rides are in place — the observations wheel, the Aerobar and one of the roller coasters," according to Paradise Pier Fun Park/Margaritaville Resort Biloxi spokeswoman Tessy Lambert.
"The other 12 rides are on the way from where they were manufactured in Europe," she said, "and Paradise Pier Fun Park will open once all are in place. The rides are being delivered by boat and we’re at the mercy of the shippers.”
Don't get too excited about her saying "one of the roller coasters", since the other is actually a Disk'O ride.

View attachment 21029

https://www.sunherald.com/entertainment/article267276582.html
My understanding is the roller coaster is an SBF figure-8 spinner

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
My understanding is the roller coaster is an SBF figure-8 spinner
Yes. You were correct back when you posted that in April. The three attractions already in place are the only ones not manufactured by Zamperla, which seems to be having trouble getting them to the park, since the company apparently had the rides ready to ship earlier this summer.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium confirmed the expansion of Aqualibi today during the annual Walibi Belgium Fan Day. Next year, the waterpark will invest 20.000.000 EUR in 4 new 'high standard' slides and additions to make the park climate neutral.

237AE26D-7D6C-4F5D-B43C-214922ED057C.jpeg

A winteropening of the park is already rumored for several years and is now also confirmed by Walibi Belgium for 2023.

F3065482-6A5C-4482-BF9F-4C1892C754AF.jpeg

During the winter of 2023/2024 the rest of the 100.000.000 EUR investmentplan will re-start after Covid-19 and the floodings from 2021.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Interestingly, the shorter, arguably more interesting layout has been switched to private. First, I don't understand how it is such a frequent problem that coaster manufacturers post videos without having them set to private if that is indeed what they want. Second, it begs the question as to why they feel the need to make that particular model private.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Interestingly, the shorter, arguably more interesting layout has been switched to private. First, I don't understand how it is such a frequent problem that coaster manufacturers post videos without having them set to private if that is indeed what they want. Second, it begs the question as to why they feel the need to make that particular model private.
Wait did you take a screenshot of that layout at all?